Register now to get rid of these ads!

1933 Ford- back from the dead??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 2, 2009.

1. My friend Tim Hein of Hein's Hot Rods here in Spokane started a new project. It's a 1933 Ford tudor sedan. I think he got it for free. Tim is a great metal guy...and he'll need those skills to fix this poor old car. The drivers side is very nice, but unfortunatly the car sat on the passanger side in a creek bed, and most of it is gone. He found a good complete quarter pannel and door, and I donated a rear window are and the upper header and pieces above the doors. I'll keep progress as he fixes it. His plan is a mild chop and heavy channel.

Before:

[​IMG]

Tonight:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here he's making a header (34, I know) out of 3 different ones!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

Wow! what else can I say.

3. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

WOW that needs a lot of work. Good that your buddy is willing to put in the time its going to take to get that back on the road.

keep the update pix coming

4. RichG

RichG

Whoa. I just subscribed to this. It's gonna be a wild ride, please post lots and lots of pics for those of us that are metalforming deficient...thanks

5. I will. Just keep in mind Tim works on this in his off time from customer's cars, so it will probably be a slow transformation. The bad thing is, the body looks MINT other than the whole side being rotted off!!!

6. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I thought similar thought with my 5wnd. It would have been nice had it not been pushed around with a CAT. But if it hadn't, would it have still been there? Id rather have a beat up 34 ford coupe than no 34 ford coupe at all!:) It also would have been nice if somebody hadnt tried to turn it into a roadster..... but i got it for 100 bucks. who am i to complain!:D

Attached Files:

7. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

AAGH! THAT'S HIDEOUS!

This is going to be very interesting to watch! Please, keep us updated!

8. I could have saved Tim a buch of time I have a decent header in my garage I'd like to sell. Let me know if Tim's looking for any parts.

9. I though Jerry wanted that Billy! Did you ever dig those doors out?

10. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Something tells me that "free" body is going to end up being VERY expensive... Be it $$$, time, labor, or frustration.

But, they dont exactly grow on trees, so if he [or any of us] wants one bad enough, I guess we gotta do what we gotta do.

I'll be watching this one ;)

11. I didn't get a chance to dig those doors out, busy with the girlfriend in town all weekend. I'll get to them this week as long as they are not frozen to the ground. Totally forgot about Jerry wanting the header I'll have to give him a call.

12. Now he's just got to find one that's been laying on it's left side in a creek bed !!:rolleyes::)

13. exactly. I've lost count of the number of cars we've had that people with no imagination think should just be scrapped, it's nice to see someone tackle a real project like this and not be one of these pussies who acts like the cartoon lady standing on the chair screaming about a mouse, because a car has some rust in it.

14. Wow...wow...oh and wow....That sure is a "project"...but I aplaud his willingness to bring that 33 back from the dead.

15. Glutton for punishment huh ? Looks like the right door post was allways just above the water line.

16. chop&drop

chop&drop

OK, I will never again say anything is "too far gone". We just keep seeing guys start with nothing and end up with something super. I feel like a wimp! Make sure you keep us up to date on the progress.

17. PoPo

PoPo

I love the drive this guy has. If I found that I might consider the same or consider selling it when I decided I was in over my head. would make nice parts for someone who needs them if couldnt be saved, well worth pulling out of the yard it was in.

18. Weasel

Weasel

Is this a Spokane thing? It looks like a perfect Jim Sibley project...:D

19. HotRod33

HotRod33

my hats off to him...that is really a project...I will watch this one....I don't have nearly enough metal working skills to tackle something like this,,,

20. solid

solid

Good for him. He's on a visionquest. It's all planned out in his head. He will surely shut some people up when he cruzin around in that cool sedan.

21. mow too much

mow too much

Yes' I'm thinking Sainthood for someone willing to save one this far gone. I'ts a testament of his skills.

22. 53 effie

53 effie

My thoughts exactly!!

23. El-Cid

El-Cid

Maybe it's a W/NW thing. My dad and I built an A coupe out of 4 cars about 6 years ago or so. He just had to have one and all he could lay his hands on was a bunch of pieces and parts so he did what he had to do. It's a decent 20-20 car and it was a helluva fun winter project for us.

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That rules. Good luck man!

25. Duke

Duke

Wow, I think it is worse than mine! If he needs any quarter parts let me know, I have a spare set of quarters.

26. RichG

RichG

Bubba, that's not a rust mouse, that's a rust monster.

Personally, I'd start calling your friend Don Quixote, but in a nice way.:D

27. 2-TONED

2-TONED

looks goood! looks like hes gettin after it and it'll be lookin like a cherry body soon enough.
    the floor dosent look real bad but they look good channeled too.

28. Exactly what I'm thinking. Hey, I would have to start with one like that if I wanted a real steel '33 or '34, `cus my pocketbook can't stand the strains of a cherry one....

29. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

I can hear the restorer types now: When he gets it done they'll be bitching about how he cut up a good old Ford to make a Hot Rod.

30. I know Tim and I believe he has the skills to this. It doesn't look impossible. It's just metal. Like a jigsaw puzzle.