Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1941 cadillac sedanette

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38zephyr, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 38zephyr

38zephyr

I've wanted one of these 41 Cadillacs for a long time and finally got this one about 2 weeks ago ! Really cool older guy named Tony sold it to me after owning it 30 plus years . It has a really nice body and I was actually happy that he had put a 350/350 in it 20 years or so ago as I would like to be able to put my kids in the back seat and drive wherever we feel like without worry . It's been sitting about 10 years as Tony has been having some health problems , so far I've cleaned it up a little , got the brakes working , cleaned the gas tank , had the radiator done , installed new lines , got it running , new tires and caps , skirts , lowered the back , probably will drop the front 1 1/2" or so . I always loved this body style and am going to keep working on it . Financially if I can afford to keep it for a while I'm going to try to , I always end up selling stuff cause I need cash for other stuff etc.

Attached Files:

2. Mo Mentum

Mo Mentum
    from Arkansas

Very nice. It looks solid. I picked up four door '41 two years ago. I hope I live long enough to get around to working on it.

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Nice car. I really like the '41 GM Fastback/Sedanets. Have owned several Buicks of this body type....would be at risk of owning a Caddy if one popped up at a good price.

Enjoy it.

Ray

4. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

looks just like mine! congrats on the score :D

5. Gator

Gator

Very cool, those are hard to find...

6. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

what kind of shape is the interior in?

7. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

Looks good! Mine is also a 41 6127D. Same running gear, but the suspension has been updated with Camaro subframe. I still have the front spindles, drums and the steering linkage if you need them.

Curly

Attached Files:

8. rld14

rld14

Are those circa 53-54 Olds wire caps on there? I like em.

Beautiful car, I have a postwar sedanette that I saved from being rat rodded, it's in storage till I can get to it tho.

9. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

man thats a nice caddy, i like those a lot. great score..on another note did the zephyr coupe stay local or did it go to a land, far far away?

10. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Love them fastbacks, I'm not biased either because I own a '46 Olds sedanette, same 'B' body :D

11. farmer12

farmer12

What a great body style, nice score!

12. 38zephyr

38zephyr

Hey Thanks a lot guys , I'm stoked on this car ! When I get some work done on it I'll get some better shots . Interior is pretty decent , Thanks on the front end stuff I'm okay though so far , caps are 54 Cad . I have some deep sombreros I might try to get to stay on , these 54's are pretty clean so they might stay for a bit . Guy that bought the Zephyr asked to remain anonymous so I need to honor his wishes . We got the Cad running really good yesterday , tried to drive it and I only have reverse . Messed with the tranny and I think it sat too long , or Tony burned it up and parked it ! I guess he forgot to mention it ... I already have a Lokar 350 shifter and found a good 350 to stick in locally for cheap , I'm tempted to go 700R though . Any Caddie experts know if those are 46/47 emblems on the hood and deck lid ? Check out this model I saw for inspiration , sits hard !!! Looks like your car 187 .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  13. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

now im no expert, put looks like the wheels on the drivers side are off a 46/47 along with your emblems on the hood and trunk

the proper emblem looks like this

cadillacemblem.jpg cadillacemblem2.jpg

and how much $$ for the model :D i need that

14. 38zephyr

38zephyr

That's what I was thinking on the emblems . That model is bad ! It's on Ebay right now .

15. I have a 41 Sedanette also. Not as nice as yours. I got it in a trade a few years ago. It was an unfinished project. Early 70s Nova front clip, Caddy 500 and turbo 400 trans. It has the rear end out of an early 70s Cad.

I have done zero with it since I got it. Its never been to the stage of running driving with the newer running gear. Ive tried to sell it a few times, but was lowballed a little more than I like being lowballed lol. Unfortunately I'm into it more than its probably worth so Ill probably be sitting on it quite awhile.

I do dig yours and the others in this thread though. Very classy looking rides.

16. koolkemp

koolkemp

You got the start of a real fine 40's style custom right there !Congrats!!

17. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

post pics
    :D

18. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

lol i cant find it anywhere! post up a link

19. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Check rear end ratio, but I think the 700R4 is the way to go. Freeway speeds in an old Caddy, yeah!

20. Lottsa pics in my album if you wanna check em out. Just check my user profile.

21. rld14

rld14

That's pretty much the plan for mine... Get an adapter from Bendtsen's and run a 700R4 behind the Flathead.

Well, that and paint it, rechrome it, new interior, fix the rust, get it running, get tires, lower it, fix the brakes and cooling system and rewire it and get new weatherstripping and suspension...and...

22. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

awsome project, most days i wish mine was a bit more of a project so i could cut it up without so much guilt lol :D

23. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

this seems to be the right topic to post these pics in, they r from the 40's to advertise the flathead v8's that came in these cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

im only 25, so i missed the original print of those lol :)

25. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

26. 50Fraud

50Fraud

This one was for sale a couple of years ago, and I must have looked at the listing 20 times before deciding firmly that I didn't need it.

The stance, the wires, and the fender trim removal all looked really good to me.

Attached Files:

27. ONE8SEVEN

ONE8SEVEN

looks good to me too :D would lookeven better with the skirts

28. sololobo

sololobo

Ass kickin Caddy bro, one of my all time faves. Can't wait to go to Salina KKOA this weekend. Some Caddy's will be shown bigtime. Congrats!! ~sololobo~

29. Orn

Orn

Congrats to a very nice car.

30. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

I dig 41 caddy's. Congrats!