Register now to get rid of these ads!

pics of 64,65 chevelle f/x cars??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spudz, May 23, 2005.

1. spudz

spudz

are there any?? straight axle 64-5 chevelle projects out there?? I been wanting to build a project that the goal was to have a car that generally hauls balls. I decided to use a 65 chevelle 2dr sedan I have. It used to be a drag car since forever, atleast in the 70s, a good friend used to own and run it over 20 years ago. My goal is to make it a 60s style nose bleader with a nasty tunnel ram engine of some sort in it and some cool 60s art on the doors. Worst thing about the car is the floors, tranny tunnel and dog house have been completly cut out. I think they were gonna sheet metal it but never did. But I think I can handle this. With the advise of others of course. wink wink. Whats my choices for straight axles for this thing?? OK I always like to throw this question out there. WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? I am all ears. I want it to scare people.... REALLY scare people. And it must be able to be driven on the street too, not alot, but I wanna drive it threw town from time to time... I did the search thing but never came up with any pics. Does anybody have any??? Any thoughts?? Throw me a frickin bone here... Oh and btw, I am in college, I am cheap anyways so I will be on a TIGHT budget.... I already have a total of $175 in the car... thats alot for me, lol....

2. brandon

brandon

think more of a f/x car ......as for axle supply.....speedway or MAS ......and go and scare the kiddies....will have to look for one of a awb 65 ...with long wheelwell openings.........brandon

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Spudz, Great to see you are still around. How are things going....

4. Agree with the A/FX funny car look. Will try to find a Tom Sturm "Just 4 Chevy Lovers" pic. But this one of Pete Seaton may offer some inspiration. Can buy some nice graphics from Tim Frederick Studios.

[​IMG]

5. spudz

spudz

yeah...I knew the right term for what I want lol, just too early/late to have any good sense. lol Yeah thats what I want to build........something along those lines... And I been thinkin all day at school how kick ass and modernly missunderstood it would be make it an altered... I damn near got wood... Bones!! my man, whats happenin??? Things are cool. I was thinkin more along the lines of, junk yard axles??? what all do I need to swipe when grabbin an axle. Econoline?? know where a few of these are...I need tech on this, I am wound up... and if I don't get busy now, I will lose the wind and never do it.

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Send a pm to the Zettle Bros.

7. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Here is a picture I had.

8. HELLBILLY

HELLBILLY

Hell while I'm at it throw in some Pontiacs and such.

9. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I think fuel injection stacks would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cooler than a tunnel ram. But what do I know.

10. spudz

spudz

yeah BUT, I am sure the budget wont allow for the injection now, maybe when I am outa school hehe. Are there any build up pages on cars similar to this?? gtos, novas, anything early 60s??? I wanna see a step by step, this is uncharted territory for me...

11. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Dig back a few months in hot rod, when they did the match bash build up. When I get home from work I'll see if I can find the old issues if you don't have them.

Drew

12. The "Wilshire Shaker" series Link to Part I
    [​IMG]

13. spudz

spudz

Yeah I have that somewhere... I want the chevelle to look along those same lines...

14. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

What about Malcolm Durham's Strip Blazer. Do a google on him

15. I just love this car!!!!

16. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

The Hot Rod Magazine articles were pretty good, lots of info.

17. brandon

brandon

hot rod is or was doing a article on the awb deal ...with this guy .....http://performanceking.com/ it shows a bunch of pics on him doing a 63 ford fairlane........worth a check........brandon hackin and slammin' .....

18. brandon

brandon

forgot this one......want to build one soon .......haha brandon

19. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Nice pics Brandon. I like that Chevy II fast back. There was only a handfull that were made before the race ban in '63.

20. brandon

brandon

supposedly built for road racing ......with z11 427 409 motors....and corvette rearends.....i haven't ever seen any pics of one setup for it .....only drag cars....i think they said there were 6 total........the alan green chevrolet one was in the goodguys gazette a couple years ago for 180k.....brandon

21. brandon

brandon

found another.....

22. brandon

brandon

found a couple more......

23. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

24. spudz

spudz

Bad Ass Pics.... Thanks

25. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I sometimes wonder what would have happened if GM didn’t pull out of racing mid year 63. What would have been there answer to the Thunder Bolt ? 409 or 427 light weight nova or Malibu.

Id like to build one someday.