Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Love my Diamondback II's!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Woodbilly, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Woodbilly

Woodbilly
    from Missouri

Hey guys,

I did alot of searching here and on a few other forums, as well as just online, before purchasing my new white walls. I read many reviews about Coker/ American Classic's yellowing and or crazing/ cracking, so I decided to bite the bullet and go with Diamondback's DBII 1.6" white walls.
    I just wanted to post here, for others, that the customer service was stellar and I am very pleased with the tires.
    They are Toyo brand 235/ 75R15's with 1.6" ww and had zero issues with mount or balancing at the tire shop. I got the 4yr. extended road hazard warranty for an extra $30 total.
    I mounted them on a set of 15" 1976 Lincoln Mark IV forged aluminum deep dish wheels. I was unsure of how the entire package would look on my 1963 Lincoln, but after putting them on, I am stoked. Custom look, yet still classy and I personally think they still retain a look of originality.
    Anyways, I just want to compliment DB Tires and salesman, Richard, for their service and quality of product. If anyone is looking for WW's or plain tires, I wouldn't think twice about using DB Tires. They are more expensive than Coker ($1088 shipped vs. $660 shipped), but you know what they say, you get what you pay for.
    Cheers, Woodbilly.

Attached Files:

2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm with you - DiamondBack all the way.

I'm going out to my shop right after I peruse the rest of today's posts and change them on my '37 Chevy. The one's I'm replacing were also DB's, but they're 12 years old and I do a lot of Interstate driving at 65-75mph, so I wanted to get a fresh set for safety's sake. I never had a problem with the old ones in the 12 years I've run them. Great tires!

3. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

also a fan of diamondbacks--had on 4 40's so far--no issues

4. If you want radial tires I guess the diamond backs work. HRP

5. I have that same tire on my '56 Ford. I love them. The ride is awesome from the radial.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Love Diamond Back tires. I've had 4 sets on different cars I've owned in 10 years. They do stand behind them. Ask me and I'll explain.

7. robertsregal

robertsregal

we are happy with ours on our 57, drive awesome!

8. D-man313

D-man313

I love my diamondbacks.

9. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I think for me at almost double the price, I would have went with coker. As much tire smoking I do the tires would only last a couple of years anyway, so the white walls would never get a chance to yellow.

10. Woodbilly

Woodbilly
    from Missouri

Ha! Yes, if I was gonna smoke 'em, I would have went with the Coker's, but the ole' Lincoln ain't much of a smoker. lol

11. D-man313

D-man313

This is why I have burnout spares. Best of both worlds!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. I have diamond back redlines on an off topic ride. Great people to deal with.