Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tachometers coming out my...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 1, 2007.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

My Spalding Flame thrower called for using the 4cyl scale on the tach/dwell meter. It's really just 2-4cyl systems. You'll need a 4 cyl tach.

2. Gasser57

Gasser57

Not sure if you're still looking for info on your tach, but my dad has the same Sun tach in his 53 Merc. He bought two of them N.O.S. in the box. He has the original transmitter box, instructions and manual. The tach is 6 volt, the year on tach is 1953. Let me know if you're still looking for info and I'll shoot some pics.

3. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Bringing this back to the top, as I talked to a guy in my CC yesterday that has a couple of these, with senders....I'm going to try to get one....
    Anybody have one in their rod in WORKING order???

4. DRD57

DRD57

Here's the one that's filling the hole in my dash. Unfortunately, that's all it does right now.

[​IMG]

5. Gasser57

Gasser57

SinisterCustom, from I was told, there is a battery in them that is no longer being made that you have to have, assuming it is a 6 volt positive ground like the one I mentioned. There are a couple companies out there that that put modern guts in them, that is the plan for the one we have.

6. phat rat

phat rat

AA batteries work also

7. 1shoprat

1shoprat
    from Lodi, CA

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead....

I have the same request as rusty and I would like to know how you guys are hooking up your old 24v gauges to a 12v system?

8. burbanite

burbanite

Why, these things are cool...

Kinda O/T in a way but knowing Ryans interest in race cars I thought I'd throw in a few pics of some older tachs, one makes it in terms of the cutoff year, it's from a a '69 Brabham BT29 here at the shop...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is outside the cutoff year by a few but I thought that the fact it is from Mario Andrettis' F1 Championship winning Lotus 79 that we could let it slide...

And yes, it is actually registering RPM at the time of the first picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

So did anyone figure out were they came from and what year?? My buddy ran across a couple and they are fricken cool!

10. usmile4

usmile4

I found this old thread while looking for some information. I'm trying to find an older tach to hook to my 6 cyl 235 that's not a 10,000 rpm tach. I'm wondering what others are running and what I would need to hook the older tack to my 49 Chevy with 12V running a 235 with HEI.

11. moefuzz

moefuzz

"older tachs" won't usually run with HEI.

Points yes,

Electronics not so good

12. Jalopy Banger

Jalopy Banger
    from Sweden

Ebay is wonderfull. This is what i found there and put into my now sold -30 coupe.
    Not connected together, but it looked great together with the hand gas primer. The sender was for a 4cyl.

Attached Files:

• 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      170.5 KB
      Views:
    • 8.JPG
      8.JPG
      File size:
      121.6 KB
      Views: