Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gettysburg KOA show pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom7777, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

went to the Gettysburg KOA show today,,perfect weather,,,lots of nice kustoms,,,,

Attached Files:

2. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

few more........

Attached Files:

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Great pics .. thanks for sharing

4. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

More please....

5. noboD

noboD

Thanks, I've seen the T-Bird at several shows. It couldn't look better.

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The 39 Chevy with the surfboard was at the Mason Dixon KKOA show too. It's a shame that the 2 shows have to compete against each other but I guess that was the point for someone. I have no idea who or why nor do I care...I just think it's a shame.

7. Chad s

Chad s

Looks like it was very nice. I didnt know they split, I thought it was just a move. I went to the wrong show! The KKOA show in MD was a bore.

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks for the pics, Jim...how was the turnout?

I was hoping to make it this year, but I obviously dragged my feet getting my car back together. Hey, there's always next year!:D

9. And you were only 45 minutes from the Gettysburg show when you left Mason-Dixon and went back home!!:eek:

10. Does anyone have an explaination for this mess?
    For a year KKOA, on their site, advertised that the show was moving out of the park in Biglerville. Now, a day later, I find out that HALF of the cars were still at Biglerville. What's the deal?

11. sololobo

sololobo

Koolsville!! Love these shows and can't wait to go to Salina, Ks. for that super event. Salina is really a neat laid back event with the cool friday nite drags. The $40.00 motel rooms are hard to beat, this town is hot rod friendly and fun place to visit. ~Sololobo~

12. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Thanks Jim! Looks like you made the right call.

13. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Two different shows, two different organizations.

The KKOA held a show in Biglerville for over twenty years. It was one of the longest-running custom events in the East. For whatever reason, Jerry Titus (KKOA founder) decided to move the show this year.

I suspect the KOA people, seeing an opportunity, grabbed the date and locale for themselves. They probably realized:

1) half the attendees don't read about this stuff, and just go where they have always gone.
    2) For folks coming from the Northeast, the extra 50 miles was just too far.

I wasn't able to go this year. Being a KKOA lifetimer, I just hope Jerry's show had a good turnout, because he may have lost Biglerville permanently to the KOA.

14. Cadfink

Cadfink
    from california

Thanx some really cool pics

15. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Jim,

Thanx for the pictures! I jus' love East Coast Kustoms! They usually have real paint jobs, and all the extra details missing from the West Coast builds.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

16. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Thanks for the photos, we had planned to go, but couldn't swing it, too much work to do before next weeks Road Rocket Rumble. I hated to miss this show, it is always a good one.

17. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

hey leah,,,,i looked for your guys there,,,,sorry you missed it,,,it turned out pretty well,,,,

18. teddyp

teddyp

heres a few pictures of gettysburg had a good time don,t know why both had thier meets on same week-end anyway heres some pictures i,ll post more later:cool:

Attached Files:

19. teddyp

teddyp

a few more they put a nice meet on gave alot of things away

Attached Files:

20. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

thanks for the pics !

the bird is really sweet ! is it a real survivor ?

21. Chad s

Chad s

I didnt even know there was still a show in Biggerville! Had I known, I would have gone that way. I found out last night that there were now 2 shows.

What a silly mess. I dont know why they had both shows the same day. Almost as if it was done in spite.

22. Deu55

Deu55

Cool pics thanx....

23. Teddy & Jimmy,
    Thanks for posting the pics, sorry I couldn't make it.

24. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I heard KOA has a ten year lease on Gettysburg. Nice show dispite all the complaning about rat rods and such being there. One hunderd miles round trip plus ten more gal. of gas more make KOA seem like a better deal. I'll go back next year.

25. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

yeah i think that was really stupid of how close the two shows were and how they were on the same weekend. i was at the kkoa

26. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

"hey leah,,,,i looked for your guys there"
    Kustoms7777

I knew I needed to catch up on things and stay put, but it was hard not to say ah' hell and just go to the show, could've caught both of them, it is so hard to be an adult sometimes:rolleyes: Sorry we missed you too !

27. Berdoo John

Berdoo John

Mmmmm Customs! Thanks for posting those Jim

28. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here are a few cars that caught my attention. I'll post some more of each of my "Top Three" in a few minutes

Attached Files:

29. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

Here's one of my faves!
    One of the best ways to tell a nice job is if you walk around the car for the third time and you're STILL finding neat stuff. Check out the shifter handle, a "tool of the trade", also, note the '61 Caddy grille, which meant he had to re-fab the front of the hood, he pie-cut and pinched the fenders. In the rear, he extended the deck lid, then re-peaked the center of the deck lid. The scallop theme carries over to the headliner, dash and rear package tray. This is really a sweet car that is beautiful in every respect. It belongs to Art Demarest from North Jersey who built it along with help from his brother-in law, I think. We gotta get this guy on the HAMB!

Attached Files:

30. Mopar34

Mopar34

I wanted to get to the Biglerville show this year but family obligations kept me away. Maybe next year I'll have the Olds back on the road with some new rubber and some engine parts. I see from the second group of pictures that a friend of mine from my old car club had is 53 Chevy there. It's the brandywine red one with a merc grill and packard tail lights. (second set of pics, top row center & right). He nearly always walks away with an award where ever he takes it. It's a beautiful ride for sure, but it should be for the $$$$ he has in it.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009