Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Navy store prop trucks - worth anything?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montclaire, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. montclaire

montclaire

I just got wind that old navy stores are getting ready to disgard the 'prop' trucks that can be found in every old navy out there. From talking to my friend I know that these trucks did start life as an actual chevy truck, not a mock up, that the doors are functional, and the interiors are somewhat complete. Might make a cheap, funky project. I think I'd even leave the old navy lettering on the doors. Anybody know anything further on this? Never looked that close at one to tell how much of the running gear, if anything, is still there. Common sense says that the drivetrain is long gone. No idea what they will be asking, or how they will be disposed of, have my source working on the info as we speak.
    [​IMG]

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I heard that they all came from one source in Nebraska at one time. They look cool but don't get your hopes up. I bet they are not cheap!

3. BuckeyeBorn

BuckeyeBorn

Can you please let me know when you find out more information about these trucks. I think they are a bad ass style and my pops would love to get ahold of one.

4. wvenfield

wvenfield

Yeah, they are the real thing. My wife is always stopping at Old Navy and I have nothing left to do but check out the trucks.

From what you can actually see, they all appear very solid.

5. montclaire

montclaire

All I know besides what's above is that the company had one guy or a very small group of guys that would travel, find these trucks or a chassis, whatever, and recondition it for store use. These men or man have moved on and are no longer with old navy. Supposedly this is causing them to scrap the program.

6. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i always wanted one of those trucks. id like to hear more on this.

7. to quote sargent Shultz :
    "interesting, veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting"

8. nekroman

nekroman

I know the one at my old navy is solid, minus the drive train, and would love to buy it. I'm just like everybody else....more info.

9. the-rodster

the-rodster

Uhh, there's a gazillion 47-55 GM AD trucks out there if ya really want one...

Rich

10. nekroman

nekroman

Not 3 blocks away, constantly in a climate controlled building since painted and rechromed, and perhaps at a scrap price, it's still worth checking.

11. jerry325w

jerry325w
    from baltimore

how the hell has anyone here been in old navy to see these things:confused:

12. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wonder if the employees know anything about this yet? Think I'll stop by my Old Navy tonight just in case. I have a thing for that era trucks, especially blue. Plus I don't have a Chevy one yet!

13. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

No link workee, or are you kidding?

Don't kid a girl about a clearance sale!

15. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Why, I thought car guys went where the cars are, and Old Navy is one of those places. Years ago there was another chain that had Model As in their stores. They took the Coupe out of the store here several years ago.

16. nekroman

nekroman

link no work!

17. I called our Old Navy here, the manager I spoke to said they were getting rid of them ,but she did not think they would be for sale. I left my number with her to call me if they did end up for sale/auction.

18. nekroman

nekroman

Called my store, manager said she thought they were getting shipped to CA somewhere. You west coasters get all the good stuff.

19. I looked at those trucks too, and thought they would make a cool ride.

The link still doesn't work......

20. I think there are 3 or more in my area (anne arundel and Balt. county Maryland)

21. wvenfield

wvenfield

They likely will sell them all to one person or they will be up to whoever does the remodeling to discard.

I doubt they sell them individually at the store.

22. FredK

FredK
    Member Emeritus

I bought a truck from a local tow company (long story) that was destine for Old Navy and he told me that some guy bought ALL of the Old Navy trucks at once. I think he said there are over a thousand.

23. nekroman

nekroman

I don't know why not, it would be a lot easier and cheaper to make their employees deal with it individually as opposed to the joint effort it would take to transport 1000 pickups around the US (If that's what they are going to do). But then again they are corporate, it's not like they don't have enough resources.

24. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

sorry... the link is bogus. I tried to be funny. :D

And failed... :eek:

(really, it sounded funny in my head. )

25. montclaire

montclaire

There still might be a 'buy out' price, or something similar. Still waiting on word, I'll post as soon as I find out anything further.

26. nekroman

nekroman

Oh, you're going to hell. You should have seen how fast I was running through the old navy web page. Good one.

27. The Big M

The Big M

28. Jimv

Jimv

Thats Ok, don't feel like a asshole or anyting for wasting everyones time!!...sic!
    JimV

29. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Don't be suprised if the corporate folks don't see profit in selling them, but instead see liability for selling something that resembles a vehicle but doesn't have a VIN or title. Then correspondingly have them all shipped to one specific location (at great expense) and have them crushed. It's the corporate thing to do.

If any get out, it'll probably be a backdoor operation.

30. rab71

rab71

Well I called our local Old Navy and spoke with the Assistant Manager, and she knew nothing about the trucks being sold. But I also left my name and number. I'd love one of those!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.