Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown 2013 Info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, Apr 9, 2013.

1. scarylarry

scarylarry

I've saved the Showdown info from past years because I kinda covered everything in it, soooo here it is again. Vendors, your passes will be on the way in the next couple of weeks at the latest. Consider vendor registration closed at this point.

CAMPING
    The camping has always be set up for the HOT RODDERS that come a long distance to the show. That was also the reason it was always free. As with most shows that get bigger over time you have to make adjustments. Because Latimore is so open it is hard to control who gets in and out of the property, this is why we decided to make the camping $20 per camper or tent site (not per person). We had some small incidents last year that I just do not want to deal with. This show is about the CARS! I don’t care about your party & I will not let it ruin our show. I think everyone knows me well enough that I will not bother you if you respect the property & your camping neighbors. If I get called to your site, it is time to start packing!! We will also have a police presence this year. I don’t want to give the impression that we had any real problem last year...I DO want to give the impression that we will NOT have one this year! Handle yourself like an adult...easy enough. If you have furniture that usually sits on your porch at home, leave it there. It is a one day car show, you do not need to bring furniture to it. I’ve gotten a LOT of help from the full time museum member campers. I was up this week and met with Perry who is going to head up the parking/camping group. He has about 30-35 people to help you with parking & camping. They will be wearing orange vests & patrolling 24 hours. People with HOT RODS will get the closest & best camping we can provide. People without cars will be farther away. We do the best we can with the limited space at the fairgrounds, and like I said camping was for the people that drive from a long distance to come to the show & support the museum. We will have the usual fancy porta-pots from the front to the back of the property

ROCKET RIDE, MUSEUM BUS, SHUTTLES
    We will have a pick up drop off for all three just across the bridge in the parking /camping area at the small pavilion. Shuttles should run through the parking area all day moving people in & out. It is only a short walk from there to the infield. We are hoping this helps with the track crossing issues. If you have a handicapped sticker we have some parking by the infield gate.

INFIELD
    As always, the infield is reserved for traditional styled, non-billet hot rods. Yeah, I know there is a percentage of horrible rat rod types that get in, but it is a small percentage and the cars seem to get better every year. Don’t waste the gate guys time by debating if your car should get it...don’t like their decision, just leave. Or you can park and still have a big time at the show...up to you.
    If you show up at 10 or 11, trust me, the infield will be full! Also the “once you are in, you stay in until you are finished” deal we did with the cars last year really helped with the track crossing downtime, so it stays this year. Once your car leaves the infield, there is NO RE-ENTRY of the car for the day! Yes, you can walk back in.
    Also no go carts, mini bikes, tractors, 3,4 or 6 wheelers, or golf carts on the property, it is just toooo crowded. Still no pets, no bottles. The new restrooms are working! Please be kind to them. ; )

THURSDAY/FRIDAY
    We’ll be there Thursday getting some things ready. You are welcome to come in Thursday but do not get too situated in a space until you talk to one of us about where you are located (see CAMPING). Friday VENDORS can get in their space AROUND NOON. Please have your space # card in the window & wrist bands we sent you on. The pre-registration has really streamlined the vendor deal for us. Vendors please remember that the spaces are 10’ wide. Make sure your canopy & car/trailer will fit or be prepared to work it our with your neighbor! Remember, like a Carlisle spot, 10’ wide 30’ deep. You can camp in your vendor space, but will also have to pay the extra $20 to camp. The BBQ guys will be at the show Friday & Saturday. DiDi Deluxe & the Dirty Devils will play Friday from around 6-9 PM. The Museum will also be open extended hours, 10 AM to 9 PM Friday. Be sure to see the new drag race section & addition!! Kim will be selling shirts & posters as we did last year. WE will also set up a table where you can get your wrist band paid & bring your car by for a window sticker IF it should be on the infield, should save us all some time Saturday morning. We'll shut the infield down & close the gates after the band finishes.

