Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who makes these center caps? Beautiful!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by injectedA, Feb 20, 2008.

1. injectedA

injectedA

or the bullets with the tri-throws. (don’t know what to call them?)

When I saw the first pic below (red wheels) of these on here I thought f’n A, this dude made himself a beautiful set of center caps, the trim rings, the color. ART!!! Then I found another set, the second pic, and realized they attached them to their own center caps for style. They rule!!! So. Who makes these bullets?

Attached Files:

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I have no idea who makes them, but you're right- They're beautiful!

3. injectedA

injectedA

I should have just pm'd you Steve...wheel guru. And thanks!!! Since seeing that first pic and wanting to go WW's with this wagon I have thought hell yeah! that's what I need to do, make my own like those. And so I am, just different :)

4. noboD

noboD

Aren't the pickup caps from a '63 Riv? The spiders are cool.

5. injectedA

injectedA

I initially thought that in the first pic (red wheels) the guy attached bullets to rally caps, note the double ribs. But what were the spiders made from? barstool legs? a light fixture? wtf? and then the how the hell were they attached? the bullets drilled and the legs drilled and tapped? I mean they have to be solid. Can’t have spider legs from hell flailing about on your wheel or worse attacking and impaling folks along the roadway.

6. Bear Metal Kustoms

Bear Metal Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

I made a buddy of mine caps just like the red wheel ones... He brought me the flipper part(from mooneyes) and I chucked up a stainless police style cap(same as the pic) into the lathe and center drilled it.. The flipper is tapped with a bolt in the back and then just bolts through.. I can make these if anybody wants em..Jason

Caps are part #1140(I sell em) http://www.earlywheel.com/hubcaps.html

flipper is here...
    https://www.mooneyesusa.com/Store/p...d=832&osCsid=ed15c65cf72288f3846b662827c9f71b

7. Section 8

Section 8
    from AZ

There's something like that in the Mooneyes catalog.

8. injectedA

injectedA

I am going with this...not these bullets, they’re not the right shape. I have like 30 of these kitchen cabinet door handles I can cut up, yes, door handles. And ever since seeing that photo the thought has been there. They can be tapped into the cap and held solid by tolerance drilling the bullet. I am still working it because the thing about those in the pic is how they attack the paint, or float so nicely past the cap. hmmmm

Attached Files:

9. I'm resurrecting this thread, I need one of these spider caps, originally built by Wheels of Steel in Visalia, CA. One of mine was stolen after running these for a decade. I've found similar Polara style pieces, but they don't have the WoS center nut to attach them in the same way. Anyone have any leads. Mooneyes doesn't stock them any longer either.

Attached Files: