Register now to get rid of these ads!

1/4 scale T Bucket with running V8 Engine... CRAZY.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I had a video a few years ago on my old computer where some italian guy had spent 15 years making a scale model of an old Ferrari racecar that measured a little less than 3feet long. He hand built every part (tiny valves and valve springs) and cast his own engine that actually ran. It was amazing.
    He said that ever since he was a kid he wanted one for the sound that the engine made but could never afford it, so he decided to build his own.

3. lowbuck31

lowbuck31

Pretty cool....they don't really get on it(?) I wonder how well it drives and how fast it goes...I mean, I'd be tearing some major shit up with that! [​IMG]

4. ray

ray
    from colorado

i've seen them motors for years, and always wanted to build one myself from scratch, especially so after HEARING IT!

5. Darwin

Darwin

The prices are insane but the effort and skill required to build the things boggles the brain.

6. lesabre59

lesabre59

DEYOMATIC and anyone else interested..heres a link to that Ferrari

http://www.fine-art-models.com/e/gallery/scerri/

This thing is unreal, the guy LEARNED how to make glass so he could make his own scale windows, he LEARNED how to mold rubber so he could make his own tires, he mad scale reaplica FULLY FUNCTIONING Ferrari guages, scale fuel injection, starting to get the passion this guy had for this car. Everything hand made, check this thing out if you wanna see precision!

7. jive-
    dude, you should totally buy one for you're little dog!!

=)

8. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Le Sabre, I'm pretty sure that is the one, I'm downloading it now.

9. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I was just victim of another case of "it takes 15 mins to download a file and then you need to unzip it, and then when you try to play it it won't work bacause of some unexplained computer jargon" bullshit.

10. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Gary Conley lives around the corner from us. You wouldn't believe the projects he's got going in his shop!

11. lesabre59

lesabre59

Deyomatic, I had the same $%#$%^%^ thing happen to me, must be a corrupted link. I saw the clip a couple years ago and it was amazing!

12. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

I'm glad I'm not the only one, it was the type of thing that you have to see to believe.

13. Elrod

Elrod

14. heres another one (not sure if its in the uk or the states)apparently destined for a totrod...all hand fabricated apart from the pistons and carbs....

monkey

Attached Files: