Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures The Dodge Texan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks Ryan, But what I really want to see is all those Texas gals with that tattoo! Great stuff. I’ll get down there one day. Slim

3. That Texan logo would be a cool T-shirt/Tattoo for the Texas mopar guys.

4. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Ahhh, Texas. The state that thinks it is a country.
    It is hard to explain to people how Texans feel. The closest I have come is to explain how people from California and a few other states have a real arrogance about being from there, and Texans have pride.

Someone once told me
    "you never ask a man where he is from, if he is from Texas he will tell you and if he is not you do not want to embarass him"

5. Ryan ... cool Advert ... thanks for posting it pardner ... and as for that song, I think they got the lyrics wrong ... I always heard it was "you can tell a man from Texas ... but you can't tell him much!" ... :D

HAMBer StillOutThere snapped some pics of a 1956 Dodge Texan in Fredericksburg, Texas ... during the Central (Austin) Texas Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America's "56th Annual Texas Tour" ... at the time these pics were taken (May '09), the car was owned by Red Brogden of Midland, Texas:

'56 Dodge Texan - 1.jpg '56 Dodge Texan - 2.jpg '56 Dodge Texan - 3.jpg
    '56 Dodge Texan - 4.jpg '56 Dodge Texan - 5.jpg '56 Dodge Texan - 6.jpg
    '56 Dodge Texan - Engine.jpg '56 Dodge Texan - Board.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  6. The ad is for a 1956 Dodge Texan. The female car to this package was the Dodge LaFemme. I do know a guy in Nevada who has one of each, both restored. As far as I know, he is the only guy in the US that does.

7. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

8. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

YOU'RE FROM TEXAS (C. Walker)
    as recorded by Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys (1946)

Pardon me stranger I hope there's no danger
    You'll think I'm getting off of my range
    Oh but I calculate that you're from my state
    And though it might sound strange

I allow as how you're from Texas
    You speak the lingo that I understand
    I'll bet my kale that you hail from Texas
    There's no mistaking the brand

You've got a smile like an acre of sunflowers
    And your eyes are blue bonnet blue
    Shake hands, its grand that you're from Texas
    Cause I'm from Texas too!

9. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Cool video...I don't get the "Texas Pride" thing either :rolleyes:

10. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I love that song...

11. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

I,m a yank angry hell no ,enveious yes you guys got it all and after these winters we,re reddy to hot rod, you guys have it all good tunes cool car and GREAT people thanks ryan

12. rjgideon

rjgideon

Hey, I wear mopar shirts. I'm a Yankee, too.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  13. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

Damn Yankees haha - If you have to explain.....

14. JD's 32

JD's 32
    from TX

That will teach'm!

15. Larry T

Larry T

Yea, Ray Wylie Hubbard has a song about Texas too----and he wasn't even born here. I guess he got here as quick as he could though.
    And (to kinda keep things on topic) there have bee a LOT of Texas Edition cars and pickups. I guess the first one I really remember was the 1967 Texas Edition Mustang. It was painted Bluebonnet Blue.
    Larry T

16. There must be a thousand songs about Texas. For some reason, they don't mention fire ants, bag worms or humidity.

17. Larry T

Larry T

Not many about tornados, drought, floods, wind (all in the same week). Not many about sand, cactus, rattlesnakes, scorpions,..........................either.
    Man I LOVE it here.
    Larry T

18. Larry T

Larry T

Did I mention they are the BIGGEST tornados, droughts, floods and the BADDEST rattlesnakes, scorpions, etc?? LOL

19. My great uncle bought a Dodge Texan new in '56 and still had it in the late 60's. Don't know what happened to it. He died in the 70's.

I worked in Houston in the early 90's with a man that had one for a daily driver. It was pink, black, and white 3-tone.

20. Nothing better than Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys!!!

21. 61TBird

61TBird

Fixed it for you...:rolleyes:
    I have an F150 King Ranch,so I have "Texas Pride" by proxy.:D:D:D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QltlctqfY4E&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QltlctqfY4E&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

22. borndead327

borndead327

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'll admit the boys from Texas are some of the most handsome and polite in the country BUT.........

Are you envious of their massive heat and humidity in the summer? :rolleyes:

I still have a scare on my ankle where I got bit by a fire ant at the Day of the Drags in Texas in 2007!:(

Plus the fact I think the male popo in Texas are gay as Megan's very short skirt AND massive clevage couldn't get us outta a speeding ticket on Sunday night.:rolleyes: :D Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. ;)

All kidding aside, I LOVE visiting Texas in the spring and fall AND my Texas pals are some of my most favorite pals in the whole world.

24. No self-respecting Texan would drive a "pink" car ... that '56 Dodge color was called "Oriental Coral". :)

25. Lucky77

Lucky77

Haha, I've always likened MOPAR guys to European soccer hooligans. Insane, unhinged, and loyal to the point of religous zealotry. But in a good way. Nothing wrong with being proud of what you rep.

Other than the the Airport in Dallas I've never been to Texas but somehow figure I'll end up there someday.

26. I enjoy my visits to Texas. Some Texans are too much fun to tease...

27. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Thank you 61TBIRD, I do miss the mexican food in Cali though.

I know there have been a few Texas only models like the F150 pick ups that were a badge package like the King ranch, and I remember the California special mustangs... but have there been other state specific models of other cars?

28. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

On Thursday before the Round Up I was showing some visitors from Virginia our Texas hospitality and this subject came up.

I just told 'em "It's hard not to be self centered when the world revolves around Texas!"

They'll be back. :)

Dave, it was great meeting you and the Mrs. Please do come back! I'll make up more wings.

29. I can guarantee a great parking spot for that fella from Fredericksburg in next years Lonestar Round Up if he brings out the Texan. Too cool...