Register now to get rid of these ads!

new ontario swap meet Rockton

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B Lawrence, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Roadagent2

Roadagent2

I went to the Fall Rockton and was not disapointed except $8.00 for a walk in ticket....ouch thats a gouge!

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

See ya there Brian

3. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Roadagent 2 come and see me I will pay your way in no problem......
    Brian

4. hightower611

hightower611

Guys like the Hounsell family are the reason we have great swap meets and car shows here in Canada. It takes a lot of work to plan and run a show and they take the risk. Brian and Dave are great guys and I hope this first Rodders and Racers show is the first of many. I will do my part and support them by going.

5. quickchangeV8

quickchangeV8

Going to the new Rockton show to have a look. Sounds like there will be vendors there you don't see at other shows and that means different parts to look through. We will be vending at the International Centre on Dec. 4. A group of us get together and will be sharing four spaces all in a row. This is the only meet we vend at all year. Flathead intakes, flathead heads and ignitions, old time speed parts and good old hot rod parts like you used to see in Barrie before it became the show it is today. Rick will have his stash of 32 parts for sale. Who knows, a Frenzel supercharger or a S.C.O.T. blower may even show up. Come out and have a look. Should be lots of fun!!!

6. ardyboy

ardyboy

OK. I just paid for a couple of spots to get rid of some rod and some race stuff. We should also have a few of our new 33 Willys Norwell design racing Ts for sale. Jeff... your shirt is on the house.

7. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Brian H. , I hope your first is a huge success as it should be. John I am planning on bringing a big bag of cash to both meets. Larry

8. ardyboy

ardyboy

bumpin it up for the northerners

9. Any interest if I were to have a table with pinstriped Christmas ornaments and other goodies? or does that fall under the tubesock category?

10. I'd put pinstripes on my car, but I wouldn't put tube socks on it...

I think you'd be fine bringing pinstriped Christmas ornaments. Besides, then it's 'Christmas shopping' and not going to a parts swap when explaining it to the wives.

And I'll suggest this again... HAMB meet at the swap? Anyone interested?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  11. Wonderfull. I shall go out and pick up some ornaments tonight and get to work. Any special requests? I.E. names and stuff like that?

12. bob t!

bob t!
    BANNED

heavychevyboy I would check with the promoter before spending money for supplies. He's posted on this thread .

13. MistShift

MistShift

I'm in. If it's not snowing or raining, look for a chopped/slammed 38 Studie in da parking lot. And I don't mind dropping the 8 clams for a walk-in, spill more than that on a good night :)

14. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Looks like we're in for a few NY'ers, see you fellas there!

15. ardyboy

ardyboy

Mistshift---eight clams will get two of you in the door---$4 is very reasonable for a swap these days.

16. MistShift

MistShift

Ardy- even better! Glad to pay it. Compared to what I spend at these shindigs lol. Looking forward to it. Even went and fired up the Studie just for fun. I'll be there fo sho.

17. Stay home and keep working on my firewall/trans tunnel, or Rockton Swap? I'll probably toss a coin on Sunday morning.

18. That coin better land Rockton side up... :)

19. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I'll be hanging with Brian...sharing a table.

20. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Jeff, if you're selling Norwell equipped art/apparel...do me a favour and bring some medium t-shirts

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Very little left Brent... of any inventory Stock.
    Just mainly letting go car stuff....
    I will be there early.

22. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

John MacDougall will be there with 354 and 392 Hemi heads and more from his stash of parts for the last 40 years........ Too bad Im"m not into Chryco"s......

23. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

Funny thing I attended the social gathering at the International Centre on Sunday. I didn't see many socks but I did see alot of T shirts and house hold stuff though. And even though there were more car goodies I can see the writing on the wall down the road. I did manage to pick up a nice hood ornament and left some cash there, but the best part was seeing all of my fellow gear heads from all of the other clubs. It was like a car show with no cars just the guys that own them. Even manged to buy some of those funky pinstriped christmas bulbs too. :)

24. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

I'll try to make it, as long as the weather cooperates!

Thanks!
    Tom -Glass_Packs

25. flatnoseturbo

flatnoseturbo
    from ontario

Hope somebody relieves Johnny Mac of a set of heads before his table collapses-too bad he does not the light D500 heads,eh. Will be some good 40 stuff,maybe some Deuce stuff, even! Hound-Rented back room now so have few more spots-call Dave at 905 304 9560 or pm me.

26. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I plan on going, seeing as I only live about 15 minutes away.

27. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....warmed up the roadster today, did a few fixin's, bought some long johns, and I'm ready! Leaving Toronto around 7:30 am via Don Valley Pkway, Gardner Expressway, QEW, Hwy 403, Hwy 6, Hwy 5, Hwy 8, Old Hwy 8. Join me if you dare......

28. I'll keep an eye out for you from the QEW on. Otherwise, I'll just see you at the swap.

29. Might see both of you guys on route, plan on leaving arround the same time. if not I'll see you guys there

30. it was great to see the support the hot rod community has up here and hats off to the promoters for going through the efforts of putting the show on. but.... did i miss something?