Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mustang seats Vs Falcon seats...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by summersshow, Apr 8, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Working on my 63 falcon and I keep thinking what to do about the interior... Falcon buckets are hard to find... I have the factory bench... And than today at my store I had an idea...

The idea coming from some guy that needed money real bad... He wanted $5 for a brand new in box 1967 Mustang seat cover for a factory bench seat car....

First off I dont think ive ever seen a bench seat mustang... But the real question is... Will this fit on the falcon seat? Also... Will a mustang rear seat cover fit on the falcon? Other wise the 2 styles may look strange...

2. They did make a bench seat Mustang but the are few and far between.

I doubt very seriously the mustang rear cover would fit the falcon,,I would think the falcon rear seat is wider. HRP

3. I've got a '66 mustang and a '63 falcon wagon. From my observations, the seats of a mustang seem a lot slimmer than that of a falcon.

I think that $5 cover would end up costing you a hell of a lot of grief.

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Yes I had a Mustang with a bench seat,and a customer had a 67 Firebird with a bench seat,I have seen a few.Now in my Falcon I ran Mustang buckets,I had to space them up,Mustang has a seat riser welded to the floor Falcon didn't. I made tubular spacers to go between the track and the seat,if I find my interior shots I'll post it for you

5. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Mine came with bucket seats, they were just much heavier

6. a4278v

a4278v

the Mustang bench seat is like 2 Mustang buckets with the base connected and an arm rest between the seat backs,The covers will not fit your falcon seats front or back. but at $5.00 you could make a big profit to put toward proper seats or covers,

7. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I miss read the question,the seats aren't even close as A4278v said the Mustang looks like two buckets with a piece that goes over the hump that ties them together.

8. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

I found a bench seat from a 1965 Mustang for my '63 Ranchero project and it definitely sits much lower than the original seat. On a positive note, the replacement Mustang covers are available on ebay and I purchased mine for $99, way less than the cost for a cover for the Ranchero seat.