Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 54 chevy question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LAKustoms, Mar 17, 2014.

1. LAKustoms

LAKustoms

Do all 54 chevys have chrome ribbed box glovebox and center insert sections? If some have plain steel I would like to trade mine or purchase some plain units.

2. R Pope

R Pope

I have had lots of '54's, and they all had chrome grille-like dashes.

3. Listen too the Pope he is correct.

4. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

This is not true. I have a 54 chevy 150 parts car with no chrome ribbing. And it has a radio delete panel as well

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

there is 3 plain gloveboxes on ebay right now.

6. J53

J53
    from WI

1953 150 as well, same dash

7. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I had to look for a pic, had never seen one of those before. But i take it that all 150s still had the speaker grille?
    [​IMG]

8. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I made this fiberglass gauge panel to replace the stock cluster in my 54. It fits the original hole in the dash but is just enough larger that I could place the smaller gauges in a row. I have also built matching panels out of fiberglass for the center section of the dash and a glove box door. This was done so that the painted gauge cluster would not look out of place beside the chrome speaker grille and glove box door. They are nearly done but not finished and I am not happy with them. I did not know that there was an original plain glove box door. I am curious if there is a plane dash center section that would match the plain door. I would rather use the original plain panels than the two that I made. I hope someone knows the answer.

John

Attached Files:

9. J53

J53
    from WI

All of the 150's were like 54fierro's picture. The difference between the speaker grille's is the 150 did not have the flip down ashtray in it like the other models did but overall the grilles were the same size. There was no plain, flat, sheetmetal center section to match the plain glove box door the 150's had.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. What J53 said.
    Later,
    Dick

11. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I thought it would probably work out that way. I will refine the fiberglass pieces I made until I get what I want.

On a related note. I am using the 150 style glass seal for the front and back glass without the stainless trim. I had to fabricate a piece for each end of the top of the rear window to fill in the area that makes a 90 degree corner so that the seal will work on my 210 car. It seems the cheaper car had this rounded corner. I wondered why they did not make the rubber seal with the 90 corner instead of changing the shape on the cheaper 150 series car. The factory does odd things sometimes.

John