Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Drag Car,.."Bonnie & Clyde", Please help with History !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Hey everybody,... I need some help

A very good friend of mine just bought this old chopped 32 Ford drag car, story we got is it was originally from Illinois, It ran a injected big block Chevy,... well here is a picture (it's a picture of a picture taken with my cell phone),.. I will be posting more pictures in a couple weeks when I get down to see it in person.,.......thanks for any help.
    [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I have nothing to offer but it's awesome.

3. Eightydeuce

Eightydeuce

This same vehicle was for sale at the carlisle, pennsylvania swap meet and was at the jalopyrama in glen burnie, Maryland last year.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I think Harry bought it at Indy, He was going to take it apart and sell it off in pieces,. but really got to like it on the way home,. now he's going to keep it.:)

5. I'm pretty sure that car was on bay too, maybe a year ago or so???

6. the shadow

the shadow

center steer....thats WICKED, I'd scoop something like that up in a heart beat!

7. Just did the google thing...wpsracing.com came up. First photo on the History page shows the '32 on a trailer in front of the original store.
    Time for someone to go googeling !!!!

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks for the tip,..... I will see if I can contact them tomorrow,... anybody else with info ?:)

[​IMG]

9. showrod

showrod

here are some pics from its ebay auction. I liked it so I saved em. plus I
    rember whites pit stop (but not the deuce) good lookin chop! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

I saw it on the bay also and couldnt understand why it didnt go higher .

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Harry bought it because he said the body was in excellent shape, Harry has had a chopped 32 tudor sence 1953, I am looking forward to finding out anything I can about this car,..... thanks for the info guys,.... if anyone has more please keep it coming.

12. i saw it on the bay as well , bitchin car ..

13. Original lettering by legendary Chicago pinstriper, Stits. You can see his "subtle" signature between the door and the rear fenders.

Spoke with Stits about it last winter and he remembers many of the details about the job. He's one of the Chicago BrushMasters, a group of automotive artists who host a charity art auction at the Chicago World of Wheels each January to raise funds to support the families of seriously ill children through the Ronald McDonald House Charities. He's still slingin' paint on a daily basis.

Also curious about the '57 Chev in the left lane - any info?

Looks like the photo might be from Union Grove?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. I have no info about the '57 but I do have this pic. If you look close you can see its the same car.

Attached Files:

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The kid who had the car at Jalopyrama last year made it sound as if he would never sell it and was going to leave it just the way it was...he really liked the airbrush art on the back of the car.....it was neat to see in person

kidcampbell71 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  16. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

I love that sedan:D damm missed that auction?! when was it forsale?

17. Hey Larry,

I wonder if detailed photo's of Kenny's lettering job could be taken after it is cleaned up. That's some early "Stits" work on that Boss ride!! Very historical...

Joel

18. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'd have to leave the body as much "as-is" as possible.

That's real history what this site is about.

19. King Tut

King Tut
    from Chicago

I have pics of CopperHead I took back in the day at a World of Wheels show in Chicago..I saw both these cars race at US 30 Dragstrip in Indiana..Two sweet rides..

...Bruno...

20. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

yea, it was a regular at 30. you should be able to get some info from whites pitstop,there still in business, in lansing ill. i think some of the original guys have passed, but im sure theres info available. pm me if i can help. i used to race there.

21. Harms Way

Harms Way

I just got off the phone with Dave White, the son of Jim White who started "Whites Pit Stop",.. Jim is gone, and he can't remember his Dads partners last name but his first name was Jerry,.... He told me that the track photographer's name is Jerry Trump and he might remember something about the car,... so now I have to track down Jerry Trump. :)

22. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Saw it at the Jalopyrama in Nov. 07 in MD. Awesome car!

23. It would be a crime to do anything but wash it off, put a motor in it and race or drive it!

Maybe rechrome the wheels...

But man, what a neat piece of history.

Sam

24. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

it ran pretty strong in the day. hooked up and gone. the track grounds keeper is still living on the track property,the last time i was there. there was some b/s about the track re opening a little while back, but that was a flop.

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

My coworker Tommy knows the guys who built it. Just rattled off their names... Jerry Kracinski
    and Bob Faron. Says Bob is in Sun City, AZ.

If you have any questions you can call us. 800 424 8741 I'm ext 159 and Tommy is ext 162

EDIT Tommy just came by and talked to me a bit. He knows a little about the car. He worked at White's in the 70s as well as at US 30. He said he talks to Bob once a week or so. I told him to try and get his contact info. Worst case maybe you give me your buddies info and I can pass it along.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  26. Harms Way

Harms Way

Thanks !,..... I will be in touch Saturday or Monday :)

27. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

This freakin board amazes me; all the history for the present owner tossed on the board for him! What a great thread.

I agree with sam; I'd wash it off, drop a motor in it....and drive it to work!

28. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

That is s good find! Did you call the numbers on White's add ?

29. Harms Way

Harms Way

Yep,..... thats how I got a hold of Dave White (Jim White's Son), he didn't have much information, but said he would try to get me in touch with the track photographer Jerry Trump.

30. Glad to see you're getting good info on the history of this very cool sedan. The more I check out the photos, the more I'm confused as to why they ran fenders. As an altered with 25% setback and center steering, adding the extra weight and fighting the non-aerodynamics of the front fenders is a bit of a puzzle to me.
    You should ask Jerry what their thoughts were back in the day.
    If the paint job is savable, then for sure save it. If not, I'd go the the trouble of photographing every little element and doing a complete repaint exactly like the original. Nobody bitched when the Pierson Bros coupe or SoCal belly tank were restored with new paint.