SATURDAY
    We'll start letting people in when I get enough help to do it! We will park you on the infield. Try to come in with your group & we'll try to keep everyone together if you let them know. Metal Shapers will be here all day, jump in and bend some tin!
    Bands: 10:30- 11:30 DiDi Deluxe & the Dirty Devils, 12:15 noon to 1:30 Diamondheads, 2:30- 3:45 Garnet Hearts
    Noon, Track Time Drivers Meeting & my Ten Year Gettysburg Showdown Address at the Starter Stand Track time shortly after.
    PLEASE DO NOT WALK ACROSS TRACK DURING THE TRACK TIME. Go to the 4th turn infield entrance and cross there. I know it's a long way around, but as always an insurance problem. We will ask you to leave if you cannot follow this rule.
    Only photographers with a pass will be allowed on/near the track during track time (see me).
    We will have to limit track time to hot rods, customs & 1/2 ton pick ups. The bigger trucks do not work for our insurance company, sorry! That's it, same as always, just seems like a lot when it is laid out this way. Respect our/your neighbors, clean up after yourself, no burn outs leaving, and watch out for cops when you are on Rt. 15...we'll have another great year.
    Thanks for supporting the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing!!
    Feel free to camp until Sunday.

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

By the way, these are traditional type hot rods

Attached Files:

3. What is the date? HRP

4. scarylarry

scarylarry

This is NOT. If you own something that looks like this, please do not be surprised that we do not let you on the infield.

Attached Files:

5. scarylarry

scarylarry

May 18th. ALWAYS the third weekend in May.

6. Lookin forward to it, as always, it's an event you don't want to miss. :cool:

7. TOM N.

TOM N.

where is this event held at?

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

9. After 10 years of trying, and getting close a couple of times, I will be there... dammit. My shoebox is still in pieces, so I will drive my daily econobox, camp far away, do a lot of walking, stay out of trouble, and have a damn blast. Can't flippin' wait.

10. ..........You won't regret it.:D

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

I’m ready. See you friday!!!
    Slim

12. That's funny Larry. I see you're done being suttle! :D

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

That guy showed up last year 10 or 11 o'clock and was throwing a fit because he couldn't get it. I told him 1. we were full and 2. he was not going to get in no matter what. Some people just dont get what a hot rod is. I'm actually just doing a public service educating people on the subject. :)
    For better or worse subtle was never my strong point.

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I love this show , and (although like Big A , MY Shoebox still isn't done) I will be there again . Maybe I'll get to roll down with Legend544 with HIS Shoebox , since it's REALLY close to finished right now . We'll see .

One way or another , I'll be there !

15. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Hope to make it there. My termite trap is nowhere near ready but it will be cool to check out the show...

16. It's a struggle, but I got faith in you!

17. Big A. I'll shoot you s PM. You can hang with me. We can be the THEM-SFCC hospitality camp.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Just requested off yesterday... Have a couple minor things to workout with my roadster before then and I'm ready to go! Hands down my favorite show of the year.

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Word to all: DO NOT MISS ANY OF SCARY LARRY'S EVENTS, ESPECIALLY THE SHOWDOWN.
    There. Call in dead, get a divorce, disinherit your kids as needed. Brook NO excuse.

20. When Larry kicks us out I'm blaming you :D

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Luckily,Gary T had his canopy and eight of us huddled underneath it during the deluge last year.
    Met some fellow HAMBers and had a great time,the whole time we were at the show!

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Next to me again I hope. :D

See ya both there!

23. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

Hi larry... A month ta go hows your blood pressure.
    Oh and I'll be there

24. pitman

pitman

Gotta be a fine event!

25. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Going out for the first time. Can't wait. Just hoping for a little less rain than last year.

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:D You should come and fine out.....you can camp on the other side of me.;)

I don't remember it raining last year at the Jalopy Showdown. In fact I remember it being a really nice day.

27. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

It was nice weather last year---BUT the rains came for the J S Invitational that was in July

28. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Got my jalopy events messed up, sorry:eek: