Register now to get rid of these ads!

iTrader or Equivalent?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by patmanta, Mar 18, 2014.

1. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I haven't really seen much in the way of mention of this here on the HAMB, but I know some other forums use iTrader as a feedback tool for transactions done through their Classifieds section.

With as many listings as there are on the HAMB, I think something like this could be a benefit to the community. I think it's a vBulletin application as well.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=232044

2. As Ryan has said many times the classifieds are offered as a service.

I would think that if a member does his homework ahead of time before giving someone your money there would be less problems.

For every bad deal there a probably hundreds ,if not thousands that go smoothly.

Being a Alliance Member like yourself and doing business with other Alliance Members helps ensure a safe transaction. HRP

3. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I am well aware of that. iTrader is just a tool used on vbulletin powered forums to aid in such research, particularly in cases of guys that are not Alliance members or don't post often.

4. silent rick

silent rick

the hamb won't be vbulletin much longer

5. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The HAMB is not responsible for any classified transactions.

Ryan has the classifieds as a courtesy and the HAMB is and never will be a classified focus website.

Do your home work first.
    Not all deals go 100% smooth for both buyers and sellers.

While we try to help if there are deal issues - ultimately you are at your own risk.

I can tell you this much....if a guy is new - has no posts and gives you a sob story about a dormant Paypal account and wants you to use a Western Union Money order or Money gram - ITS A SCAM.

Do your homework - look at history - regular user etc etc...........

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  6. 117harv

117harv

I have sold some stuff, but I am here for the forum. I see there are quite a few here just to sell, some have a couple hundred posts or more, all adds and BTT'????

7. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Yes and if they aren't a Alliance member - they will eventually be banned.

All take and no give doesn't last forever..

8. HomeBrewedVW

HomeBrewedVW

So I can't join and just sell? Damn! Just kidding! I joined to see what the hell my dad (117harv) was always glued to the computer for! Pretty cool forum! I've read a lot! Learned a lot!

9. Welcome ,I'm sure you have been warned about posting VW's.

Truth of the matter there are some VW guys here but they just don't post photos. HRP

10. HomeBrewedVW

HomeBrewedVW

I have not posted a vw never been warned about posting vw stuff, I'm not here for vws, that's my username on every forum I'm a part of, thanks for the welcome, obviously my dad will vouch about the hotrod blood in my veins.

11. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

I'm not inferring that the HAMB should shift focus by asking about this, nor am I asking for guidance on how to navigate dealings. I am merely suggesting that there is a tool for forums that adds seller/buyer rating functionality, for to do research.

On other forums that use it, I see it used as a feedback tool, nothing more. It's just an extra feature to track and rate transactions done through a forum. I mention it since it is something I have used but haven't seen mention of here despite the large volume of post traffic in the Classifieds.

I suppose in a nutshell it's an alternative to just posting that someone ripped you off or gave you a bad deal in a post or in your sig file.

I just thought it could be helpful.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Thanks for your suggestion.......

The procedure is if a buyer or seller did not live up to their end of the deal,
    either the not satisfied buyer or seller make contact with a Moderator before posting anything about it.

Mods try to find out both sides to the story......... and get to a resolution.

We can't guarantee anything but if someone is a deadbeat - they get banned.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  13. using common sense is best way to avoid getting ripped off.