Register now to get rid of these ads!

1941 Willys coupe dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Filip Zegers, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Filip Zegers

Filip Zegers
    from Belgium

Hi,

Like most of us, I'm on a budget when building hotrods.
    Have a 1932 fibreglass 3 window (nostalgia) style + fibreglass roadster body that can be swapped on the same chassis :D.

I have this crazy :D:Didea of 'building' another (fibreglass) body on my 1932 chassis. In my country it's quite hard to register a car, so you will understand why...
    This one will either be a traditional hotrod or maybe a taildragger.

I'm considering building a 1941 Willys body on my 1932 chassis.
    Wheelbase of Willys: 104"
    1932 Ford: 106"

This would mean a top chop on the willys body and extending the body +/- 2", which would be great anyway considering the (too) small body of a Willys coupe

**** Now: does anyone (perhaps several sources) know what track width front and rear original 1941 Willys coupes had?
    Or better maybe: what is the width (outside) between front fenders?
    & width (outside) between rear fenders?
    So from outside of left fender to oustide of right fender

Just to see if my current setup of 46" Superbell / 57" rear axle, 5.60 x15 / 8.20x15 Firestones would fit between the fenders?

Or is there somewhere more info to be found on 1941 Willys coupe dimensions - I mean maybe an original workshop drawing of body, chassis with all dimensions height, length, width, track width,...
    This should have existed somewhere in a catalog - or am I wrong?
    In general, any factory info on the Willys coupes would be great if anywhere to be found...

Thanks a lot for any help on this matter!!

Filip

2. xracer40

xracer40

No dimensions but chassis pic may help some.

Attached Files:

3. Filip Zegers

Filip Zegers
    from Belgium

Thanks!

that's indeed the first thing I get to see of it - should be possible to calculate starting from the wheelbase!!

Filip

anyone else?

4. xracer40

xracer40

5. Filip Zegers

Filip Zegers
    from Belgium

:confused::confused:

just rechecking if no one can supply me with at least the following:

1941 Willys coupe:

**** what is the width (outside) between front fenders measured at wheel centerline (front axle)?
    & width (outside) between rear fenders?
    So from outside of left fender to oustide of right fender

as explained, I'd love to build a coupe on a deuce chassis with 46" Superbell in front and '40 Ford brakes on 15 X 5 wheels (5.60-15 Firestone) & 57" rear axle (between wheel mounting flanges) with 15 X 7 wheels (8.20-15 Firestones)

I'm wondering if the wheels would fit in the fenders nicely or if I would need to adapt a lot

(I know there is a difference of 2" as far as the wheelbase is concerned, but that's not the point here)...

Thanks!!

Filip