Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grab A Gear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 28, 2009.

1. How about LSRU09 in Austin?

2. Ryan, I'm going to go out on a limb and ask that you reconsider
    commissioning some HAMB (with the 4 speed logo) knobs, as the design was great years ago when it was created, and now there's a perfect opportunity to both implement the idea, and create something that 'fits' the HAMB, with an opportunity to rekindle some running expenses.

Even in a limited number (priced accordingly), I think they would sell, and effectively be similar in stature as the early HAMB safety stars...

Your call, and respect accordingly, but I see it as a great opportunity without 'selling-ones-soul'.

Cheers,

Drewfus

3. poorboy

poorboy

pretty sweet deal!

4. Von Franco

Von Franco

Cool man my car needs a new nob................

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yea. THAT would rule. no offence, but the new logos, while cool arent the shift logo. i'd buy one. look awesome on just about anything... even a shift handle :cool:

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

"Enhanced Member"

7. JeffroTech

JeffroTech

Great looking knobs! Give's me some ideas...

8. Leave it to Chuck to comment on a glass knob for the enhanced member.:eek:

These look pretty cool.

9. mtlcutter

mtlcutter

DAMNITT!!!!!!! I want one of those HAMB knobs. NO! not yours pervs. My knob sucks now. Nice work really like the goods.

10. 50lincolnsport

50lincolnsport

Hey guys I am a torchworker , and I have talked with chris many of times. Now that my shop is up a running again I am hopefully going be sending some designs out to Chris got some idea's. Pin-ups and all kind's of crazy stuff. I also make kustom art , and i did two of the trophies for the midnight mass 2008. If you want something custom hit them up, they can do or find somebody who can do anything you want. anything , I have been working with glass for 12 years now and have seen some insane stuff done in the industry. I will be at autorama in sac next weekend and am hoping to get some glass done and on display there.

DICHROME RULES !!!!!!

11. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

hmm...I've got a few ideas! I wonder how much the custom ones start out at? something with about the same amount of detail work as the HAMB/Jalopy Journal ones.

12. Ok, glad you guys dig the goods. I see you have a bunch of questions so I'll try to answer them for you.

Terry- Yes, I can see collecting them. In fact I have cases and cases of them; and lots o shelves lined with them. I've been collecting them for 6 years. I think you should start your collection today!

Salty- Yes glass shift knobs. Borosilicate glass, same stuff cookware is made of, and the same glass used in laboratories and satellites shot out into space. Extremely durable!

Bigcheese327- Yes they are more slippery than a plastic knob But definitely kooler than a one of a million plastic knob you see on a bunch of other rides. Plus we can always sandblast some grippers in it for you. Dig?

Scrap Iron- Send me some info, I might be able to make it.

Drewfus- Sounds like a great idea to me, but we just twist up the glass. Marketing is on Ryan. Who's got this logo? Send me a copy, I'll make a sample.

50Lincolnsport- Thanks for the props. I always dig a man who understands where this is all going. I'm still waiting on some samples. Get 'em out, I'll get some holes in them and get 'em on the site. You can start representin my man! Cant wait to see 'em!

Kaydub- Kustom one off knobs are $80.00 quantity orders can receive a deeper discount. We list them at $160.00 on Dichrome.com

Don't forget that we have 17 different size inserts so whether you have a domestic thread pitch or metric our knobs will fit your ride. Without that janky set screw crap! Any other questions, send me a PM. I'll get you squared away!:cool:

Attached Files:

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

BTT one more time for explanations...

R-

14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

I have an old green glass shift knob on my bike, stole it from my wifes door knob collection. it has past the test of time as well as my hammering ! ! over 100 years old

15. I will be in contact with you as I have an idea for my shift knob

also here is the flyer for the LSRU09
    http://www.lonestarroundup.com/

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

those are just damn cool!!!! id love to have one with the old shift hamb logo, but it would look kinna silly in my auto controlled coupe!!! but id still buy one if there ever made available