Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sneak Peek: GARAGE #16!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stoner, Sep 14, 2007.

1. 53chevy

53chevy

Looks like Terminator driving Kirk Hammet's Custom. Rolled up windows don't look good when driving, specially in SoCal.

2. slammed

slammed

The cover make's me long for a Slurrpy............one of the best magazine's out there.

3. photofink

photofink

I watched ALL those shows as a kid and Space 1999, Blackbelt Theatre, Elvira's Movie Macabre and all the weird Marty and Krofft crap.......so thats what happened to me

I guess I need to get a subscription...got the first couple of issues then stopped

4. RF

RF

That's definitely a "staged" shot of Cole sitting on the curb...he doesn't eat anything but Tofu these days.

5. photofink

photofink

Soyrizo con papas tacos??

6. Back when I was a little kid on the glacier, my mom caught me ogling some of Uncle Gronk's erotic cave paintings. She told me if I didn't stop, Big Earth Spirit Woman would strike me blind. I said, "okay, I'll just do it until I need witch-doctor eye potion."

That's when she washed out my mouth with mammoth tallow.

7. photofink

photofink

Gronk was good...REALLY good

[​IMG]

8. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

DAN I am completly blown away! This is an outrage! You are on double probation! I can't believe you let the the readers see this "swaztika" logo in our magazine. This must not happen again!

anyhoo...
    Pretty funny that squares still get offended by that?...I don't get it??...I'm still trying to figure out the Nazi/Iraq connection??
    But I have been to Iraq Twice and my SS (special forces,calm down!) friend has an awesome colection of WWII Nazi machine guns that he has "found" in various houses owned by Saddam and Uday.....He even carries a bitchin Lugar as his sidearm.....So? maybe thats the connection?? But wait?? that dude is a badass that is fighting for us?...So we should hate him??....I'm confused now??.....ooooh crap...

some pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Deadender60

Deadender60

I saw him driving the 36 when we were going to shoot it, and man that thing hauls... I even got to see dad Pat drive it... looks better on the road..

Great Picture!

-Juan

10. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Hey that's a neat-o car behind that that girl. What is it?

11. HELLMET

HELLMET

runner wide open .....

12. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

did somebody call me?

13. BriggsBodied28

BriggsBodied28

To me, the key word in your reply...."was." It WAS a symbol with positive connotations. Sorry my friend, but after the symbol was connected with killing MILLIONS you can't go back and undo that connection for nostalgia purposes because you think it's cool. That's no way to show respect.

Fine, call me "square" and tell me I don't get it. Just my 2c and how I feel. I still think the magazine is cool.

14. ...how did they shrink that dude down?
    [​IMG]

15. HMH INC

HMH INC
    from RALEIGH,NC

I guess I hadn't noticed the flag thing, I already knew about it's connotations through history besides how the nazi's stole it and I wasn't alive when my grandfather was fighting them. Regardless, GARAGE is the only magazine that isn't so goddamned predictable and that's why it's the only rag I subscribe to. Thanks Stoner

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

If you think looking at a Nazi flag makes you uncomfortable, try taking a Himmler brand phallus up the patootie.

17. :eek::eek: hahaha

Bryan

18. 53burb

53burb

During World War I, the swastika could even be found on the shoulder patches of the American 45th Division and on the Finnish air force until after World War II.
    "Fine, call me "square" and tell me I don't get it". Sorry, wasn't posting to single any particular one or persons, BriggsBodied28. I am half German and I by far do not agree what has happened in the past in what Hitler was setting out to do. Lets keep the HAMB family a pleasant one!!!! My post was off of a site that tells of the history of symbols, not by me personally. KNUX!

19. RF

RF

Who cares anymore? Seems the only real people who still get offended by any Notsee reference these days are just plain ol' white folks. Shit, look at the colors of this message board (the graphic ones). I'm more offended by seeing semi-nude plumpers covered in tattoos or POS hot rods that should be resting in scrapyards instead of being hailed by ignants.

20. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

That looks more like El Paso in May.

[​IMG]

21. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

What's a semi-nude plumper?

22. Lil' Billy

Lil' Billy
    from Georgia

One of those fatty(everyone's afraid you'll eat them) scene "pinup girls" that are at car shows not wearing enough clothes to cover their fat rolls. I've also seem them called orca betties on here.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh OK, I thought Rob was talking about plumbers for some reason.

24. 53burb

53burb

I'm offended that anyone on here is offended! KNUX!

25. JESSEJAMES

JESSEJAMES

LIFE Magazine is Gangster!! They put that shit on the Cover!!

[​IMG]

26. Oggie

Oggie
    from Nor Cal

Wait, is that "Gangster" or "Gangsta"?

27. That's weird, I say something about a magazine, and it gets closed within 7 posts. This one is 5 pages and still going. I love Garage mag, read it over and over. I could care less about any swastikas, iron crosses, SS symbols, etc. They are part of the biker culture, like it or not. In fact, a lot of the bikers that started using it were veterans of WW2. They did it to piss off the general public. Looks like it still works.

28. photofink

photofink

Surfers in the 60's did the same thing, probably to piss off their parents, Iron Crosses etc.. I saw a surf film from the 60's where a few surfers dressed up completely in Nazi Germany SS uniforms and rode on their backs on skateboards inside a drainage pipe that went from a road way above all the way down to the oultlet by the sand....good stuff

29. Exactly man, and do you think they were nazis?Hell no, just pissin people off, which I personally love to do.

30. I fuckin' hate whiners... Let me tell you something. I asked Car Kulture DeLuxe if I could do a feature article on the old Ramchargers High and Mighty replica that the geezers at Chrysler were building. Since I work at the HQ and am a member of the employee car club I though I would be as good as in.

Well I talked to the man in charge of the car and he said he was interested and wanted to see acopy of the magazine. He took it to the "committee" where they all said no because of the tag line on the cover "This ain't your father's car magazine" or something like that. They went on to say that the magazine is a bit too hard-edged for them and that they were working on letting Hot Rod do a story on the car.

Needless to say, I was crushed... What a bunch of uptight ultraconservative (new word for square) pricks!

Yes... The Hot Rod got the spread like a year later...

Only slighty bitter :)