Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Dragster Rules

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Yo Baby, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

:confused:
    The question has come up "just out of curiosity"who is going to police the HAMB dragsters and make sure they adhere to the rules since SamIyam isn't coming?;);)
    T.OUT

2. I say that there will be enough of us there to heckle/berate any cheaters that might show.:D

3. Peer presure/intimidation ? :eek:

4. Even if I was there... I wasn't plannin' on regulating anything... show up with something that isn't along the letter of what was laid out, and sure you'll get to run, but it just won't be the same as if you built something like everyone elses... weird, but it the fun of the run not what you brung.

T-man and Ian got a better handle on what I'm trying to say. :D
    Sam.

5. Sam said it best. I have some news that a former non-HAMB group wants to show and take the honors. The joke is on them, there is no honors! The drags are a pilgrimage, more than just the racing. The fun is in being there and at the hotal afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!

6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Hey T, so what are you planning to run:D

7. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Hey John,Either a thrashed together Volvo Slant back or My Deuce.It's still up in the air.It'll be a 13th hour deal whatever it is I'm sure.LOL
    T.OUT

8. recycler

recycler

Rand man and I are getting closer to having our dragster ready for the planned test at Tulsa's Nostalgia race July 23rd. It will be close. We have followed the "guidelines" posted by SamIyam as closely as we could. Finding safe bias ply tires without spending big$$ has been our biggest hurdle so far. I guess we'll end up buying new ones. I understand the guidelines to require street tires only- no cheater slicks? Nothing was mentioned in the guidelines about locked rear ends but every track I've ever raced at says "NO WELDED SPIDER GEARS" I guess we'll have an open rear end unless we find a mini spool. I am a proponent of the "run what ya brung as long as its safe" philosophy. I think the tire rule will keep these cars slow enough that no one will get hurt. Brad

9. plan9

plan9

a wise man once told me..

its more about the journey than the destination.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Rules? We don't need no steenking rules..... :D:D:D

11. I'm with T on this one.

I wish I had the time and the bucks to get my new project on the road, but I'll probably just run the Pusherman this year.
    I think I'm hookin' up with Z man hope he brings the Buick and not the roadster.:D;)

12. There's rules?

I was told to show up with a full cooler and bring enough
    money to buy tires for the trip home.

13. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

Yee Haaawww!!!!LOL
    T.OUT

14. What's a "former non-HAMB group"?

Is that a group of guys that was never on the HAMB, but now they are?

I think this is going to be the best HAMB Drags yet... wish I could be there!

Sam.

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I'll be bringing the Buick.... but the 425 in it only has one 4 barrell... :D

Well almost in it.... :D

16. Im bringin the most smoke-single tire spinning -slowest Roadster in the world -,:) again......I hope that guy pullin the BIG FIBERGLASS BULL on a trailer breaks out or doesnt back up his run from the first years drags.....:D

17. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

Interresting answers you got on your questions there YO Baby.

18. So, put your money where your heart is, SHOW UP!!!!