Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rodders Journal show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GARY T., Aug 9, 2012.

1. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

i herd about this awhile ago and wanted to go badly ! but i'll be at larry's show snapping photos . i'll be looking into going on sunday for sure !
    the magazine is in a class of its own and i'm sure this show will be too , wish it all the luck because i'd like to see a 2nd year come around for it :)

2. .......Jen, Your photo work is of the quality that it justifies inclusion in a top-flight publication like the Rodder's Journal...........Don.:)

3. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

It would be nice if there was also just a one day option/fee for guys bringing their cars.

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

Drag racers are gonna drag race no matter what. Curt & Steve have done everything they could to stay off our date & I thank them for that. I'm a big boy & can take whatever situation comes our way. Let's race! Then head to Baltimore to finish out the weekend.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Larry, you've always come across as one hell of a guy to me... Seriously.

6. ...............I think both events can still be very successful:)

7. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

I'm going. It sounds like it will be spectacular. And of course I will be taking pictures.

8. alchemy

alchemy

9. .......When I first heard that this event was taking place it seems like there was mention somewhere that it was going to be the following week-end (Oct-5-7). Not exactly sure where that rumor got started. I think that's the week-end for the Fall event in nearby Ocean City, Md.

10. weez

weez

I got this done for them a few days ago-

It has the Ray Giovannani '36 Roadster and the Harry Luzader '32- both Baltimore area cars.

I'm gonna be in OZ or I would go, maybe next year!

Attached Files:

11. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Wonder what city it will be in next year????????

12. bigolds

bigolds

I registered this morning!!! Live close so no hotel required!!! oughta be pretty cool!!

13. We are going RACING!!!! See you at the SPRINGS!

14. Curt Six

Curt Six

No need to wonder - it will be in Baltimore next year. We plan to make this an annual event.

The sticker on the latest issue of TRJ (#55) was to let everyone know the date of the show is September 28-30. The editorial in that issue had a different date, but an unavoidable circumstance with the event site required that we schedule the show for September 28th-30th.

And our hat is off to Keith Weesner for his awesome artwork. It's especially cool to see his spin on a pair of iconic Mid-Atlantic rods and customs. Thanks Keith!
    Curt

15. wally426ci

wally426ci

Curt, thanks for updating us. I'll be a spectator since my oldest is a 68 Dodge Truck.

Its great to have something big in Baltimore!:D

16. Will there be vendors ????? Who do you contact about a vending spot?

17. Nappy

Nappy
    from York, PA

It's exciting to have another good show added to the local line-up. Can't wait to check it out.

18. Hey Ryan - Larry really is one hell of a guy!!
    This show is getting a lot of buzz around here and the line up of cars I've heard is worth the price of admission. I talked to Curt at Larry's 10th Invitational in Lattimore a few weeks ago and it sounds like a great deal of enthusiasm and a lot of planning are going into it. I dont know where that 'stick to magazines' comment comes from? When you look at TRJ over these 18 years - everything they touch is tasteful, world class, traditionally influence...the magazine, the books, the tee's, their vendor spots, name it - why not a car show? I'm looking forward to it and feel lucky to have it in our back yard!

19. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

I haven't missed any of the Jalopy Showdown Drags events since Larry started doing the event at Beaver Springs (even stayed all weekend in the rain last year), and don't plan on missing it this year. However, I will definitely be dropping by this event on the way back home Sunday to check it out, and so long as you continue to have it in Baltimore/MD area you can count on me to attend and support it. I'll spread the word to some friends of mine as well.

20. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks Manson & everyone else that are going to hang with us Saturday. Sorry to hijack the thread but this year will be great with the Lyndwood Reunion & other stuff I'll do on another thread for the show. Next year will work out for both of us I'm sure.

21. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

We'll be getting back from Indy the weekend before, but it looks like we'll be headed to Maryland for the show too

22. Curt Six

Curt Six

Yes, there will be vendors, and you can call our main office at 650-246-8920 and ask to speak with Chasity for information about reserving vendor space.

Also, I mentioned earlier that we would offer a discount for those of you heading to the drags Saturday and Baltimore on Sunday. The entry fee will be $20, which gets (1) car and (2) people in the door as long as you've got your Showdown Drags entrant window sticker.

Like 345window said, it's shaping up to be a pretty cool line up so far. There are a ton of killer hot rods and customs on the way in, and Friday we confirmed that the Dan Webb/Craig Naff-built So-Cal Streamliner will be on display in the Competition Concours both Saturday and Sunday. More details to come...

Thanks guys.
    Curt

23. wally426ci

wally426ci

If vendor's are going to be present, make sure to advertise that. I didn't see any sign of swap meet spaces......

24. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Curt, it sounds like it's shaping up to be an awesome event. Do you know if there will there be people to watch the cars at the hotels at night? Also, it sounds like a lot of this is promoting the harbor area, which is cool, but what can we expect as far as the cruise nights on Friday and Saturday? Also, what can we expect at the race track? I assume there will be food and t-shirt vendors, anything else notable besides the kick ass cars?

25. Spike!

Spike!

I guess I'm faced with a decission here..two great events , miles apart. However, a choice has been made. I have always supported larry and his shows and, since Traditional Rod and Kulture sponsors the Jalopy Showdown drags, I'll be there Saturday. Not sure about Sunday yet. It will depend on funds I guess. What a tough choice... hope I don't have to make it again next year!

Spike

26. Curt Six

Curt Six

Sorry I missed this when you originally posted it. We will have security at the Waterfront Marriott garage Thursday through Saturday nights, from midnight to 7:00am.

We've got stuff planned at different spots around the harbor each night. We're not shutting down the streets for cruising the way they do at Paso or Santa Maria, but we are hoping and expecting people will probably do some cruising from place to place each night. There's lots to do in all of those areas, and good roads connecting them. We're just providing the anchor point each night. Steve has said a few times "We want to give people plenty of stuff to do, but not really expect them to do anything in particular." That about sums it up.

The car show Saturday will have vendors, tons of cars (including a section for previous TRJ feature cars and a "Competition Concours" with a line-up of vintage race cars), good food, good beer. We've also got some other stuff planned that we'll be announcing sometime this coming week...it's going to be good.

And Spike, definitely come see us Sunday after the Drags. It sounds like Larry's got another great event planned up there, and he's already said a bunch of them will be cruising down on Sunday to hang out with us. And no, you won't have to make the same tough choice next year.

Thanks guys.
    Curt

27. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

only 3 more weeks....we're looking forward Curt

28. Perhaps I've missed it, but I think I've read the details a few times. If someone shows up Sat. car and driver only, not pre-registered, how much is entry? Will it be the $50 for the one day? Thanks.

29. Curt Six

Curt Six

Hi Don. The $50 admission is for a weekend car show entrant registration (ie wristband good for car/driver/guest for the whole weekend). One-day car show registration the day of the event is $30, and if you're coming from the Showdown Drags (with Drags entrant window sticker) it's $20. Each one is good for car, driver, and one passenger. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks - hope to see you there.

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The last time I went to a show on the east coast, I woke up to hotel room littered with what must have been 500 pounds of oatmeal on the floor... and there was a mule locked in the bathroom as well. To be honest, I'm not sure what went down the night before, but I paid for my indiscretions for weeks afterwards.

I've already promised Coonan that all shenanigans would be curbed if I were to show at this deal. So, I'll be there... But don't expect the outgoing and bubbly character you are all so use to.

:)