Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Hold My Keys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. I like vintage key chains also Ryan ! Ok guys/gals let see them ! I will show a few I have later when I get home from work ! If my key chain could only talk ! LOL

3. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

Wow, that Plymouth Belmont one is rad.

4. I dig the Hurst key chain. But nothing could replace my HAMB key chains, both versions!

5. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Man...those are cool!
    The one I've always wanted was way less valuable than any of those...
    Back in the 60's Kelloggs corn flakes had one that they put out for a couple of years. Simply a hard, see-thru plastic Rooster in various candy like colors with a ball chain. I had one or two as a kid (long gone!) and always thought it would be neat to have one to use for the keys of my coupe.

Silly I know...but maybe one of these days I'll come across one!!! :)

6. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

These were very popular in the 50's-60's....they were used as a fund raiser for the "Disabled Veterans"....They would come in the mail, with your license plate duplicated on the fob and they would request a donation.

[​IMG]

7. I love the Hurst one! I've had this one so long, I can't remember where it came from.

[​IMG]

8. llonning

llonning

Damn!!! Now you have me thinking about another hobby!!

9. [​IMG]

Love this one- thanks Ryan!

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like the leather ones with the dealerships stamped on them. No rattles or chipped paint.:D

The Ford football holds the keys to my 34 P/U.

The Ford Crest holds the ones to the 56.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

I really dig the hurst one!!!

12. SHRUM

SHRUM

As seen before on another thread. Got the tire one I use daily also!

If you gotta go-go to Johnson Motor Co. Smithville, Ark.

Attached Files:

13. I had a real rabbits foot for a long time... and it was at least 50 years old when I got it.

14. Brewton

Brewton

My Grandfather had a box of old key chains in his office that I used to pilfer through when I was a kid. I always wanted the one's with some sort of knife on them. One thing for sure... keychains made back then didn't hold many keys.... I guess they just didn't need keys because they have to lock stuff up like we do today.

15. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

i remember my dad used to have a junk drawer with a bunch of cool old key chains. now i'll have to see if he's still got 'em.

16. -Brent-

-Brent-

Dude, how cool.

17. SonOfaDog

SonOfaDog
    from Boise, Id.

Mine has been a rabbits foot for the past 20 years, think I'm on my third one.

18. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Okay, here's mine: an early plastic or Bakelite anchor that holds the keys to my shoebox (a moot point, as it isn't running yet); and a '40s or '50s Bakelite keychain that spells out "screwball" (think early Bugs Bunny).

That one hangs on the zipper pull for my Clicker car coat--and yes, I would like another Clicker please, if anyone's selling. Size 36 or boys 16. PM me. (Just sayin'!)

Attached Files:

19. rixrex

rixrex

Heres the story...I have an old silver chain watchfob...ring at one end and a mounted human tooth on the other, such was the custom of the day..It was given to me by my great aunt Lucille Jeter, she was a journalist and war correspondent with the WACS in WWII..Story goes (family legend), she was stationed in Germany and was with the group of GIs that liberated Berlin..she was with a squad that went into the building that Hitler had his downtown offices in..she was right behind the guys that were "clearing" every room..She was right behind the guys that entered Hitlers office, after taking a few pictures and notes she went through the desks..She left to me the watchfob and a WWI Iron cross that family legend says came out of A. Hitlers desk. Before I spend the money and take a sliver off of the tooth and have it DNA'd, I am talking to some WWII WAC historians to verify the story. Of course, it could be complete bullshit...

20. nofin

nofin
    from australia

Not quite the same but for about the last fifteen years my keytag has been a secondary butterfly from a quadrajet. Actually one of the most useful tools I've ever had on a key ring!

21. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Helluva story either way.

22. OLLIN

OLLIN

Cool Thread! its all about the details, even down to the keychain. Here's mine. It saved my butt a couple times, once when I needed to cut a piece of fuel line and another time when I needed a flathead screw driver. Kinda bent the blade though..:eek:

Attached Files:

23. Road Runner

Road Runner

[​IMG]

I found this original stitched leather key fob a couple of years ago. The logo design is 1947.
    I wonder if there were similar ones available with other makes.

24. aceuh

aceuh

I found this wrench laying in a bud's driveway about 20 years ago...He said it wasn't his...For some reason I've carried it ever since.

[​IMG]

25. autobilly

autobilly

The idea of "I wonder where it's been" has always been part of the attraction of Antiques for me. Here's an old fob that I auctioned off to benefit the HAMB when I hit 1K.
    [​IMG]
    I hope you're diggin' it Hombres Ruin.

26. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

Minnesota used to mail mini license plate key fobs with registration renewals, I have no idea if they were a fund raising as I was very young at the time...

27. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

heres mine not really hamb friendly but i think its kinda old i never see em around. i picked this up at a thrift shop in AZ.

[​IMG]

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Guess thats why the one I have from GM has a serial # on it. If I could post a pic I would, sorry. But it's one of those that you just drop in the mail and it goes to GM to figure it out.

29. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

The dealership I used to work at...
    yeah, we sold Opels, Buicks, Hondas, DeLoreans, and more...
    [​IMG]

30. MCINK

MCINK
    from EASTRIVER

I'm not sure if it is a keychain or not, but i think it is cool...
    measures 3.50" x 5.25"
    "Top Grain Cowhide", or so it says on the instructions on the back...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]