Register now to get rid of these ads!

331 cadillac speed parts ideas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cowtown Speed Shop, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Anyone know where to find 49-54 caddy speed parts?.....It seems like there is Not much out there, Or at least I can't seem to find much
    thanks

2. Jessie J.

Jessie J.

Nothing much new, genuine old timey '50's and '60s Caddy speed parts are out there but expect to beg, plead, and be ready to sacrifice yer family jewels in exchange.

3. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

I always enjoy the comments from others, "you have a Cadillac, you can afford to spend extra for parts!"

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It's not a sbc you might have to get creative but guaranteed it will be worth it. Have the cam reground, find other lifters, Chevys fit, have adjustable pushrods made. Mid '50s Cad. came out with single and duel fours and three twos, not out of reach on ebay. egge has rebuild parts. Speedway has aluminum valve covers, Moon has the valley covers. And then there is spending time at swaps. Morarity found a Horne 4X2 at the L.A. Roadsters swap this year and didn't mind paying the price.

5. Oh yeah, the parts are out there, Cad's were the hot rodders choice till Chevrolet brought out their smaller 265. if it wasn't for that damn Duntov guy going to work for Chevy, The Cad would still be the king.

I was there and still don't know what happened. the Cad's always had larger C.I. and higher HP base motors. just a smaller devoted following.

what has been said over hundereds of posts here. do the search. later heads net larger ports and valves, Isky is grinding cams (along with others) the swap meets are always. forged pistons.

probaby the best 331 speed parts include selling it and buying a 365 or 390 with 331 valve covers. I have 2 331 right now and had 6 cars in the past with 331's always did what I asked and got good gas mileage doing it.

the only one I ever broke was in a 48 plymouth. one raining morning it wouln't turn over . had a neighbor try jumper cables. still wouldn't crank over so I had him push start me. it started and I drove it back into the driveway. found out I had three cylinders full of water. gave me a reason to buy a set of high compression forged pistons a new cam and the heads ported and bigger valves. best driver I've ever owned

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

The old Cadillac speed equipment is out there, but you will have to work to find it. I managed to come up with a Cragar 6 carb manifold and a 3-2 Edelbrock one as well just by networking and trading. Stock 2-4 setups are still quite common and affordable.

7. troylee

troylee

I think a company called Slo mo is making intake set ups, the old widow maker.

8. troylee

troylee

9. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

it's there it just takes some fishing. there's a company in this month's R and C advertising a new 2 x 2 set-up. isky makes cam and lifter kits. upgrade to 390 heads with SBC valves. speedway and other have the magneto, but i just run the petronix kit in the dist. you can also get dress up goodies (valve cover and valley pans) from several sources.

10. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

its out there..but get out your wallet

11. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

After alot of searching I found a Detroit Racing 2x2 intake with carbs. It wasn't cheap but that's the way it goes... I just had to have it!