Register now to get rid of these ads!

Batmobile sold 4.2 million!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by clean cut creations, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metal man

metal man

Holy schnykies! I knew it would be a huge number, but damn!

2. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Plus $420k in buyer's commission. Yikes.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

WOW! It's an iconic car, but........ WHAM! I bet old George is flippin' a gasket.

There's 2 threads. Two guys posted at the same time. Someones gonna have to delete.:D

4. musta been alot of alcohol in that number

5. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Who was the guy bawling behind George on the podium? My guess is grandson? Sure seemed happy when the thing crested $4M

6. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

I saw the Batmobile at a car show in St. Louis as a kid and thought it was the coolest thing ever. Apparently someone else does too!

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

My thought looking at the auction was that P.T. Barnum's theory has been proved right.

8. j conrad

j conrad

thats a crazy number!!! was it just me or did george seemed a little hammered?haha

9. Well,we have 4.2 threads going now!:D HRP

10. edweird

edweird

yea. he was wound up tight!

11. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I would never have paid more than 3.5 million for it. some people are just crazy.

12. PKap

PKap
    from Alberta

I wonder how much it would cost to restore it back to the futura and lose all the Barris crap. I'm at the auction, some weird numbers on stuff

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

4.2 million... I bet it would cost $20,000 a year to register that in California unless George gives a fake bill of sale for $500.00.

14. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Yeah, I bowed out at 4 mil. 4.2 is just crazy talk. :rolleyes:

15. Harms Way

Harms Way

Once again absolute proof that, "MONEY DON'T COME WITH INSTRUCTIONS"

16. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Holy shit Batman! Ok, there I said it.

17. So True, or "There's an ass for every seat"

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

The interesting thing to me is not so much that someone would spend stupid money on ANY single car, but rather just imagining what sort of "car stuff" could happen for any one person who had that kind of money to spend...

I am thinking about a beautiful property, a house and a fantastic shop. A cool hot rod, a great custom, an early Vette, an Effie shop truck, a vintage race car, a motor home and trailer, a Harley, a boat, motor head vacations and trips for life. All of it and probably new stainless appliances and a kitchen sink too!

Oh to dream...

19. Hard to imagine what I would do with all that cash.....

20. so_dak_kid

so_dak_kid

^^^Well Said!^^^

21. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And just think...4.2 million is only a little bit of his "play" money. Whew.

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

In George's defense, Last year Hot Rod Ron and I had the "double secret, extra big-boy super-duper go anywhere and do anything black lanyard bidder/seller passes", and I tell ya, it was easy as hell to be completely looped on all the free booze they throw at the buyers and sellers! The only funnier thing than the extreme elbow rubbing and heavy freebie drinking that came with passes was the whole gallery of newly divorced middle aged Scottsdale females looking for their next big score that threw themselves at us when they saw the coveted black lanyards! There couldn't have been a full pickup club anywhere in town that Saturday night...

23. firingorder1

firingorder1

Betcha it would'nt be buy the Batmobile.

24. U-235

U-235

The interesting thing to me is not so much that someone would spend stupid money on ANY single car, but rather just imagining what sort of "car stuff" could happen for any one person who had that kind of money to spend...

I am thinking about a beautiful property, a house and a fantastic shop. A cool hot rod, a great custom, an early Vette, an Effie shop truck, a vintage race car, a motor home and trailer, a Harley, a boat, motor head vacations and trips for life. All of it and probably new stainless appliances and a kitchen sink too!

Oh to dream...
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

I'm thinkin he's probally got all that aready and just needed the Batmobile to be complete....

25. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, to begin with, it would now probably take about $4.5 million just to get the car plus likely another $100k-$150k or so of materials and labor. But why one would do that to end up with a $300k car is a bit difficult to understand. Not to even mention destroying THE Batmobile in the process.

26. It's all relative to income.
    There are people earning that in less than a year.
    For me, it's 10 lifetimes earnings.:eek:

27. Deuces

Deuces

Ever heard that song from the "TUBES"
    "What do want from life"????...:rolleyes:

28. dad-bud

dad-bud

I say good luck to George and to the guy who bought it. It's a good news story.
    It means the high rollers are pulling out their change from under the bed and laying it down for things they want, but don't need. How can that be bad?

Oh yeah, BTW, Kapowie, Zap, Kabooom
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.