Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 LA Roadster Show Cross Country Trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Sep 2, 2013.

1. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm going to the LA Roadster show next June....Leaving from Mobile, Al....wanting to go up through Memphis and hit I-40/Route 66 to Pomona and come back I-10 to Mobile.......haven't decided...may go I-10 out and back if enough want to hookup with us...going to leave Mobile the Sunday before Fathers Day weekend and drive out......not going to do any reservations....just drive till I see something I want to look at or get tired and stop.....plan on being in Pomona late Wed or Thurs........leaving Sunday to head back...only thing for sure is I'm coming back I-10........how many interested in "Kinda Running Together" on this trip.....Just seeing how many would be interested in an "Unorganized/Unsanctioned Run to Pomona"........................

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I-10 from Texas to California might possibly be one of the most boring highways in the country .

3. buzz4041

buzz4041
    from Texas

There is a group heading out called the Greybeards. Guy's from Florida,NC,Alabama,Georgia,OK,TX,NM AZ,KY,Canada,Austrailia,Minn, and Cali. This will be the fourth annual run to LARS. Meet up in OK at the Da34guy's (Don) and head in from there and pull into Pomona on Wed afternoon. Have had a blast on this run with a great bunch of hot rodders.
    Oh yea I second philly on the most boring route ever down I10.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

This is the group my Buddy and I are hooking up with......got invited by Don a couple weeks ago....I've got a grey beard, so he said I'd fit right in......we're meeting up at his place in Ok.

5. Lil32

Lil32

we met up with the Greybeards this year and will be back next year, meeting up at Red Roof Hotel San Dimas on the Wednesday. So proud of the Greybeards shirts handed out. Hi to Don. Too hard to drive our coupe from Aussie so we get a rental

6. Ah, Come on Lil32, stuff that coupe in a container and ship it over :D
    See ya in June

7. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

8. Davyj

Davyj

Don, with the cars in your garage, you can start a rent a rod agency :) June, coming soon, I already sent Alan the drawing for the car on next years shirt!

9. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

There's a group from Maryland going also but no route yet decided; probably leaving around the beginning of June and taking it easy, day drivin' day tourist, day drivin' day trourist, etc. etc.

10. metal man

metal man

A bunch of us Ohio guys are heading out too. I believe we will take rt 40.I can't wait.

11. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Swing up thure wash state we will make the run with you

12. Heard from a mutual friend in Kentucky, Joe Hurley.
    That your group is stayin @ the Red Roof Inn also.
    Maybe we'll ( The Great Greybeard Adventure) hook up some place on I 40 on the way out there.
    If not --- see ya @ the RRI

13. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Anyone else getting plans together to go to 50th Anniversary Roadster Show in 2014?

14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Amen to that !! I did that 4 times until I decided to cut up to the I-40 ....

15. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I got to wondering what the distance is 3 different ways from Mobile, Al...here they are......Leave Mobile, go through Dallas and on to Pomona 1972 miles.....Leave Mobile, go through Houston and on to Pomona 1986 miles......Leave Mobile, go to Dallas, then Oklahoma City and hook up with the Grey Beards and on to Pomona 2068 miles.....what way you think an Old Man that has had this on his Bucket List of Life is going to do......Yep...go hook up with The Grey Beards.....probably come back by way of Dallas and then home......besides, Don said he has a BBQ on Saturday Night before we head out on Sunday from his place.....Gotta see if he cooks BBQ as good an Old Southern Guys do.

16. Donnie, Nobody complained the last 3 years, and everyone left just like a happy baby,
    Full belly and dry diapers.

17. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

The worst BBQ I ever had was Wonderful, so you've got a great chance of being in the Top Ranks..hehehe.wish we were leaving next week.......can't wait

18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

19. Yer not excited to go or anything are ya Donnie?
    Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Remember the reason 4 the season.

20. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Really looking forward to it..........let me know if I can help in any way...I'm in the Sign Business...stickers, decals.....Championship College Football team or anything like that...hehehe

21. Deu55

Deu55

Can't wait coming over from Australia and will be with the greybeard tour.Rod.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. metal man

metal man

Our Ohio group is leaving Indy on the morning of Saturday, June 7th. Driving to Tulsa on the first day, then Albuquerque,then Vegas, and arriving in Pomona Tuesday afternoon. Sounds like we may be a day or so in front of the grey beard guys?

See you there!

23. Lookin forward to meetin ya Rod.
    You flyin over with Mumbles (Alan) into Florida then riding out west with the Florida group?
    See ya @ the BBQ @ my place in OK>
    Don

24. I'll be driving my 40 out there this year with Jalopyrama Mikes group. The details are yet to be worked out.

25. skirtless33

skirtless33

About five of us leaving around Springfield Il. probably Sunday going out Rt. 40. 3 32s and a 31.

26. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

I'll be traveling with Skirtless33 in my 32 5 window. OL55, I just saw your thread last night on the Garage Journal about your garage your Hotrod party and I sent a link to Skirtless33. He's been hosting a Hotrod party himself for many years and in fact this year's party was just last Saturday. He fixes chili and butter bean soup and beer. He had 33 people this year and it was a good time and a real good turn out for a snowy and icy day. Love your garage and hope to see you there.

27. Deu55

Deu55

Yes Don flyin over with Alan,lookin forward to meeting you at your BBQ.
    Rod

28. Thanks. It seemed like a good idea for something to do to after the long winter. Next month's party will mark the 19th year I've been doing it. Hope to see you on the road or in LA!

29. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Any news on who all is heading out or may be hooking up with the Greybeards?

30. Had 2 more confirm their gonna be here for the BBQ Donnie,
    1 more from Texas and 1 from Kansas, that should make 14 -16
    cars here, will pickup a few more goin west