Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dave Bell

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SUNROOFCORD, May 1, 2012.

1. SUNROOFCORD

SUNROOFCORD

Dave had a heart attack April 18th and last week was admitted back to the hospital and quickly diagnosed as having very severe brain cancer. His family was told he will not be coming home. Dave is being moved to hospice this afternoon.

2. Wow...very sorry to hear this. Prayers for him and his family!

3. davelamboriginals

davelamboriginals
    from fremont nh

i am so very sorry to hear......my heart is heavy and my family has him in our prayers

4. kscuda

kscuda
    from olathe, ks

Very sorry to hear this, have always admired his work and have a few of his drawing from back in the '70's

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Damn. Prayers sent.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

very sad to hear.:(

7. titus

titus

Sad to hear, i never got a chance to meet him. I hope a miracle happens and he makes it thru it.

JEFF

8. Sad news.

9. metal man

metal man

Very sad to hear this. Just imagine how many of us grew up reading his cartoons every month. It has always been my favorite part of the magazine:(

10. Very sad news. Dave is a great guy. Quick phone calls with Dave would turn into hour long conversations. I can truly say he is one of my favorite people. Prayers to Dave and his family.

11. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Prayers to Dave and his family. His art has been inspirational to many.

12. daddio211

daddio211

Prayers from our family to yours, Mr. Bell. You've inspired so many of us, and to his day so many of us want our hot rods to look like your art!

Lost my dad to cancer in December, I truly feel for your family. God bless, and God speed.

13. butch27

butch27

A lot of bad news this year. Enjoyed his work.

14. hatch

hatch
    from house

I was blown away when he put me in one of his cartoons.....but meeting him was way beyond belief. Just plain fun....and no ego. Truly one of the greats. So sad to hear this information....If his family sees this....."prayers headed your way"

15. dclickster

dclickster

No equal to Mr. Bell's Art. God be with him & family.

16. That is very sad news, Dave certainly made his mark on the hobby, I hope the best for Dave and his Family.

17. It was always a touch of class, the way he honored those in the hobby who had passed. It is hard to believe that we will now honor him and we have no one to draw his final honor like he did for so many others.
    God bless Dave Bell and prayers for his family.

18. slammed

slammed

His Von Dutch send off was very moving. Bell is Swell...

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

back in the day the first thing I would look at in Street Rodder was the Bell cartoon in the back. I'd study all the little details of his drawings since there was so much going on in them.

great style.

20. Am so sorry to hear of this!! He did a Henri Hirise of our 40 in Alaska for the Sep 80 issue of SR. Talked over the phone with him a few times, used to send me his Tee Shirts for comments. ALL WERE OUTSTANDING, needless to say. Finally got to meet him in person 2 or 3 Father's Day Roadster meets ago. Walked up to him and said you wont remember me but you did a HH in Sep 80 of my 40 in Alaska, he said yes I did, you are Dave Mock!! BLEW ME AWAY!! What a memory, we talked for an hour or so about the "GOOD OLE DAYS", what a trip!!! He gave us an autographed "Special" HH poster for Sue and I!! Meant a lot, means more now!!! Thanx Dave hope for the best for you, in our prayers!! SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!

21. Patrick46

Patrick46

How aweful!

I know we ALL spent hours apon hours studying his illustrations. He was a big influence on my art...without question!

They way he hides little things in his pictures...was almost like looking through one of the search & find drawings I'd see in the Highlights books back when I was a kid. Not to mention his eye for detail, plus his uncanny ability to strategically place specific people, places, or cars and bikes into his drawings, was nothing short of phoenominal!!

The motorhead community will certaintly suffer an irreplaceable loss when he moves foreward into his next big adventure.

GODSPEED Dave. I sure hope you have some idea of what a wonderful impact you've had on all of us!!!

22. I don't post here much but wanted to say I wish the best for Dave. I met him a few years ago at LA Fathers day and spent alot of time in the last few years at that show with him. He is a "father" of our hobby and one hell of a guy and historian. Take care Dave.
    Rich

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sorry to here, I have been a fan of Henry Highrise since the early seventies...

24. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Met Dave at Lead East a few years back, super nice guy. My thoughts & prayers go out to Dave & his family.

25. Rikster

Rikster

Man... that is SAD news.

I have always loved his work. He had such an eye for proportions and style.

I wish him an his family all the strength they need in this difficult time.

26. Very sad indeed, loved all his artwork!
    Prayers to Dave and the family.

27. weez

weez

Damn, awful news- grew up with his drawings... My Dad's pals with him- Damn...

Awesome talent-

Attached Files:

• Bell.JPG
      Bell.JPG
      File size:
      477.3 KB
      Views:
  28. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

29. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

I met Mr Bell at Detroit Autorama back in 99 or so and he hung around and drew my car for me I was so happy I will never forget that.. especially because he gave me a kid the time of day. I wish him and his family well through these hard times

30. Deuce Lover

Deuce Lover

Sad to hear.Met Dave in the mid 70's and have a beautiful piece of his artwork of me with my 34 Ford roadster done in his classic style.Great guy and legend !!!!