Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Not This Sh*t Again...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Im sorry, but I think 64 is the cut off year here on the HAMB. With a 65 might get booted

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm not sure it's my absolute favorite but a 63/65 Riv is in my top five of "I want one bad" list of cars. I should have bought a nice one when they were affordable and available and kept it.

Great road cars for jumping in and making a run to Joplin for the HAMB drags though.

4. Colville

Colville

haha ^^ My grandpa has a '65 Rivera he bought brand new. Its all stock except for a mild cam... in perfect condition :) I do love it.

5. Colville

Colville

I'll post a photo when I get off work tonight.

7. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

"What’s yours? What’s the one car that you always find your mind going back to?"

I will be the first (of I am sure many) to say the 1932 Ford, specifically a roadster.

8. 1320/150

1320/150

59-60 el camino

9. NoSurf

NoSurf

You know the real reason is your man-crush on Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse...

[​IMG]

10. silent rick

silent rick

try dogfight magazine.com:)

ha-ha

i almost bought one around twenty years ago.

11. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Ryan, I couldn't pick just one! :D

12. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

My 1968 Chevelle. I wreaked it on Jan 3 this year. Hopefully I'll be putting the body on the new frame this week.

[​IMG]

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You bastards need a rule refresh... The cut-off for the HAMB is 1965.

14. lol
    Now that's entertainment!

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I started my driving life in a '49 Merc...Dad had two, one a four door the other a convert, with skirts, nosed, decked, whitewalls and lowered...however, I've never lusted after a Merc since then. Then I got a '50 Stude Starlight coop...never wanted another of them. Then a '59 Chevy...just another car...then a '64 Impala...nope, don't need another...then a '57 Chevy...had 30 of 'em at one time, don't desire another...then...well, let's just say that the current one ('55 Caddy) is the one I lust after...and can drive it anytime I want to.

Go here to see the complete build: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329070&highlight=the+best+55+caddy+build

R-

16. 2935ford

2935ford

Yes, Ryan....one of the coolest cars on the planet...right from the factory.
    I had (sob) a beautiful '65 Rivey. Absolutely mint. Silver exterior, black interior, SS Cragars w/lettered wide ovals.
    The nicest car I ever owned. I won't tell you what happened to it because it's now to embarassing a tale.
    I don't think I even have a picture of it. I did shoot some old super 8mm film back in the day.

17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Now that is funny....

Ryan, remember that 65 I took pictures for you??
    I too love these years ever since the model came out and I as a 12 yr old built it...
    Oh and hi by the way. Been busy with day to day routines and miss the banter, :eek::D

18. 4tford

4tford

57 chevy fuelie

19. any rive good with me boss

20. S.F.

S.F.

Cant seem to get past it...

Attached Files:

21. The '63-'65 Riviera has always been a dream car for me. The others would have to be a tie between '46-'48 Plymouth and a '51 Merc.

22. The '63-65 Rivs are so close in appearance, I vote for grandfathering the '65 Riv in... arguably my favorite cars of the era.

Bob

23. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome .. That car is top five for me my grandfather had one also..

24. onedge

onedge

I like them too. 55 chevy 41 willys any early ford roadster. it should easy to remember the 65 cut off rule now for the light thinkers. haha.

25. froghawk

froghawk

Yeah. I could see a '65 Riv GS in black with black, or maybe dark red, interior, four speed and some natural finish kidney bean Halibrands with black wall tires. Maybe lowered a couple inches. Kinda like the Riviera version of a certain '55 T-bird.

In '67 or so my Mom was looking for a new car to replace her '61 Olds F-85 wagon. She picked out a loaded gold '64 Riviera with an off white interior. Next night we went to the dealer where we too meet my Dad, from whom she was separated, to close the deal. Since Dad was paying the bill he vetoed the purchase and we wound up getting a boring, by comparison, maroon '66 F-85 hardtop with a black bench seat interior. I was thirteen at the time, but still cried like a freakin' baby!

Now, though, the car I keep thinking about is a '61 Bonneville two-door hardtop with a tri-power 389, four-speed, bucket seats, and eight-lug wheels. The desired color combo keep changing in my mind. But damn...

26. froghawk

froghawk

What's amazing about the '65 Riv is that three years into the model cycle Buick produced the most refined version of the original design. Offhand, I can't think that happening with any other car.

27. Marty S1

Marty S1

With all due respect to this place, I'll just say I love cars.....or to quote the wife..."Is there ANY car you don't like????":)

WillyKJr likes this.
  28. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

Sorry, I've never been one for instructions either

29. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

o ya, ocean front, collie,knickers and buicks.i sure do miss my chidhood.

Attached Files:

30. I also love the Rivs - a top 5 car for sure.

The one that does it for me is (OK, call me biased) the '34 Ford.

Whether a stocker, a hammered Bonneville car, or a drag car, a coupe, roadster, phaeton, or tudor - I can't help but be stopped in my tracks every time I see a real one.

Maybe it's just me... :eek: