Register now to get rid of these ads!

responding to any thread..

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by rockin rebel, Mar 14, 2014.

1. still can not comunicate with any thread, as everybody does.??????????? it say I do not have permission,:confused: to talk to people.????????????????

2. Any thread, or just classifieds? No one can reply to classifieds. If I don't hear back from you I'll assume all threads... :D

3. Your post showed up just fine here, which means you are trying to reply to a classified ad which is not allowed. Send them a P.M.

4. it is not classified, I know about that... but how does a thread get 3590 responses and I can not do 1

5. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

You just responded to this thread....hows that?

6. silent rick

silent rick

you started this thread and responded to it just fine.

http:www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=869134

here's a thread someone else started that you responded to without a problem

http:www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=854664

do you know what you're doing wrong the other times? i guess you're trying to respond to a thread in the classifieds. you need to start reading the rules contained in the stickies at the top of each section.

also, there are threads that have been archived. those threads started in a regular forum where everyone is allowed to participate. once they are archived, nobody can post on them unless a moderator considers the info useful, then they temporarily unlock the thread to allow more posts. perhaps that is where you are seeing other posts, but where you are now having a problem.

i guess you may also be trying to respond to a thread that has been locked or "closed" by a moderator. sometimes a thread generates alot of drama. when you go to add to it, you find you can't because a moderator beat you to it and closed it before you can respond.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Are you in the tech archives? Art archives?