Register now to get rid of these ads!

One Knotty '32 Sedan...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

2. seatex

seatex

Damn, that thing gives me WOOD! (Sorry, couldnt help myself............)

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Looks like fun! Lots of downhill curvy roads around here... Never found anyone else dumb enough to get geeked up and do adult soapbox around these parts though.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

The grille shell is beautiful.....although far from hip, I'd like one for my son Memphis!!!

5. Very slick! All of our local soap box races have died. I know this is O/T but didn't Boyd's shop do a soap box hot rod on one of its episodes? I think it was a green sedan?

6. MODELA30

MODELA30

man that is cool I always wanted to build 1 of those. between 2 of my knuckle head motorcycles. 1930 model a ford coupe, and the honey do list. well maybe in the future. very cool thanks for posting

7. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

8. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The person that did the wood work is a true master craftsman in every sense of the word.

The car is a work of art and I would hate to ask the question of how many hours did it take to complete such a work of art.

I tip my hat to a master craftsman.

Amazing work. Jimbo

9. silverdome

silverdome

I wonder if he'll do a '32 Vicky also?

10. draggler

draggler

That is awesome!
    Certainly good wood use! Hah

11. Sparkswillfly

Sparkswillfly
    from Colorado

12. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

that thing is really cool, but the 5w behind it is incredible, and my jaw just hit the floor. i need to know more...

13. Here's one I took of it at the Goodwood Revival last fall! Awesome piece of work!

Attached Files:

14. Dunwoody, GA (in north Atlanta) is pushing hard to build a new soapbox national event track, cost not including land is over $1 million including concession stand and bleachers it has some strong backing and may actually happen, goes to show soapbox is not dead, it would be nice to see bunch of these going head to head like a "Legends" type class for those of us big guys and gals that cannot grow up.

15. choppd27'Munster

choppd27'Munster

thats awesome. i want one, better yet i wanna race one!

16. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Looks to be very nice!! My dad is a wood worker and this is something I can appreciate highly because of what he has taught me throughout the years. Maybe something I can try and tackle to build when I have my own kids. It would have to be a plymouth though. :)

17. Peter put me out in the 1st round of the Hayride soapbox race last year!!! I'll be back for my revenge in July....

[​IMG]

18. seatex

seatex

Where's the video?!!?

19. Very nice! If I had kids I would want one too. Who needs kids I want one. :D

20. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

so is that Peter's 5w next to the derby car? i am obsessed...

21. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

That is great!

Last fall my boys wanted and old style gokart so we started on a T speedster out of my old car parts. I have stayed to the side and let them learn through trial expect for the cutting. It's great to see how a young mind works - somehow they ended up with a pinball coin shoot as a dashboard and a old Folgers cans on their side for the T gas tank.

This is good inspiration to finish their project, and now tempts me to build one for myself.

Wonderful craftsmanship and love that it's unpainted.

Attached Files:

22. truckjim

truckjim

I would be the kool grandpa :) if I built one of these for the grandaughter. Beautiful work and the dedication shows! Looks like a bunch of fun too! :DThanks for sharing.

23. Thats Peter in his car on the right and my slightly less well crafted effort on the left. He only beat my by a couple of feet mind....

24. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

don't get me wrong, i like the soap box cars. but i am talking about the grey 32 5w behind the soap box car in the 4th photo. i would love to know more about that car.

25. stromberg-97

stromberg-97
    from England

Stromberg Carburetor sponsor the Hot Rod Hayride Soapbox Derby every year and all I can say is, the standard of 'boxes' gets better every year. Wooden you know it, here are a few more examples.

Attached Files:

26. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Is that how Goodwood got started?

27. flamingokid

flamingokid

The journal once again gives me inspiration in my woodworking.Thank you!!

28. Pete Vivian

Pete Vivian

Hi guys came across this thread by chance thanks for all the kind comments, I've attched a pic of chassis no. 3 which went to Europe's largest chain of independent car dealerships. Back at Bisley this year with a new cart.[​IMG]

29. Pete Vivian

Pete Vivian

Looking forward to the rematch

30. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor