Register now to get rid of these ads!

the cops call me hot rod!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastlane666, Oct 9, 2012.

1. fastlane666

fastlane666

thats rite folks a local cop gets tattooed at the same parlor as me, and he was calling me hot rod when my buddy said who is hot rod the cop said my name. my "hot ROD" is not what most of you would give the title to as it's a 66 chevelle 2 door sedan. but it is flashy and loud and fast. i don't play around here too much but i thought it was funny to garner the title. i live in a small country town in upstate ny( i'm a city boy transplant) and there are no other big cam big engine old cars around.

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

The safe word is "WHiskey."

3. CptKaos

CptKaos

4. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I got a ride home from a local cop yesterday, haha. long story....still car related

5. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

6. I'd rather not talk about my last ride in a cop car...

Bob

7. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

cop stories?: I buy Amsoil oil for one of my cars from a local cop who sells it as a little side business. I like the oil but I'm hoping I can leverage this if I ever get stopped going too fast or slow.

8. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I enjoy NOT being known by the cops.

9. fleetside66

fleetside66

Well, that leaves you with no choice. You're gonna have to live up to your billing & start a traditional hot rod project. Nothin' wrong with using the '66 to get groceries while you're building it.

10. Or use it as a parts car for a REAL hot rod ;)

11. Me too!!! I would rather remain "inmagneto"...

12. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Wonder why? ;)

Glad you're still with us Fred.

13. I lived on Peckham rd. in Poughkeepsie about 15 years ago,It worked out real good for me that all the cops knew my location as the guy with the hot rods.

14. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Back when I was building my first rod i was really concerned about vehicle codes and what not. A friend of my father's was high up in the local sheriff department at the time, so I made quite a few calls to him. He told me "as long as your not driving like an asshole, you've got nothing to worry about. Its obvious that you are sinking tons of time and money into these cars, and the cops know your just on your way to a car show or something. Most police officers ARE car guys"

Needless to say after that conversation I no longer worried about full exhaust, full fenders, bumpers, ride height, ect..