Register now to get rid of these ads!

The New Little Pages

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 29, 2011.

1. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

mine had a crease also but it was a good mag.

2. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

bought it Tuesday... love it, Took it to a club meeting and they were blown away

3. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

FWIW, 3 on the rack with the car mags at Barnes and nobel in Hadley MA today, all with the crease. None there 2 weeks ago, 2 when I left.......

Like the histories on the feature cars, good stuff. I'll buy the next one out, crease or no crease.

Ed

4. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Support your local print mag so I can stay on the road taking pictures of HotRods

5. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

....oh yea for all the ad haters street chopper was started as a catalog and without it no telling where the industry would be

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

found in local liquor store - no creases-great mag-Thanks

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

As I spend time with it, it strikes me as a cross between Hop Up and Mag-ne-to, both of which I love.

8. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Exactly what I thought when I read it!

EXCELLENT job Rob and Aaron!! It would definately be nice to get some kind of special racking for it in the bigger bookstores, as It got kind of lost with all the other magazines on the shelf.

BTW I picked up the last copy at the local Borders, and it had the crease in the cover too! Seems more like a bindery issue, as it was only the cover.

9. Kenny P

Kenny P

Got it, love it, has the crease too. :)

I spent an hour folding it back and forth, I thought it might be a "Mad Magazine" fold in somehow. :rolleyes:

Neat magazine, I will be looking forward to the next one.

10. elcamino65

elcamino65
    from washington

One of the best car magazines ive bought in a while.

11. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I love it. It reminds me of why I miss Morty's HOP UP so badly. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaase Mort, bring back the HOP UP annuals !!!!!!!!!!

12. I bought all four the grocery store had, an I put away three of 'em. Just looked at mine and none have a crease or anything. But the center page came out of the one we were reading.. oh well, now I have an excuse to hang it up!

13. tjm73

tjm73

I bought one just because I think the little magazines are cool.

Edit: What's the deal withthe crease? Mine has a ridge on the cover. I figured it was just a materials anomaly

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  14. speedwise

speedwise

Love the mag too. We had the crease in Missouri too (I think they will be the ones collectors will be looking for in 50 years....). I had to actually dig for my copy at Barnes and Noble. They were buried behing a bunch of tuner magazines. Well worth digging though. Keep 'em coming.

15. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I need to get my ass to Barnes & Nobles.

16. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

I just picked up my copy at the local SAFEWAY. Wow. Inspiring is all I can say. Just wait now for all the "Little Guys" Making their versions of the "Little Pages". I know it has inspired me to make something of my Photo and journalism passion. I'm not a pro by any means but i have always wanted to make a Magazine even if just one copy for myself.

A way cool mag full of way cool stuff. I would like to see a tech article though. but not how to bolt on the newest independent front suspension. but maybe a "How To" on mounting a steering box in your hot rod. or things of the like.

Way to go Rob Fortier and Aaron Kahan and the rest of the folks involved in this little book of wonder.

17. Found a copy at of all places CVS Pharmacy on Friday and sold it at a parts meet on Sat. cause the buyer said he had never seen one. Now I have to stop by CVS today on the way home and get me another copy. Looked good what I did see.

18. Thanks for the heads-up, Barnes and Noble didn't have any in Wichita, so I bought mine in Ponca City, OK. at Hastings'.
    Great little book, don't understand the noticable vertical crease on every issue that I saw, on the front cover. Bought one for reading and looking, the other one goes in my collection cabinet.
    Thanks again,
    firstnomad

19. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Mine has the crease AND the center page fell out in the first 2 minutes ! Good thing that I bought 2 of them !

20. rumblytruck

rumblytruck

A little hard to find one in Upstate SC but worth the hunt! I didn't find any in Anderson, SC but I got to see that perfect flat black 32 pick up with green wheels on the way into town ( Cover of the Coker catalog, not bad for a daily beater !) Didn't find any in Greenville either, but they had three left at the Barnes and Noble in Spartanburg, SC. All creased covers but not a big deal to me. Great work in my opinion !

21. Got mine today, and am impressed! Since Hop Up has gone away I've had a hole in my life, and if this first issue is any indication of what to expect from R & C's little pages, I'm stoked. I think they've done a fine job picking up the torch of Hop Up's quality in content. I hope they'd do more than an annual though....at least every quarter would be nice. God knows there's plenty of material to make it happen

22. picked mine up the other day... great work and good read. lookin' forward to the next one.

23. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Maybe if it stays an Annual, you guys could ad more content like Hop Up and just increase the ads proportionately if that is what it takes.

24. Still haven't seen any in my neck of the woods...if anyone in Metro Detroit finds some, please PM me or let me know where you find it...I've tried the big-box bookstores, Meijers...no dice. Yet.

25. pick

pick

Ryan rules! Good to read from Jim A. Always thought he WAS one of the REALLY "cools guys" with his slant on traditional stuff @ Goodguys + R&C

26. More customs please!

27. Rebracer

Rebracer

Got mine this weekend, great little book and I love the size. I actually would like all of my regular magazines where that size as they are comfortable to hold. Everyone keeps commenting bou the crease, my copy has it too, not sure what it means.

28. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

man i'm jones'n as a magazine junkie i go to my newsstand to have the kid at the counter tell me that he had a new little car book but he sold all 3 before i could score !! sure hope the mag vender at nats east bring a stock of them ,man i'm getttin cold sweats now sure glad i got the hamb best buzz out there !!!!

29. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Mine spontaneously combusted in my hands and then the middle page fell out.

Just kidding, swell little mag, thank you guys, good job.

30. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

AMEN!!!!! Just spied this at the grocery, and snagged it. I am very very very impressed, love the little format, the weight of the cover and pages, and the antiqued look/coloring of the pages....MORE MORE MORE!!!! I have a new goal, for the roadster to make TRJ, and now the LITTLE PAGES!!!! How often is this being published?