Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How 'bout a /////Friday Art Show\\\\\04-26-2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jigger, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOMONSTER

BOMONSTER

[​IMG]

My wife is working very hard at her job today because she worries I'm spending too much of my time goofing off and not earning a living. But everyone can see I'm busy accepting the Big A, Bad Bob, Mr. Gasser challenge building my own Allison Krome 'N Kandy Man!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  2. jacobrown

jacobrown
    from Peculiar

ewt2,
    The detail is incredible, what do you get for a drawing like that?

3. Tillrock never gets enough for his drawings. I have been around artists all my life and have never seen anyone do what Ed does with a pencil. jacobrown - just pay him whatever he wants. That sedan is amazing, Ed - you never cease to impress me. Thanks for posting it - really really cool!

4. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

Ed Tillrock's pencil drawings are unreal. So awesome.

5. Alfster

Alfster

While having been on the HAMB for a while I have never posted in this Art section before.

I did this trunk art for a '62 Falcon that has been made into a convertible.

It has been a few years since I tried any artwork. Would like to do some more sometime.

Hope you like it.

[​IMG]

6. ALLISON

ALLISON

I absolutely love that you made this look like scratch board... awesome Bo!!!! AWESOME!

7. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Just a painting I did that did not sell for the Lonestar Roundup art show. 18"X36"
    [​IMG]

8. CixPack... I missed you earlier! I have a real soft spot for '66 Chevys as a former owner of an Impala... You done it justice son, thank you beaucoup

Glad you 'get it' this is the best compliment I could ever expect.

Of course man! Great work gets a shout.

Ed T!!! I can see why you were so inspired, you compliment the real deal in excesses! The car reminds me of the rendering I did for Doc.

[​IMG]

I'm planning a HAMB auction for the benefit of the HAMB alliance as well as Norm Grabowski's niece, who incurred a lot of expenses while settling his estate.
    Please encourage others to check it out. I'll post a link ASAP, otherwise be on the look out for it...

"Norm's Big send Off" (again...) Giclee print No. 3 of 4>>>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(the actual image colors are exactly as presented above and it is 18 x 24'" on heavy, museum quality watercolor paper.)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  9. kind of old news....but I got heat exhaustion on the way home from Bonneville,last year. About 10mins from death!

10. A little manipulation on my buddy's nailhead.....

Attached Files:

11. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Not entirely done, but close enough.

Attached Files:

12. Lots of impressive stuff, as usual! Ruben, Ed, I bruised my chin when it hit the floor. Awesome! :D

13. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Fabulous stuff today guys and gals.

I have to agree with a lot of others that Allison's cut out is the coolest and a very inspired idea.

Mark (jigger) - I love the hot rod by itself - you can really see its great lines that way. Thanks also for your comment.

Nice stuff as usual Steve (spoggie)

Ruben - your painting is outstanding - all yours are.

Bomonster - definitely T-shirt!

Bob, both the cars and the salvaged B-26 are super well done and look fantastic together. Thanks also for your comments.

Fool Injection - I like your technique.

Thank you Frogz, and yes the blue car is a Ford - 1957 with 1958 components and other stuff. That Outlaw II is wild - very nice montage.

Ken - Far F'n OUT!! I really dig this one - great creativity, love the intense colors

Hellfish - the sconces are incredible! Very cool idea, very well executed.

Ed - the drawing of the black 32 sedan is awesome! I saw it at LSRU too and it certainly brings out the awesome in everyone.

Excellent submissions from everyone else too.

See you all in a couple weeks.

14. EliteS&C

EliteS&C

Damn guys, your Friday art show never ceases to amaze me! There is a lot of awesome talent on this website!

15. gyronaut

gyronaut

Again some unbelievable talent being displayed, and I gotta give a big thumbs up to Britt8M's La Tosca! Keeping the legend alive! Thanks to all who contribute... Whoa, that pencil is on a totally different level. I gotta go cut and fold now...

16. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Jigger,

You already know how much "Norm's Big Send off" means to me. I just wanted to thank you again for doing this tribute to my friend. He is sorely missed. It is beautiful in person.

Doc.

17. Thanks Doc, It's been my privilege and honor to be involved in this. Wish I'd met the man, hope I get to meet you one day. I'm so pleased you are happy with the tribute piece.

18. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

19. Frogz

Frogz

Jigger : your Tudor is awesome !

And the Mini is really smart... and the girl is so "Briteeth" !

20. Varin-Maeus

Varin-Maeus
    from Scio, OR

I can't believe I almost missed all the awesome art this week!

[​IMG]

The ONLY good reason to get the undercoating.

The scan really doesn't do it justice. In person the car looks like sweet crunchy chili candy.

21. You just sealed the deal Varin-Maeus! One fantastic FAS everyone!

By the way, Ken, nice work. Thanks Dan!

32- I love the 'vair wagon! Great capture of one cool car.

Frog, I say ol' boy, jolly good of you to pick up on that overt subtlety... Cheers old bean!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.