Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Jalopyrama

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. And a good time was had by all and Advil will still be in business .

3. Long live the small, quality car show! I'm with you on this one Ryan. Glad you made it back from the "North Side".

4. note to self....put away the fine china when Ryan is over......

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Good seeing ya and tippin a few back with you guys..good times

6. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My sister Sandra, who is a bartender in Annapolis, called last night looking for an attorney's phone number. I gave her my attorney's number...........it could be bad. I didn't know....honest ! :)

Glad you guys made it home safely.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Sounds like a fun time, oh and the car show too! Ha ,Talked with a couple guys that were heading there for the second time and said it is awesome! Thanks for sharing your story and pics.

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for coming Ryan. Sorry we missed you.

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Still the bridesmaid

10. oj

oj

Fear and Loathing in Maryland?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Looks like a good time! Thanks for the photos. Good job on biting that dog.

12. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Ryan......thanks for your blog entry, and a very observant take on what makes these small shows so cool.......very manageable crowds, the ability to see everything, even twice, without having to be taken home in an ambulance, and the vibe of folks greeting each other and just diggin' on the great cars........I had a ball, and the icing was having the chance to chat with you for a few minutes.......

Come on back!

CB

13. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Wow, I need to see more of that early '60s Olds. Nice pix.

14. Thanks for the coverage, Ryan! Great venue! I'll make it there one day!

15. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

Thanks for the photos, and the neat story to go with 'um.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You came, you saw, you got hammered. Sounds like a great weekend to me!!!

I can't believe I got my car done and made it to the show. It's been some of the toughest weeks I can remember but it was definitely worth it. Thanks so much to everyone that made the show possible and to you Ryan for including photos of my car in todays entry. Definitely humbling.

I took some shitty phone pics as everyone cleared the armory....
    [​IMG]

Wife learned how to stitch an interior one week ago and finished it at 2am Friday morning before we left. So proud of her and owe her something BIG!
    [​IMG]

But the crowning moment this weekend was my 1yr old son finding a crack pipe in our room which led to free hotel accommodations and helped with traveling costs yay!!!!
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to see you Texans next year if you come back. I love this show and think it's by far the best on the East Coast.

17. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Ryan, glad you and Blake made it to MD and back in one piece even though you were in the Yankee part of MD. Question, are those pics of yours taken with your new 4S? How is the camera compared to the previous versions?

Jeffery, that is a good looking car! Looks like your wife did a sweet job on that interior, nice work.

But, have to say, your choice of hotels seems a little off. Looks like they only run the vac. maybe a couple times a year as well. Some solid choice on carpeting too. :D Last time I was in Annapolis a few years back, my wife and I stayed in a great little B&B right downtown by the Statehouse. Was super cool and not that expensive. The street parking is incredibly tight down there though, but we just used a nearby garage only a block away. Annapolis is a great little town.

18. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Plenty of pictures in the other J'Rama threads.

19. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Naw, we like 'em nice and dirty. Cheap & Easy!

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

Persionally,I like the cockroach method.Mine are trained to look really menacing.BTW,there was some beautiful iron at that show!

21. Brog

Brog

when was this?

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This past weekend!!!!

23. The "Wizard" looks right at home with all the other early iron, JJ! Great job!

Looking forward to seeing it in person this weekend!

24. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I swear I'm going next year.

25. BLAKE

BLAKE

Sonriendo Diablesa... aka, 'Cease and Desist'...

[​IMG]

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I dont wanna know...

27. DaveInc

DaveInc

Ryan, next time get there early in the morning. The beautiful light in the Armory is like being in Church. Hot Rod Church. My photos from last year will show you. Sorry I did not get to meet you. Maybe next year, or I may have to hit Austin someday. I have several friends in that area. Cheers, David

28. DRuss, you gonna make it to Charlotte this weekend?

29. BLAKE

BLAKE

Those photos are solely for the purpose of liability mitigation on behalf of my client... nothing to be concerned about... standard procedure.

I can share these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Had planned on going to this show since last year but last minute family sh*t changed all that. IMO this is the best show on the east coast and it looks like it was another great show thanks to all of the hard work they go thru.
    Just for comparrison I went (make that walked thru quickly) a local show in Winchester, VA on Sunday. Well over 100 cars, but what a typical parking lot bore. Same old thing car after car, only stopped to look at 4 or 5 traditional type rods and customs in the whole lot full. The best looking rod and custom I saw there were both parked in the spectators parking lot.
    Same old guys (I'm 68 so I know what old is) sitting in there lawn chairs giving nasty looks at the other entrants and sticking their noses in the air at the few spectators. Along with their displays of stupid halloween decorated cars and halloween dressed cry babies, was enough to turn me off completely (make that puke).
    Thank God there are a few remaining shows like JalopyRama and Jalopy Showdown in this area.
    I WILL NOT MISS NEXT YEARS !!!!