Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln NE swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tjsr19, Mar 3, 2009.

1. tjsr19

tjsr19
    from Lincoln NE

Has any one been to the Lincoln swap meet in previous years? I have a lot of stuff I would like to sell and I don't know if I can just show up with a truck load of stuff? or do I have to set up a booth and is there a cost? I have a fathead block for sale and trim and accessories from a 49 ford if this makes a difference?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. KKustoms

KKustoms

3. Yup...it's a pretty big meet and the line to get in is long. No reservations necessary. One spot is[was] 20 bucks. Wear warm clothes because even if the temps are over freezing the wind will make it seem colder. I like to bring my own eats but there's food sold on the propitty and if you even think you may have to pee? Start for the bathrooms because there's always a looooooooooong line...
    This is supposed to be the last year at the fairgrounds...we'll see what happens next year.

4. tjsr19

tjsr19
    from Lincoln NE

cool I will be there I have to much junk. I hope people like random parts

5. fordfreak79

fordfreak79
    from Aurora, NE

I heard it was the 7th and also that it was the 14th of March. I am going to assume the 7th is correct as that is mostly what I have heard and I did a little searching on the internet and there is advertisement for the 7th. Everybody agrees though that it is at the Lancaster Event Center.

6. Here's the deal straight from the horse's mouth!! Location for the 37th Rocky Manginelli Memorial Swap Meet is Lancaster Event Center, 4100 North 84th St. (84th & Havelock), Lincoln, Nebraska. Date is Sunday, March 7. If you are planning on vending and don't have a prepaid 10'x'10' indoor heated space (those are sold out), there are approximatley 480 12x25 spaces inside three buildings, first come-first served. Doors won't open until 3am for these buildings, but vendor lineup/collections will start late Saturday evening. You will have to unhook your battery and tape off your gas cap to be inside the buildings (Nebraska State Fire Marshall says you have to do it, and we don't argue with them!) - we will have crews to help with this. For those who don't want to do this, and after the buildings fill up, there are also outdoor spaces, first-come/first-served.

Vendor stall rates are $25 for indoor 12x25/outdoor 12x25 stalls; Car Corral is also $25/car (off trailer). Admission is a canned food/non-perishable food item or cash donation for Food Bank of Lincoln.

We are really excited for the new location and date. Just be aware that the real challenge will be in finding parking for all the buyers/spectators, especially if it snows or rains immediately prior to the meet. I cannot emphasize enough that this is a new location and that we would appreciate everyones' patience and understanding as we work out the bugs for our first time at the Lancaster Events Center.

Alan H. Tast AIA
    Vice President, Eastern Nebraska-Western Iowa Car Council

March 2010
    7 - Lincoln – Annual Rocky Manginelli Swap Meet, held at Lancaster Event Center, Nebraska’s No. 1 Swap Meet “The first and largest swap meet of the year held in Nebraska!” This is the annual event that gets the hobby going for the year. Contact: Jim Snyder, 402-786-2427