Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Orthodontic Office

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drdave, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... This is so headed for a Garage Journal feature... Even if it's not a garage.

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

[​IMG]
    Thought I was stoppin' by Krispy Kreme, but it turned out to be an orthodontic office!
    [​IMG]
    The movie poster at the "theater." Way Kool!

3. gonmad

gonmad

Amazing Dave!! I wish it wasn't so far, cause I need gum surgery ASAP!!

4. cavemag

cavemag

Coolest dentist ever.

5. Hey Dave this is incredible. Remember me? General dentist in Chicago area, we spoke a while back about your yearly trips here around the holidays...this is gonna make me hate stepping into my office tomorrow!

By the way, ever have any patients with the last name Dather? My wife has a few cousins in Conway.

6. Racrdad

Racrdad

Oh man!!! This is just the most incredible office I have even seen. Just nearly unbelieveable!!

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Dave that is absolutely stunning! If I ever get out that way I want a tour.

8. Thanks guys, again, for all the positive words. That means a lot from the crowd that gets it, you know? I texted a good friend a pic of the caddy desk the other day after we unmasked it and he was stoked. He asked me, though, how many people I thought would get it. I told him 6, and they are not the folks that come by the office everyday....well, except for Duncan, as evidenced by his pic above with his Nomad parked up against my Merc. :) Funny story about that picture, though: the staff calls back to say Duncan is here, as is common. This time though, he doesn't stop in to say hello....pulls up, takes the pic and leaves. I laugh about that everytime I see that picture.

Ryan, that will be way cool to be a feature....my first one ever. I can't build a car nice enough (or fast enough) to make a feature. Probably help if I would actually finish one. LOL.

Hey dragdoc, how you doing? Actually, I do have a patient with that name. Small world!

9. etboy97

etboy97

Amazing. I just showed this to my 14 year old son and he now does not want to go back to his ortho.

10. Dave ask the Dather kid if they have relatives in Northwest Iowa, SE South Dakota and SW Minnesota. We hung out with them on Lake Ouchita in june of 2009. Wife's maiden name is Heitritter.

Still come here around Xmas? Maybe we could meet up!

11. Dave, great story and execution of your dream. One of the most creative, fun and colorful offices I've seen, in a field where sameness, stale, and "sterile" seem to rule. Very well done and thanks for sharing it with us. I showed it to two of my daughters who work in dental offices and they both said "how cool it would be to work in that office". Keith

12. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

so what you're saying is I need to move to Arkansas and punch myself in the mouth a bunch of times???

Awesome. Simply awesome.

13. Zeke

Zeke

x2:D

14. do you do dentistry work over the internet?

HAMB alliance discount?

??? what else are ya looking for seems you have it figgered out?

is that gas pump your nitrous dispenser?

bubba teeth never had it so good

when is the franchise 's going up for sale?

hmm? only car -50's life magazines / hamb internet in waiting room?

i also believe the nurse/assistants should be shown be fore i commit to the drive for a cleaning

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  15. AdrianS

AdrianS
    from California

I'm an endodontist in S. California and I've got to say id rather spend an hour in your office getting worked on than an hour in mine working any day. Amazing! Submit this to Dentistry Today, it would make the magazine for sure. You deserve the credit and the business that should follow. Maybe we should have a dental hot rod club of some kind? Cheers. Well done! Way to bring your passions together.

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Very cool, and it will be the only orthodontist's office in the county that becomes a H.A.M.B. Must stop at when in the area attraction. I expect it won't be long before we see a road trip photo of a Hamber's car posed out front.

The kids have to love it too.

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Man, incredibly good job on the building, space and the couches too. I'm an architect, so I know what it takes to be able to pull something like that off. Looks like the contractor did a pretty good job as well. Must have been a good team all around. Nice work!

18. WOW-WOW-WOW!!! I'm traveling your way soon to get braces and all I have is like three teeth left.
    What a great and true labor of love.If this is an extesion of how you treat your patients they are blessed to have you.this is so incredible,I showed my fiance and we both gawked at the detail and read the blurbs.good luck and god bless.

to all that helped and especially your dad.....just WOW!

19. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Simply incredible! Great ideas and execution!
    My 12 year old will soon start with braces. I'd give you my business if you were in Socal! I'll show him this thread as he also loves old cars.

20. VERY VERY COOL i cant say anything that hasnt allready been said but if my dentist was half as cool as you i wouldnt have stopped going to see him...and maybe my teeth wouldnt be rotting outta my head now

your office is the kinda americana that america needs now its a shame more poeple dont do things like this

21. Took the words right out of my mouth....
    ..:cool:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2011
  22. JimV57

JimV57
    from California

Impressive and VERY VERY cool! What a fun place for something most people dread!!! *applaudes loudly*

23. 100% Matt

100% Matt

That is absolutely killer!

24. This has got to be the koolest thing I have ever seen !! Wow !!

25. robleticia

robleticia

Beautiful! WOW!

26. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Amazing simply amazing.

27. 4ever18

4ever18

You know that you're going to see an increase in the number of "gray beards" wanting braces! Excellent, sir.

28. I had braces as a kid for more years than I care to remember and hated them - I only wish I could have gone to your place instead of where I went! This is just spectacular - what a fantastic way of involving your hobby with your totally unrelated/different business in such a fun way! It is just unreal, imaginative, creative - very, very well done!

29. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Incredible vision. Hopefully the environment will be more inviting so those with axiety towards going to the dentist will have a more enjoyable experience. It would be interesting to see how your patients feel with the change and see if it makes any difference with them. Great work.

30. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Beautiful. I think you "nailed it." Opps, I meant, "drilled it."