Register now to get rid of these ads!

Paso Robles 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 28, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hope to see you Ryan at the meet and greet next year?

3. blue57ford

blue57ford

Spending time on south padre ain't bad either though I imagine the weather did not cooperate very much.

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I think Paso was awesome this year, alot of "new" cars and alot more people, than in previous years.
    Man, it was a great time.
    Best one yet.

5. lownrusty

lownrusty

Paso was a blast, lots of new cars more rods, hell I did'nt see half of the park because of the tide of people going the wrong way I did'nt want to get trampled. We stayed out at a ranch so it was like a vacation for me and the wife, hit a opossum with the 33 ahh roadkill!! Got to meet Denise -ChevyGirl and a few other hambers. Cant wait for next year, already got our reservation at the ranch. Paul

6. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Best paso yet:)
    Sorry we missesd ya Ryan ...i'm sure it will be even better next year!
    you would have been stoked on the meet-great. It was awesome to finally put a face to the Hamb name. The name tags worked out great and the lil hamb/paso stickers were cool.

7. 53burb

53burb

It is always a great pleasure to meet all the Road Zombies....you all know whom you are. KNUX!

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

It was a rad show indeed. I can't wait for next year

9. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

paso kicked ass its always over to soon man i even made the meet and greet!sorry my name tage was up side down:D and i was a lil shy

10. collector

collector
    from madera,ca

I had a great time checking out the hambrs rides. lightn-bug ,dreadmans boat-tail, they were awesome to see up close in person. it was a good show and good food. big turn out at meet n greet.

11. 53burb

53burb

Ya did good Alex representing NorCal!!!! It was kool to see you and the rest of the Zombies. KNUX!

12. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

Looks like it was an awesome show. I'm thinking of driving down from here in Canada next year to attend it. :)

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

As to your question about best/worst...it was one of the best for me. I hung out with great friends all weekend. I was stoked that A&W was gone - about 20 of us went and had a killer sushi dinner instead and then drank at the hotel - no cuff contest. The crowd at the park was lame. It seems like every jackass in the world has a club jacket and patch, especially the newbie cuff-rodders - and there were plenty of them.

Our plan for next year is to still roll down on Thursday (which is the best night in my opinion), dump the cars in the park early on Saturday, do a thorough lap while there is no crowd, head back to the hotel and do our own thing until around 3:00, then go back and get the cars, bail on Sunday morning.

In short, I was stoked on the company I kept and put off by the ever-increasing rat rod scene, but the cool far outweighed the lame.

14. The cars were great, there were still a few that were in the show that were questionable quality. Most of the Viva crowd also made it up there somehow. Lots of drinking, maybe even boozing and coozing. The cops were cool about most the light burnouts on Spring street. I think the show lasted long on the Sunday than last year.

15. johnnykck

johnnykck

One of the best Paso shows, had a great drive down from San Jose on friday mornin' with a bunch of guys, didn't go to the cruise Friday night but hung out till 3:00 am in Paso with some friends. Saturday was great, lot's of new cars, saw some old friends and made some new ones, it seems that there where some people there that were more worried about what kind of clothes others wore and what club they belonged to than what kind of car they drove.

The People I hung out with were good people and I don't really care what they had on or if there was a patch on it or not.
    I hope next year will be as good as it was this year, A big thank you to all who made it possible!!

16. hankcash

hankcash

Ryan, I heard that you were at the meet and greet...

hc

17. KIRK!

KIRK!

POST EDITED BY ME to remove the club's name. The point is still the same. We need to be aware of our actions at events if we care about the future of hot rod events.

Obviously it's not the clothes, it's the few whose actions will potentially screw it up for the many, who bum me out. I have been going to Paso for 14 years, and it used to be a mellower crowd. I have no problem with events that are created to be wild. Paso was not.

A perfect example is the car club who were driving their truck up and down Spring St. in front of the bowling alley with guys standing in the bed dragging the bumper on the ground with their club logo banner in-tow. Once may have been semi-interesting, but after the 20th it was pretty fucking stupid. I think they thought that people were cheering them on, when in reality most were shouting compliments like "dipshits" and "dumbfucks".

They'd have been just as idiotic without their club colors on, but it sure made it easier to figure out who they were. The funny thing is that it's guys like that who will be the first to whine about how the cops in Paso treat hot rodders.

I'm not bashing clubs at all, most of my friends are in clubs and I started two of the most influencial in the last 20 years.

My group of friends has a pretty wild and drunken time without potentially fucking it up for everyone else.

