Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rest In Peace Dan Ross (OLD KID)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redsled, Mar 24, 2009.

1. All
    Update, with deep sorrow I pass along the sad news that our GREAT FRIEND, Dan Ross passed away this afternoon.
    Arrangements are incomplete, but will be handled by McCullough Funeral Home in Warner Robins, Ga..
    His family still needs prayers.

2. vertible59

vertible59

So very, very sad. I never had the pleasure of meeting the man, but saw his car coming out of Houston ave. onto hwy. 247 6 to 8 weeks ago and wondered who it belonged to. God speed, and surely he has left us for a much better place.

s

3. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

He will be missed, R.I.P. Dan.

4. aceuh

aceuh

5. k9racer

k9racer

I hate to here this. This will make my trips to WR more lonley as I seem to be loosing my friends down their. Johnny Quick, RL Gregory. Strewart Seamore and a bunch more.. Bobby..

6. chazzin

chazzin
    from butler,ga

man i hated to hear this today, he was a awesome guy, he will definately be missed
    ill be praying for his family

7. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

His family has our prayers. R.I.P. Dan.

8. RIP Dan. I am still in shock over this. He and his family will be in our prayers too. How terrible.

9. phatbaby

phatbaby

R.I.P Dan Ross.........You will be missed ,his humor ,freindship ,stories of early music,and those tall tales of the days of a car salesman......Danner,Bruce,Rayjr,Jonathan of the Alabama Gang

10. Bloomdog

Bloomdog
    from Texas

R.I.P. Dan.....What a nice guy.Prayers go to his family.

11. For those interested visitation will be Friday, March 27, 2009 from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at McCullough Funeral Home in Warner Robins Ga. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 28, 2009 at Southside Baptist Church, the Reverends Bruce Brookshire and Don Rehner officiating. Interment will follow in Magnolia Park Cemetery. His wife and son asks that we come dressed in our car attire and bring your cars. As of now his life long friend will be driving Dans 32 behind the family car and all others hotrods follow.

Jimmy

12. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

Hey guys
    Stay with me here. I'm not sure how this HAMB thing works. It's me, Elena, Dan's wife (49 Buick sedanette). Thank you for your prayers. Dan loved being on this thing so much. He loved to look for pictures of the 32 and "talk" to his buddies. We (Dan's kids and I) are dedicated to building a lasting memory of Dan. Please share any memories, stories, or pictures you feel inspired to offer. And when we feel like we can, Jason (Dan's son), his family and I are going to get back on the road in the '32. So if you see that black sedan with the "Old Kid" tag, come talk to us and share a memory or laugh...cause Dan is always smiling.
    Just so you know, Dan never knew how sick he was. He did not suffer...was already trying to figure out what show was going on close to when he was to finish chemo. But the lymphoma was too aggressive, his liver and kidneys were so compromised, his heart finally gave out.
    please stay in touch
    Bless you all. Elena
    send anything you want to share to [email protected] or
    Elena Castro
    202 Briarmoor Dr.
    Warner Robins, GA 31088 or

Jason Ross
    206 Georgian Way
    Byron, GA 30018

13. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I am glad to hear the positive outlook. Dan was a great guy and I will never forget his smiling face.

I'll be sure to stop by and say when I see his black sedan.

14. So good to hear you will be keeping the sedan in the family and on the road.
    My Dad (Bart) and I allways looked forward to seeing Dan at events. We were fortunate to spend some good time with him in Daytona last year.
    He is greatly missed.
    I look forward to seeing you out in the sedan soon.
    Brett C.

15. Dan was an excellent person. I remember the toys for tots show at summit a few years back, first time I meet him. He was keeping an eye out for my car since we never meet before. Found each other, he made sure there was 'special' parking for me....or shall i say he saved a spot for me next to his 32. We spent the better half of the day walking around looking at the cars, he introduced me to all his buddys as if we were friends for years. Really made me feel welcome. He will be missed.

16. Elana, It's so great to see you post on here. Dan was the best. He will be missed. I finally got to pair up with him and make a pass at the Run What You Brung last year. He had finally gotten all the bugs he was worried about worked out with his engine and wanted to run. We always kidded about racing before that. It was fun. He also always asked about my family and gave me advice how to be a good father and told me to try not to worry about my kids turning out rotten. :)

Hopefully we will get to see you with your Buick one day too. Let us know if we can help with anything. Take Care, Josh

17. Elena,,,Dan was a wonderful person and I consider myself a better man for having known him,,,

Just a few short months ago we spent an hour or so on the computer and on the phone trying to teach him how to post the larger photos on the Hamb.

It was funny trying to teach him how to post them because I am not very good at the computer stuff myself,,,the blind leading the blind so to speak.

I will keep my eyes peeled for the Old Kid Deuce sedan and make it a point to introduce myself.

take care,, Danny aka,,,HOTRODPRIMER

18. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

GOD BLESS and God Speed......

19. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus

20. chopped

chopped

In the blink of an eye five years have gone by, so sorry for all you've missed.

21. Wow- Was talking with Bloody Knuckles about Old Kid last night - when he mentioned he lost an older buddy recently. Dan was the best.

22. Dan was such a good guy,I sure miss him,,he sure built a cool sedan. HRP

[​IMG]

23. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Hey HRP: Are Elena or the kids still driving/showing it? It is a gorgeous '32.

24. The last time I saw Dan and the car was at the Johnny Paycheck picnic,that was several years ago. HRP

25. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere goes out to Elena and their kids, and the rest of his family and friends

26. Sincere condolences to all the family and friends. I always looked forward to seeing his car in show coverage, as it's such a beauty. Great to see the family will continue enjoying the car and keeping the memories going.