Register now to get rid of these ads!

Research Question.....Tijuana Historical Spots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Ace, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Good morning,
    I would like to ask if there might be any members who may have any photo reference or even visited the historical tourist spots The Blue Fox and the Green Note during their heyday/existence....
    This would be for an illustration I am currently researching.

Since I've heard that some hot rodders used to travel there just for the burgers, I'm assuming the eating was good....

Thanks in advance,

Johnny "Happy Meal" Ace

2. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

Anyone?

3. scarylarry

scarylarry

I've eaten a lot of burgers...does that help?

4. I was in The Blue Fox in 1966. I think that was before the main street of TJ was paved.
    I had a decal from there that had a fox with his tongue hanging out.

5. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

The kind served there, ol' buddy?

6. ronlee26

ronlee26

I visited the Blue Fox in the mid 60's, just before I went in the service. I believe the Blue Fox, the Green Note and the Gold (something) were all names for the same place. The authorities would periodically close the place and it would open soon after under one of the other names. It had a big horseshoe shaped stage where the cuisine was presented. Tacos rather than burgers were preferred. I drank a few beers there, but never dined. I went home with a decal for my car - "Eat At The Blue Fox, Fine Cuisine, Tijuana, B.C." I did notice that it seemed to be a favorite eating place for U.S. Military personnel. I don't know what they went home with.

7. Don't forget the Jockey Club....they would take a pitcher off a table that still had a little bit of beer in it and pour that into another pitcher (pitchUr?) that was being sold to somebody! At least you got a clean pitchur! Spent alot of time in T.J. when I was going to RM B school in SDiego! in the 63-64 era! Memories, mamories, memories! Another good, clean bar was the Hidelburg,,,,,in Mexico? lolololol