18. johnnykck

johnnykck

I get your point, Kirk and I have to agree with you, there were a lot of newbie's or wannabe's and it seems they are more worried about their hair and their clothes than any thing else, the same crowd are the ones that make the most noise and are always in desperate need of attention. I just try to ignore them, but if they are acting like the guys you mentioned above it's kinda hard, maybe they should get dragged down spring street next time.

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

Now that I would have applauded.

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

Paso is always excellent. seems like there was way more people than ever before, and a BUNCH of cool cars that were not in the show were parked around the side streets. next year I'm bringing my bicycle so I can get more pics of cars outside the park.

..as for posers and fools.. didn't notice. I did notice far fewer shitboxes than there used to be. fewer cars without floors. took 418 pictures. posted about 70 here.

it was a good time as always.

21. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

Paso, was great as always. There was a strange vibe on Friday night. Me, the Wife and kids bailed around 9:30 and went back to the hotel and had a few beers and then up way too early to get parked in the park. Great friends and cars!!

see ya next year

Brad

22. Low

Low

Nice picture at the top of this thread. That chopped 51 sedan sure had a nice chop on it. I wonder who did it. I ll give you a hint. It was me:D Paso was great this year lots of cool cars.

23. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

In my opinion, this was one of the best Paso's ever.
    We eliminated a lot of the "what's that doing here" cars and stuck to our year break as close as possible. I only spotted a handful of "off year" cars, and all of those were pretty heavily customized.
    As for the rat rods being cleaned up. . . The show had nothing to do with it, but I'm glad to see it happening.
    I think everyone is getting tired of the shit box style cars. Even the guys that were showing up a few years back with rust covered crap and no floors, had well built cars there this year.
    The number of "non entered" cars doubled. They were everywhere.
    Spectators have increased as well. Every vendor had a record year.
    And, . . as far as I know, there were no "incidents" that were related to our cars. Just the locals going a little crazy.
    All in all, it was a very smooth show.

Craig :cool:

24. Eryk

Eryk

Best Paso Ever!!!!!!!

25. Choptop

Choptop

Had an absolute blast.

Big thanks to Penny for the Biletproof mention in the program. That rocks and I'll make it up to ya.

Met lots of great folks, dropped lots of Billetproof flyers, ate lots of great food, drank too much.. oh yes, there were some cars there as well. :D Too many to pick out a fave.

26. I don't know if it was the best, but it was a great one for sure. I just got home around 4.30 PM Monday, after getting there Thursday. Which had more going on than Friday of last year maybe. Anyway, i milked the tits off this one this year for sure

27. kustomkat

kustomkat

I agree with KIRK, it was a very good show as usual. I missed out on most of the festivities on Friday nite, but enjoyed Saturday and Sunday. I have been going to Paso for quite a while myself and seen it evolve into what it is today. I think the best part is the "family reunion" with all the friends you've made that live up and down the state.. The cars are a just a bonus.. Anytime the numbers grow, there are always going to be a few more headaches. After all, more people = more personalities trying to get along in a small area. The only down fall I found were the drunks in the park Saturday nite that took it personally that my wife and I didn't want to go to the bowling alley Saturday nite. Was there even anything going on at the bowling alley Saturday nite??? Maybe he wanted a date from me.. Anyway, to that guy... The stripes on my wifes car are straight, if your head was straight, you see it. Try looking at it without the beer in your hand... And for future reference, a date will cost you more than beer. I'm more of a J.D. fan..

28. Von Scott

Von Scott
    from fresno,ca

Had a pretty good time this year. I brought my 13 yr old son for his first time. He loved it, let him take pictures of all the cars "with no hoods". We left a little earlier than I had originally intended, but he kept thanking me for taking him, so it made up for it. As cuffs and clothes in general, I wear what I usually where everywhere. White t-shirt, wranglers, boots and a hat, if they don't like it, fuckem. I'm there for the cars not to make an image.

29. lonely king

lonely king

it was a kool xperience for the most part.i took the whole family to paso on saturday,..meet with friends and had a blast..as far as the posers and knuckle heads..those are always gonna be around..i just ignore them and move on..lots of great cars...the only thing that tripped me out was this skinny girl in a black mini skirt with these guys walking .her mini skirt keep going up,(no under wear)showing her private part off to everyone walking towards them..then i see her again cruzing down spring street in a conv car ,sitting on the car like she's a pagent queen waving at eveyone,again showing off her private part to everyone..not the prettiest site let me tell you..hilirious to me ,not the wifey..lol..

30. studhud

studhud

Yep Kirk you got to keep those idiots out of Billet proof Ban em'. Because thats exactly what turns me off to your show.LTR Dave