Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Day Of The Drags 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 22, 2007.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Breaking parts is racing, right? Oddly, that's kinda what my wife was telling me instead of vica versa.

It does suck that it was first pass, but I had a blast anyhow. It was great to sit in the stands, sip a cold Shiner Bock, and watch everybody run. Lux and I usually spend the day trying to find another tenth, or half a mph.

I'll post more later, but the rear end is exploded. The gears, both axles, and the housing are pretty much toast. Kaboom...

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

I hate that kaboom sound? sound`s like it`s time for a 9 inch.

3. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Yep. I may go with a 10 or 11 inch, just to be safe.

4. Rusty

Rusty

Jimmy, that was awesome times for a stock Nailhead. Last year I think the best time I got in my 401 nailhead roadster was around a 13.6 something at 99 mph. It was a 401 and bias ply tires though. that whistling I beleive is normal on the nailheads. When i had the open headers on it , it had a funny sound like that too. Made it sound loose to me. Glad to see yall come back to Texas and made it back safely.

Rusty

5. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

It was good to meet you Jimmy I was infront of you in my 31 coupe. Glad you made it back safe.
    Robert

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I love it when someone pipes up telling how slow such and such car is when theirs most likely is safely parked out in the lot or at home on jack stands. For anyone who has never been down a drag strip most would need a change of underwear experiencing their first 13.0 second pass.

Frank

7. I offered the ElCamino if you wanted to make a pass.
    I guess Arlo couldn't take not having a car to work on so he adopted me late in the day and got me another couple tenths.

8. belair

belair

Glad you didn't run that nailhead coupe down the track with that breather resing on back of the block!. That car is rolling sex.

9. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

The fella that owns the (rather random, I know) 64 gto I had been thrashing on for weeks made his first "fast" pass in it that night, and watching him try to reel it in was almost as much fun as talking to him right after.
    poor guy was shakin like a leaf-It was hilarious-first he was giddy, then a little pale, then giddy again-then I told him that he had botched it, and the car has about 2 more seconds in it-and the look of terror and delight in his eyes made the last several weeks worth it.

and the mind numbingly fast pass he made?
    13.70- but I will grant him that the first time you are in a car that yanks the fronts off the ground-even if only by millimeters- your whole view on the day completely changes.:D

10. Von Franco

Von Franco

MAn what a great time at the drags.Meeting a bunck of cool people and
    watching some of the coolest cars ever.
    Casey when did you have time to take picks man every time I saw you were on the track and showing me the win slip lol.
    Jimmy great to see my ol socal bro and see the car on the track and not in a show that car rocks.Oh and Joe Pan is looking for you lol............
    And to all the rest a big thanks for a big time man...............
    Steve,Brian,and the rest of the Kontinentals rule man............................
    Endsville Texas Style .............................

11. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gotta Love it! Great weekend, Great weather, Great friends, and Great cars. Thanks everyone for showing up and thrashing you cars. Jimmy, Kerry and the other long distance guys, we hope it was worth your time....we enjoy seeing you.

Oh Yeah, Kerry....I know you slept well in that tent. Your snoring could be heard a long way! We were beginning to think you were sleeping with a nailhead. ;)

12. I think that was the generator for the camper next to me... yeah that must have been it. ;-)

13. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Thanks everyone for the kind words!! I had such a good time, It was a nice vacation for me. We left Sunday night, spent some time with Mayor of Wellington (Bob Owens) went to Dallas hung with Bass and George. Then made our way to Austin and hung out with Will Muntz. Texas is an amazing place and the people are even better!! I was really happy with the 12.80 and my Buddy Curtis driving the hell out of his car. What a great time!!
    Thanks again everyone
    Jimmy White
    P.s. Franco your ears must be burning, I was just telling Dano How much I enjoyed our converstions we were having!! Good times.
    P.s.s. Joe Pan is my new hero and I dont even know the guy..

14. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

great rapin with you franco! gotta take um from in side the coupe most of the time !:)
    some time`s you can jump out real quick and take one when there cleaning the track.ha.....ha I did not want to go home!

15. krupanut

krupanut

Tell Dano he's gay for not coming with y'all!:D

Sure had fun reminiscing with you and Franco.

Sucked that I got called back to Austin by the man and had to leave Sat. night.

16. 54BOMB

54BOMB

I had a great time both saturday and sunday, I dont even think I shot very many pictures cause I was too busy talking.

17. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

I'll second that. That car ran good and pulled hard. I saw him have to pedal it after the 1/8 because it was getting loose.

I'd like to see what it would run with a tire that is hooking up.