Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Super Speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Sorry for the repost fellas... Technical glitch.

3. Being an enormous Mario Andretti fan I saw this movie the day it came out at a real IMAX theater and it was awesome. I've had it on DVD since that came out as well. I've been a long time Indy 500 fan, interested in it's rich history and drama, and the restoration of the old Indy car in the movie was spectacular. I'd recommend this movie to anybody, not just car guys or race fans.

4. I thought you guys kicked me out of the club-house again!! Like I said earlier. I like the pic of Mario with brother Aldo and I don't know if many people realize that they shared rides back in the day>>>>.

5. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

Ryan, as I told you last week or so... that car and the restoration location are about 20 min from me, and I never knew it until I got my hands on a Super Speedway DVD two weeks ago. Its really a cool story, and the myth and legen surrounding Don Lyons' collection is really something.

6. Steve 38

Steve 38

Wow, this is really exciting. I have had a fascination with Mario Andretti for a long time. He is one of those guys who, whenever he has something to say, its really worth listening to. I love hearing his stories about when his racing career was just starting out.

I remember reading once about his days in dirt track Sprintcar racing in the late 50s, and early 60s. He said fatalaties were so common, at the start of a racing season, when all the drivers would gather in a room at the start of a season, he'd look around the room and wonder how many drivers would be dead by seasons end. Pretty grim stuff, and almost unimaginable in todays world.