Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dick's hot rod carbs

Discussion in 'The H.A.M.B. O'Dex' started by dickster27, Aug 6, 2011.

1. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

This is still Dick's Hot Rod Place just changed the name a bit for the sake of google and to let first time lookers know right away what I do. I still have a full line of my special
    "spiral ribbed" engine accessories and other goodies and adding new products all the time. For a complete list and pix of what Dick's Hot Rod Carbs is about see my web site at: www.dickshotrodcarbs.com.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Can't go wrong with dickster. Highest quality and all around great guy.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Dick is the man! He's done a ton of work for me! Always perfect! Thanks buddy!

4. brady1929

brady1929

hell of a nice guy. does great work.
    [​IMG]

5. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

I've done business with Dick for 5+ years, straight shooter who keeps his word. Top notch work.

6. mason-d

mason-d
    from san diego

Dick is the man. His work is amazing, his prices are more than fair, and his customer service is the best.

If you need anything carb related hes the ONLY person to call

7. Brandi

Brandi

Dick is awesome. Talked me through some issues on my carbs and I've put a bazillion miles on the roadster since. Looking forward to having him rebuild everything this fall.

8. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Top notch!!! He is VERY helpful with troublesome carbs.....aka:Studebaker backdrafts.

9. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I've dealt with Dick several times. Always the best!

10. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

1,2 or 20.... This man knows Carbs....A1

Attached Files:

11. metalix_421

metalix_421

always follows through with his word, sent dick cash and he shipped just like he said he would. very trustworthy guy. if hes got it or builds it I will go to him first.

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I am now officially in Texas. Just need a bit of time to sort out tons of boxes with product and tools so I can get back to work. Watch out Houston, here I am.

13. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Just a quick shout out for Dick and the work that he does. There are a handful of guys on the HAMB that bend over backwards to help anyone out with their expertise. Dick is one of those guys. He stands behind his work, and is willing to help out with free advice. I highly recommend you look him up for any carb work, vintage or otherwise, he can do it all.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Dick built this incredible Linkage for my Weiand WC4D intake in my '35. His work is second to none and it works flawlessly. I had so much confidence in his work I broke my cam in on a new engine rebuild with all 4 carbs on top. Incredibly great to work with and incredibly talented.

[​IMG]

15. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

I am a very hands on guy, and done my share of carbs. Rarely do I farm out work I can do myself. Mostly because I don't feel confident in their level of skill. Dick is a whole different story. I am going to be shipping a 3x2 to him and am actually excited to do it! We have spoken many times on the phone an he is always a professional and he is one of the men that continues the great Hot Rod traditions!

16. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

He sent me some great stuff! High quality! He knows and was very helpfull in what I needed! I cant wait to see it all together on my car when its all finished it going to be the crown! Thanks

17. XXL__

XXL__

Dick built me a fuel rail and fuel filter setup for my hooptey. I emailed him a bunch of info, he called to discuss details, made what we agreed to, shipped it when he said he would, and charged me what he quoted. Sounds like a pretty obvious bit of things to do, but most of you know first-class service can be hard to find these days.

As for service after the sale... I called him yesterday and had to leave one of those "I'm on the side of the road with a problem" voicemails. My filter had "exploded" and soaked the motor with hot fuel. :eek: I gave everything a nice coat of fire extinguisher before the vapors actually exploded into flame... but I was irritated that this new filter had come apart after literally only a few miles of use. Worse, I was confused as to how it could have ever gone together in the first place... neither it breaking or reassembly made any sense. But, Dick called me back very quickly, and after we talked in detail about what happened, and what the parts in my hand looked like, we found that there was an assembly flaw in the part he buys off the shelf to fit his machined filter bodies to. He knew his product so well, that while we were discussing minute details, he spotted the problem over the phone... that the shaft that holds everything together had been put in backwards at the factory (not his "factory," the one where the base part is made by underpaid people who hate their jobs). Yay! Instant success, and a few minutes of wrenching and everything was back and running on the motor. Thanks to him calling back so quickly, and his product knowledge, I was up and running without having to tow the truck, or ship replacement parts back and forth.

Again... great service, great product, and great guy!

Attached Files:

18. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey
    from Azle, TX

Hey Dick, You can see the 3 deuce you worked on for me in my gallery mocked up. I am keeping the thing in my office in the house till I am ready for it. It is to nice to keep in the garage. Anyway thanks for doing such a great job on it.

19. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

Another satisfied client of Dick's He did a great job rebuidling a couple of very beat up Holly 94s for me. When I got them back they looked and worked great. Bolted them to the intake manifold, started the engine, and set the idle. The whole transaction went very smoothly. The whole transaction took less than a month with shipping.

Highly recommended.
    Attached Thumbnails [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  20. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Mike, how did we work it out? You refused to tell me what exactly your issues were, if any, you refused to send the unit back, and you had your credit carb company resent the $619 you paid as well as an additional $20 fee with absolutely no notification what so ever. and just so you know you can be happy in the fact that I will never take payment in the form of a credit carb again. I am definitely not doing this to scam my customers. I can honestly say that I have done thousands of carb units and you, my friend, are the very first to do what you did, for any reason. If you are going to state the facts, state them all.

21. Have to put in my atta-boy! Got my 6x2 setup from Dick, and it is great. Fired on the first hit, carbs are excellent. Quality all around, highly recommended in my book!!-MIKE:cool:

[​IMG]

22. Serve'n Swerve

Serve'n Swerve
    from Gardena

Dick

UPS dropped off the package today. My god man you got down!!!This is one beautiful setup. Thank you so much, you have been great to work with and I would recommend you to anyone looking to take their carbs to the next level. I'll send some pics with the setup on the car sometime this week.

Regards

Frank

23. Jmasseur

Jmasseur
    from nh

Dick, You were able to walk me through what I needed on the phone, how it would work and what you could do for me.. That is customer service to the highest. Anyone saying you didn't help them is wrong and probably could not help themselves! Thanks! I can't wait to get my setup from you!

24. I bought a Fenton intake and 2X3 Rochester's from Dick. Very happy with the price. I just about pooped when the box arrived and I opened it. Freaking amazing! Nice work! Stunning.
    So it's like 3 months later and I have the car back together and I'm doing the usual shake down runs. Damn thing is running fat. Really rich. Fouling plugs in 500 miles. I piss around with it for 6 weeks off and on. I'm pulling my hair out. As a last resort I email Dick to see if he has any ideas. He asks me to send him a couple pictures. He calls me back, on his dime. He knows exactly what's wrong! Easy fix. It was the bullshit linkage set-up from Bowtie Overdrives that was the problem. I took it off, put the linkage on that Dick provided in the first place and adapted the TV cable to it. My mistake? Not calling Dick in the first place.
    Good price, extremely well put together product and most important (to me) great after sales service.
    Thanks Dick!!

[​IMG]

25. ty johnson

ty johnson

The Dickster did it again. He brought my 4X2 set up back from the dead.
    [​IMG]
    to this
    [​IMG]
    Thanks Dick! Looking forward to doing business with you again some day.

26. Movinman

Movinman

Dickster's work is second to none!

Attached Files:

27. Jive Turkey

Jive Turkey
    from Azle, TX

28. Here's my awesome set up Dick built for me: ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1382840637.254968.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

Dick is a great guy to deal with and a master at what he does. Just got my intake back this week and well take a look

Attached Files:

30. Dickster built the carbs for my SBF last summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkdfFi_SqjI
    One of the carbs was leaking shortly after install and I had very quick responses from Dick on where to find the problem. A quick clean of crud from the needle and seat orifice, as per his instructions, and all is well.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014