Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical CHASSIS, SO-What Truck....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 41sled, Nov 13, 2003.

1. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

Any one have more pics of this???

Attached Files:

2. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

one more...

Attached Files:

3. What color do you want it in?

Attached Files:

4. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

Let me guess, thats your truck?? More pics please... I fell in love with that truck about 3-4 years ago at york.... it was flat black at the time with out the lettering.... Thats the reason why i have a 51 truck laying in my backyard [​IMG] Just gotta get the strenght to start another project....

NICE ROD by the way [​IMG]

5. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

heres a oldy..

Attached Files:

6. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

These yours too?? these were at at york along with your truck

Attached Files:

7. The truck on the left in the bottom pic is Mikey's. It is the on with the big white scallops in your second pic. The other truck is John's and it now has flames. We all hang together and the "SoWhat Speed Shop" is sorta our club (just a bunch of idiots)
    Oh yeh that's my truck. I've had it about 13 years now and logged over 150,000 miles on it. I used to change the primer every other year. It's due for a change.
    Here it is with flames.
    Clark

Attached Files:

8. Here's John's truck

Attached Files:

9. 41sled

41sled
    from Orange, CA

Thats F***N awesome.... I knew you guys had to be a club or something...Ah i love your truck man... Have a 5 year old photo on my mirror in my room for inspriation...Thanks for the pictures... [​IMG]

10. When you start on it and you have queastions feel free to e mail me. All three trucks are on S-10 frames and it's not hard to do.
    Clark

11. lulabelle

lulabelle

I love em all,but Johns top-windshield-sucicide door combo is better than chrome boobs!Why did I sell my 48 again????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Do chrome boobs jigle?????? [​IMG]
    Clark

13. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

Hey SO-WHAT,
    I'm starting a '50 chevy project and have been contemplating whether to go '75 Chevy front suspension bolt on or s-10 frame swap. (posted 10/22/03)

You posted the pic of your black truck with flames and I kept it for inspiration. Now I'm keeping these.

How complicated is this process? Is there a lot of modifications required? I was reffered to a us body source page where they used a 1985 long wheel base s-10 and didn't seem too complicating. What did you guys use?
    http://www.usbodysource.com/install%2047%20chevy.htm

Sorry I butted in with a million questions, but I'm about cutup the '75 and I'm afraid its not gonna look as cool as the SO-WHAT guy's trucks. [​IMG]

Thanks,TD

14. those olds headlights on the purple version kick ass. and johns truck has some serious attitude.

15. 46mopar

46mopar

[ QUOTE ]
    Do chrome boobs jigle?????? [​IMG]
    No but they would be very noisy.

16. [ QUOTE ]
    How complicated is this process

[/ QUOTE ] Maybe SoWhat can do an S10 body swap how to post for the TechOmatic.

17. TexasDeuce

TexasDeuce

A Brilliant Idea. I do say!!!

TD

18. Wow! Just goes to show ya the power of the Internet and a positive presentation.

Ever since I've been following the board, I've always thought that the SO-What trucks were shop trucks and customer builds for a real Custom shop in Pa.

So instead of your rides being built by a cool, professional, and positive image Custom shop, It's a cool professional, and positive image group of like minded friends that fields these hotrods. That is awesome, you guys rock!

I love your trucks and what you guys do to them.

No shit, I thought you guys were part of some Street Rod building business. [​IMG]

Hope to meet youse guys in the future. [​IMG]

19. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]

Hope to meet youse guys in the future. [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

........he didn't tell you that they're all GAY! (but that's alright, they treat me real nice...... [​IMG]

20. Skatefink.....you just want in this big lovefest don't you [​IMG]
    I'v explained we do the trucks many a time but never had pictures. I'll have to get some pics and do a how to. Just give me some time. It is easy but there is a few tricks to make it look right.
    Clark

21. I checked out the US body thing. They really don't give the details. They are right the long wheelbase truck is the best choice. The rear axle is about 2inches back from the original. John's truck uses the S-10 gas tank, gas lines, brake lines and master cylinder. We did change the rear over to a Camaro rear. The hardest part is figuring the radiator and front sheet metal mounts. If you do a subframe you have the same problem.
    Clark

22. motor mikey

motor mikey
    from hanover pa

I think the purple truck is very, how do you say it, um gay. The one with the unchopped top is a trend setter. I don't need no stinking chop

23. 41ChevyTrucker

41ChevyTrucker

damn all nice trucks! John's chop is on target, best looking AD chop I have ever seen. I really liked those white rigs you guys did in that Deluxe mag too.

cheers

24. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Clark, John's truck looks different at the rear axle.. bed area. Did he move the rear axle back some along with the fenders? Or is it just a shortened bed at the rear behind the fenders?

25. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I am finishing up a S 10/ 50 Chevy frame swap. If you have specific questions, I will help.

26. KCMongo

KCMongo
    from KC

Just was given a 91 SWB S10 and was considering doing a V8 Swap to it and then putting a 47' Truck I got sitting out behind the barn on it. Would be interested to hear what you did, for a Tech-O-Matic even without pictures. I was planning on shortening the bed on the truck I have up in front of the rear fenders to account for the SWB. My 53' is pretty much all traditional except for some stuff the PO did and the electrical system. I love my I6 but think one of these trucks would be fun to have with a smallblock. I have a 305/350 combo in the barn I'm planning on using for it..

O' here's my 53'...
    [​IMG]
    And the old lady..
    Mongo

27. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Mongo, I think your wife's running gear and engine doesn't need a retrofit. Nice looking Chevy too by the way [​IMG]

28. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

[ QUOTE ]
    Skatefink.....you just want in this big lovefest don't you [​IMG]
    Clark

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are so much fun you can grease me up and put me in the middle!! How's THAT for "traditional??" [​IMG]

29. lulabelle

lulabelle

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Skatefink.....you just want in this big lovefest don't you [​IMG]
    Clark

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are so much fun you can grease me up and put me in the middle!! How's THAT for "traditional??" [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

30. Besides that side shot of John's truck, this is my favorite pic of a So-What truck.

Attached Files: