Register now to get rid of these ads!

The YAY-HOO CUP... who's worthy?

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by BLAKE, Jul 31, 2012.

1. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

2. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to seeing Danny G and Squirrel making the long drives...I will hand them a cold beer in Joplin for their efforts.

That is assuming mine makes it...I had to put an emergency oil pump in her today but other than that, she is ready to go.

-Abone.

PS. DW, your avitar guy does need a punch in the face....

3. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

That is Ross Hudson Mackey (see my signature ) and while he shows moments of genius, a good pop in the mouth would probably do him good.

He is my kid brother. Almost 16 yrs. my junior.

4. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

Danny that's the fun part...driving it to the event! Looking forward to seeing your car!

5. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Kid brother huh....well OK.. no punch in the face. Can you find a pic of him standing by a big motor or something a little less creepy lookin??

I'll save you a beer in Joplin.

-Abone.

6. daschaefer

daschaefer

The CHICKEN COUPE IS ALIVE!!!!!!!

Was more worried about shiney parts this year because tomorrow I am driving it into the hanger as my official entry into my retirement ceremony from the USAF.

IF it doesnt give me too many problems during the break-in tomorrow I will be driving up from HOT SPRINGS on Thursday to give you guys a run for that GLORIOUS CUP........ Of course if Im losing at least my shiney parts will look good in your rear-view mirrors,

SEE YOU SOON!!!

7. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

Most excellent!

8. BLAKE

BLAKE

9. Rusty

Rusty

10. squirrel

squirrel

Jason ran something like 10.62 coasting across the finish line with no oil pressure and a spun rod bearing. Real bummer about breaking the car. Good win though!

I ran Jeff and he popped an intake gasket and went slow that run. He got it fixed in the pits and drove the car back to the hotel, then played with the carbs and I hope he's driving home now with no problems.

11. BLAKE

BLAKE

Gonna do a write-up when I get a sec, but what Squirrel said. Actually, if you re-read last year's summary, you already know what happened this year... :D

12. daschaefer

daschaefer

We all know it doesnt matter who really won. Just like every other year the "Flamed-A-Bone" Sedan and Jeff are my HEROS. They made the 1200+ mile journey with no back-up trailer.... and to make it even better Jeff fixed his right at the track, it was documented and is already on You-Tube courtesy of a cool cat named Tim McGeorge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxaIdKWkGcY&feature=BFa&list=PL7D262A3C5AEDB70B

This year of course I have another Hero..... That sexy 1955 blown BBC Chevy and Squirrel drove 1100+ miles made some solid 11 second passes and drove away unscaved. AWESOME RIDE,,, Congrads Squirrel, !!!!

I just want everyone to know that I only drove mine 300 miles from Hot Springs Arkansas (trailed from Fl because its hard to fit the whole family in it) But my 900 mile trailer ride home to Florida gave me a lot of time to think about three things.

First: The YAY-HOOs are "SPOT-ON" for focusing recognition on REAL road worthy, street driven hotrods.

Second: I’m gonna drive mine the entire 900 miles next year. The 300 miles I drove was the funnest part of the “weak”-end (will be even better when I fix the mistake I made with the coolant restriction), my car loves the street. Maybe with a strong bottom end it will love the track too.

Last: I was awarded $50 by an unnamed friend of the YAY-HOOs just because he thought the Cup competition was righteous! I want to "pay it back" so I spoke with fellow Greazy Hubcap members (my club) and,,, with the YAY-HOOs permission of course,,, we would like to join forces and recognize the "most travelled cup competitor". I figure I have one year to figure out some “rules” but when an event like the HAMB drags inspires maniacs to drive 11 and 10 second cars 1000 plus miles across the country we all need to celebrate the real victory of DRIVING HOTRODS ON THE STREET …..GOD BLESS AMERICA and the HAMB!!!

13. oldsman71

oldsman71

congrats! sorry about your bottom end problems!!

14. BLAKE

BLAKE

He seemed to be dealing with it OK...

[​IMG]