Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical edelbrock linkage issues

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by verde742, Mar 19, 2014.

1. verde742

verde742

Anybody suggest someone in Phoenix area that will correct my Edelbrock linkage on my Ford engine. name? number? address?:confused::confused:

thanks.:rolleyes:

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Need more info. Two fours, trips ? What is going on ?

Don

3. verde742

verde742

Single four barrel, Just bot vehicle, has Edelbrock intake, manifold, carb. Opens just a short stroke then engages, passing gear linkage almost immediately. I just want instant gratification. To old and don't want to learn, just want to get in and drive to Mayo Clinic.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Yeah, I wondered why you weren't just going to attempt to adjust it yourself. That linkage isn't very difficult to dial in and it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to do it. But I see your point. Hope you find a shop out there to fix it for you.

But if you DO decide to try it, a 4 barrel setup is the most basic one so you will get lots of help on here. Maybe post some pictures of what you have.

Don

5. aaggie

aaggie

Any mechanic should be able to adjust your linkage. Let's say it is a GM product with a 700R4 trans. The TV cable needs an adapter bracket for the Edelbrock carb, if the previous owner didn't install the bracket you will never get it to work correctly.

6. verde742

verde742

Don, appreciate your response, another issue. I have not learned to post on here, even tho I have tried. At this point in life & I have relocated, or out lived my support system, and not looked for or stumbled onto new friends with knowledge of my interest. the H A M B, is close. Hope-ing to find drawing of proper linkage. Or a shop willing to offer services.

7. verde742

verde742

Its not Chev, Its Ford.

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Give me some more info,what Ford engine? what is it in? what transmission? Maybe you can set it up like mine? If you could post a picture showing the Carb and the linkage you have that would help.

9. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

There are more than a few Hambers in the Gilbert area. Try posting with "need help in the Gilbert area" or something like that. Might get you a faster response.