Register now to get rid of these ads!

Changes coming - possible to do this ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Apr 22, 2014.

1. On a few other forums I'm on they have a "members mark"
    So if your post helps someone or moves the group in a positive way, members can give you a mark. Totally anonymous & There's no negative marks. It's kind of a way for others to show appreciation and distinguish the bullshit from the cream. Sometimes it's really obvious but other times its pretty difficult. I find it very helpful when evaluating opinions.

I think that would be good for us.

What I'd really like to see is a guy stay a FNG until he gets enough members marks instead of 100 "welcome" posts.

2. I honestly don't think we need more thread ratings,totally off topic crap now gets huge ratings where a very postive on topic threads sometimes gets terrible ratings.

There is a change in the works with the new updates,Ryan posted last week.

Fellow member said...

HRP

3. See, thread ratings have negative notations and your nemesis/ nemesiss know this irritates you greatly and gets you all dramafull. Without the negative there's no drama. This isnt there nor would be here for threads, it would be for members and their contribution. These idiots rate classified ads. Ill pm you my thread link and you can rate it 5, its currently got a 3 and I want it higher ok

If there were a "this guy is an asshole" signification, there would be drama and everyone would get one, maybe more :)

4. Since the Hamb is one of the very few sites I visit I guess I don't follow how the other sites work.

As for ratings,I have adjusted my attitude and now think it's funny. HRP

5. Good for you man! It's a lot easier that way right.

6. D-man313

D-man313

Another forum im on has something similar. I like the idea and the way you explained it.

7. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I hope that we can help the newbies without eating their ass a little education on chassis and design and general direction on builds from us old guys would be helpful . I don't want to get to involved in politics but our hobby could use some good ambassadors to help the younger guys . I have read a lot of negative replies and I have seen helpful post . I would like to spread this hobby . We should help when we can . The guys that step up and help those that need it should get points for that . I have seen some great people on here that I would vote for . Just for example saying some ones welds look like shit maybe right but saying if you would grind that metal clean turn up your machine check your polarity make sure the ground clamp is clean might be better or I am in your area I can help if you need it ! Just a thought

8. jesse1980

jesse1980

I think the hamb is fine the way it is.

9. There are other forums? :eek: