Register now to get rid of these ads!

History 1950's camwinders colorado springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Christensen, Jun 30, 2011.

1. John Christensen

John Christensen

Does anyone know any members from the 1950's camwinders in colorado Springs?

2. Arominus

Arominus

I live in the springs, but i can't say im familiar with them. I need to brush up on my local rodder history :)

3. yes I do.

Do you need to get in touch with them?

someone specific, or just anyone?

4. paladin138

paladin138
    from dewey,ok

I was a member in mid '60's,'31 A sedan. Still have my plaque,shirt and some stationary and envelopes w/letterhead.My winter jacket was stolen from my buddies car outside The Dawn bar and grille.

5. otis firefly

otis firefly

6. bobv

bobv
    from florida

I was a member in 1956&7. Still have the aluminum plate with the Can and logo

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  7. bobv

bobv
    from florida

Cam and logo

8. Hey Guys,

I'm looking for the Camwinders of Colorado Springs, not sure if any of the original members of the 50's are still around, or how to get ahold of any current members.

There was a Hill Climb event in Georgetown 1953 and 1954. Several of the Camwinders were there as competitors, Cotton Warren, Bob Reinfried, Tom Carroll, Major W. M. Martin, Doug Cimino to name a few.

We are resurecting this event, I have been compiling pictuers and stories and would really enjoy getting in touch with anyone that is interested.

https://www.facebook.com/HotRodHillClimb

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=785354

This uniquely bobbed 1934 Ford was from the Colorado Springs Camwinders Club, owner/driver is believed to be Tom Carroll. Pictured here in Georgetown in 1954.

[​IMG]

The ’34 coupe of Major Martin typified the street machines that were entered. His club, the Camwinders of Colorado Springs, was just one of the Colorado Timing Association groups invited.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013