Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Doughnuts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Actually, I think we were called JD's...for "juvenile delinquents"...and by "we" I mean most of the car guys back in high school...I got into my share of "trouble" ...and my share of my friends as well...

I wrote two books about it- "Bangin' Gears & Bustin' Heads" and "Fast Cars, 4-speed & Fist-fights"...and the stories in them actually started right here on the HAMB...

R-

3. Damelot85

Damelot85

Love it, couple ballsy camera guy moments there.

4. Awesome!! That made my day! I laughed out loud when I saw the flat bed Ad Chevy truck pitch it sideways. good times....

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Awesome!!! I've the first part as well but the second part is new to me!!! I wanna do some too now....no snow though.

6. memories...was telling my Dad over Thanksgiving about some of the stuff we did without (or so I thought) his knowledge...he damn near knew everything and finished most of my stories for me

7. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Whoa! Look at the flatbed get in on the fun! :D

8. bowtiemyk

bowtiemyk

Mmmmmmmmmm, Doughnuts

9. Racrdad

Racrdad

Love that video! Reminds me of days gone by. About 20 years ago or so I was out one night doing donuts in an O/T vehicle I had borrowed from my dad. Flipped it over. Robelticia was with me, he remembers it well also. The next morning my dad looked at it in the driveway as said "Well, I guess you bought it" and turned around and walked back in the house. Robleticia helped me push the roof out well enough to get a windshield back in it and I sold it at a loss (of course).

10. sololobo

sololobo

Wow! Memory lane trip for me, small town entertainment at it's best. Been there-done that! Thanx for another trip and never leavin the farm, sittin and grinnin on a sack of seeds! wild woodflower/~sololobo~

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Too cool! kinda reminds me of the front parking lot at Industrial Chassis where ElPolacko and myself and others have been humbly repaving for about twelve years now... Sans the snow, of course! Imaturity and high horsepower rules!!!

12. That big flatbed comin' by sideways is awesome.

Kinda sad how many kids won't get the chance to do donuts, unless they're goin' in reverse (FWD). Yay rear-drive cars!

13. jick

jick
    from london

Great stuff! Oh to be a dumb 20 year old again instead of a dumb 40 year old.....

14. big bad john

big bad john

.....Great tape......reminds me of a event 40 years ago......doing donuts out on the lake after the fishlee......sure do miss that old 55 Chevy.....

15. chickenshift

chickenshift

That big 1 ton is my favorite!!!

16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ahh yes, the joyous dance of the donut.

I busted out some victory donuts in an O/T 4x4 at the shop one night. I was pretty happy we just got a motor swapped into my 49 Chevy and celebrated as we were leaving by doing perfect flat spins in the parking lot.... which was mud, dirt, and gravel.

I finished and let the dust settle all around me expecting to see all my cheering fans begging me to do a few more.....

All I saw was Benny staring at me.... then his truck.... then me. I could read his lips as his hands came flying up like an angry Italian and he said " DUDE, WHAT THE F***".

Apparently one of the mud tires had chucked a rock through his back window and he was not very happy. I now had to budget in a back window to my engine build. I of course had it replaced the very next day.

To be dumb and young... wait nevermind. That was last year.

Good video too, thanks for sharing. I wish we had recorded mine that night, the look on Bennys face was priceless. If priceless is about $150 for a Silverado rear window without defroster.

17. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i love donuts ...

18. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

We never get snow :( ! However I took my share in an empty parking
    lot (with permission of the owner :D) one winter in Detroit ... until the
    car started to smell funny :p.... it was a rental though! :D

Thanks for the great video.

19. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We did that with some regularity in the HS parking lot when I was 1st licensed. Had a contest once, how many times could we go around on 1 donut. I could go almost 4, the other guys like 1 or 2. They didn't know how I was doin it and I didn't tell em. I went bigger once and went so long I had the oil light flashin! Had the sense to stop right away. But it wasn't always kids. Back in 65 my dear departed Dad had a welding shop in Lincoln Pk. He shared the space with his fellow Flat Rock racers and 2 of em met in the alley out back right after the city paved it. It was Dick Mitchell and John Rieburger for you locals that are greyer than I. Dick was pulling out, John pulling in, niether would move for the other so Dick hit the bumper on John's AD with his 59 Ford PU. John winds it up (had a SBC in it) and Dick follows suit (a Y block V8). Here comes the smoke from their tires. John was getting the best of him, then it was Dick gettin the best of John, and while it only lasted 2-3min I thought it would never end. Johnny was over powered and got pushed out of the alley in a blaze of tire smoke. I said to Dad how kool it was and that Dick won. He reminded me that they were just havin fun and Dick didn't win anything. I shouldn't think of trying that when I get older. Well fast forward to '97. I have this 89 F250HD with a 460 and the other guy had a Dodge 1500 4X4. After the "big dick" contest of who had the most power I decided to hook em up but he had to be in 2WD. He cheated and was in 4 Low, my truck was only a 2WD. I had him for about 150' until I hit gravel and lost traction. It brought back fond memories of a couple of my local heros from 65. Once a hoodlum, always a hoodum.

20. Labold

Labold

Reminds me of being 15 and out in my mom's car.

Great video, I love seeing old cars sliding around for some reason.

21. That's Laydrag on the Hamb's old man - Cabbage Pendley doing those donuts in that video -
    I posted that video orginally on youtube when the guy that took the video gave it to Laydrag. Somebody put it up on bangshift recently too

It's cool as hell

That same engine with the 4 2 barrels in Laydrag's garage right now. Old Cabbage will tell you some stories if you see him. Awesome real deal guy.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  22. rixrex

rixrex

MacArthur High School, San Antonio Texas 1964..Hippies weren't around yet, there were Jocks, Kickers,Hoods,Surfers and Dorks..The vice-principal still gave "licks" with an ol smokey paddle..some hoods had gotten licks for some rule breaking they did..the next day they did a drive-by shooting with a 22 rifle at the high school aiming for the VPs office. A bullet lodged in the air conditioner in our 7th. period classroom as it was next to the VPs. The first drive-by shooting?..We used to set-up drag races at lunchtime and race after school...some of my hoodlum experiences..

23. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

Oh yeah I was a little upset......... BUT after I asked him what he was thinkin, I had to tell him that was one of the best flatspin donuts I had ever seen!

Great video Ryan! It reminds me of the donuts Drugasm spun in his Edsel, in a sleepy little town on the way home from Viva earlier this year. I think I have it on video, I'll see if I can get it posted up.

24. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

It's snowing in PA today, in fact

I'm looking at an empty parking lot...

The other insane thing we did as kids was skitching--hanging off the back bumper sliding on your shoes...

25. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Beautiful pirouettes by the flatbed. Cool video, thanks.

26. Neat to see the rest of the Vid, that first part is all I had seen as well.

27. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! That just made my friggin' day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. jasone

jasone

Doughnuts...round and tasty in any form.

29. hoodlums?... i was waiting to see kids doing something stupid and destructive. really? my dad took me to a parking lot when i was learning to drive and taught me how to do that, and correct it. good lesson here where there is snow. love the video, getting snow right now, i think i'll go out and practice!

30. LAROKE

LAROKE

Driftin'? I got yer driftin' right here, creep!