Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shades of the Past....Pigeon Forge,Tenn.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 16, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

That's why we have Hagerty, Chrome and a few more insurance companies.......I used to worry and now I'm at the age, if it get's bent, scratched or stolen...I let the insurance company lay awake at night......THAT'S WHY WE PAY THEM...........Life is simple...worry about the things we can't change, like a sick kid or loved one.....cars?...let the agent worry.

2. Yeah,If we let that stuff keep us from enjoying our cars whats the use in having it if you don't get out and drive them?

Whether it's the Hamb drags or any other organized event! :confused: HRP

3. Thinking about driving over for the day on Sat. I wish the Deuce deal was still going.

4. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

We will be leaving early Thursday AM get there early PM. About a 5-6 hr drive for us too Harrison.

This run has always been high. I haven't registered in the last 10-12 years. We go to the show one day, pay our 10 bux to get in , hit the swap and save our car looking for night in the parking lots when its cooler and free. Most of the time we will be parked in our chairs on the sidewalks watching the cruising.

Hope to meet some fellow members this year! If you see the beige ragtop 48 Poncho give us a shout and pull us over.

Where you guys staying Harrison? We rent a private house near the Old Farm where I wish the show still was.

48 Poncho:cool:

5. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good tag line 48 Poncho!!!

6. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Some have been complaining about the rates. I think that the rates are better than they have ever been for this show. I booked a room with priceline (no I don't work for them) and it only cost me 130 a night. To me that's reasonable enough. Hell, I believe there were some on there (in the area) for 70 something a night. This is the first year that I haven't paid $200. :D
    The cops there have definitely killed the car guys from cruising after going overboard about people doing burnouts years ago. Some of the most fun years in my opinion, but I could see the danger in it. The first years I remember going were pretty wild. Still a good show and worth seeing. Plus with the beautiful scenery and available shopping it's easy to talk those wives that aren't into cars into going for a weekend.

HRP, I've seen your truck at a couple of events this year but you've been out lollygagging around somewhere. I hope to say hello this time.

7. Since the Southeastern Deuces are not going to have their show within the Shades Show like they have done in the past we are going to leave the '32 truck at home this year and take the boss lady's wagon. HRP

[​IMG]

8. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Used to go every year for like 10 years in a row to Shades and the Grand but the traffic and plain crazies run us outta there haven't been for like 8 years. We usually cruise down and get a couple rooms a couple weeks after the show to take in the Great Smokey Mountains scenery and cruise the back roads. Nothing better than Hot Rods and the good ole fashioned U.S.A.

9. I see a lot of people complaining about the traffic,,you can go anywhere you want by getting one or two blocks over from the main drag.

If you stay on the main road you are right it will take forever to drive from one end of Pigeon Forge to the other. HRP

10. Planning on taking the 56' to Shades

Attached Files:

11. 01Dudley

01Dudley

Why do you think I made the Big Wheel Drags the 2nd event!? Get your pedaling shoes and helmet ready. Must present SCTA license to race:D

12. 3 observations:

• The police are just doing their job.
    • You'd rather park your car and leave it all weekend than drive it?
    • You think you can "save" a parking space when you're not using it?

Everyone has a different outlook on life I guess. Hope you have a great weekend. :rolleyes:

JH

13. blalock51

blalock51

first time to SHADES from ALVIN TX

Attached Files:

14. CRZNDUCK

CRZNDUCK

Driving up from Port Orange FL arriving Thursday night for our first Shades event. Been on the bucket list a few years.

15. What are you driving? HRP

16. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Um, you're late...by a couple of weeks.:(
    Hope you have agood time anyway.:)

17. No,,it's this week,,we gonna hit the road Wednesday! HRP

18. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

I guess I'm the one that's mixed up...I thought I missed it already, but I knew I had to work. Oh well, its not the first time I've been wrong.:)

19. Wont be going this year since I sold the 56 Chrysler and still haven't finished the 56 buick station wagon yet. Hope to make it next year with the wagon.I might cruice it early Friday looking for station wagons lol.Bruce.

20. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

A lot of folks talking about not having the Deuce Doins. if I read right its because the guys that put it on all got old and tired (no dis-respect meant here). I would think that the powers that be would welcome some other club starting it back up. But I'm sure its a lot of work.

21. TUCKERBOY

TUCKERBOY

I'm heading up thursday after lunch ,if all goes well i'll be cruising around in my 52 pickup,always a good show.
    mmmmmmm.JPG

22. The Southeastern Deuces Club hosted the Deuce Show,,age,health and a few members passing away had a lot to do with the show being discontinued.

I have been to many of their show over the years and always enjoyed it but it takes a club to be able to do a one year only show within the Shades of the Past show.

We decided before we sent in the registration form for the show that the Deuce sedan is going to stay in the garage this year and we were going to the Ranch Wagon . HRP

23. Orange45

Orange45
    from Liberty sc

Will be headed up Friday. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1378168605.080724.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. cobra_4

cobra_4

Heading over early in the morning for the day. Been seeing a TON of stuff roll by my auto parts store around the nc/ga line! Can't wait to get there! I'll have the Go Pro rolling and the Nikon firing so stay tuned for pics!

25. Tacson

Tacson

Before I moved to Middle TN I lived in Knoxville for 5 years and HRP I wholeheartedly agree. Get off the beaten path and you can get thru

Mike gonna miss seeing that Bad 56' again. I just texted my buddy to get pictures of your hood hinges. Want to see if you running stock hinges for sure. You are not doing an open house this fall are you?

You all enjoy the show and somebody post pictures and you can start with HRP's wagon and that sweet 56' of Mike's

26. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

We went for the early part of the week, have to get back to the old grind this weekend. It was my first time there and was a lot of fun. I cant see sitting in a lawn chair 12 hours like some folks were doing but we took the opportunity to walk both sides of the parkway. Lots and lots for sale, but I didn't see many bargains. I bet it is hopping today.

27. 47ragtop

47ragtop

If you don't like 6 lane parking lots, motel and restaurant price GOUGING,rude cops hot no shade locations for the show and diesel trucks,just stay home. That's what I have been doing since the late 80's. I have no intention of ever going again.

28. Gman0046

Gman0046

The price Gouging, rude cops, hot with no shade locations for the rod run has been going on since the Shades started. Diesel trucks just the last few years. Like everything else, good things all come to an end.

29. Wait until next weekend,,that's when the police get a work out with all muscle cars and 4 wheel drive stuff.

I've been here since Wednesday and I haven't seen any stupid or cops,,one thing I will agree on,,it is HOT,,our room rate was cheaper this year than last and we are at the same place,,but it ain't cheap.

Were having a good time with old friends that we see once a year and it's a vacation. HRP

30. dhwms

dhwms
    from Tennessee

Hot!!!!!!!!

There are more cars/vendors at the car show than last year. The number of cars for sale along the parkway about the same as last year.