Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barracuda gasser/freak pics???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by don-vee, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Hey, thinking of straight-axleing my 67 Barracuda Coupe (notchback), anyone ever seen one of the notchbacks done up like a gasser? Lots of the fastbacks around, thought this one would be a bit different. Anyone got any kickass Barracuda pics of gassers or street freaks? Thank ya much!

2. BinderRod

BinderRod

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

build it in a early pro-stock look that was gaining so much popularity in the 68-72 period

4. beatnik

beatnik

Here's some pics, but by that time they were becoming flip up, funny cars. You could still do it, but it would easier to pull of a Sox & Martin car.

Gus

Attached Files:

5. I love the pic's.

6. As you can tell by the response, your car is to NEW.[/quote]

Please don't hate me because of it. Believe me, I have my share of older rusted hulks! Besides, at least I didn't ask for pro-street pics!

7. A straight axle 67-68-69 style cuda would be unusual. By 67 the funny cars were begining to dominate the old gasser classes.

There a several examples of 65-66 style with straight axle. Hurst Hemi Under Glass, Petty Jr. #43 and the original rear engined 65, Altered wheel bases were also used at that time.

1967 is kind of a point of departure in regards to technology change.

I can't remember seeing a 67-69 with straight axle but it's probable that several were built.

8. TINGLER

TINGLER

Yeah Beatnik, Thanks for posting those pics. They rule. :)

9. brandon

brandon

look for some shots of fred hurst barracuda.....not a notch but still worth a look....might check on gassermadness.com for some pics of some more cuda gassers....brandon

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Beatnik, you hit the mark on what I was talking about, those are the style of cars, especially the red one on the bottom. no need to go to the extreme flopper version but the Sox version or mallicoat is what i had in my head

(not even full tub, but mini tub woud work - relocated rear springs inboard (like the shootn cude pictured above), deep mags (or crager), lots of tall tire in back and a strong rake. pure hotrod vibe

11. Jet Doc

Jet Doc

How's about Fred Hurst's Barracuda!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Fred Hurst's car notwithstanding, I think your best potential for that body style is for a Super Stock or Modified Production look. It is substantially more straightforward, and likely to be better for both racing and street work. Keep us advised about what you decide, and your progress.

13. beatnik

beatnik

More

Attached Files:

14. FEDER

FEDER

Its not a Cuda but heres a pic of My Hilborn Injected Dart. These pics are from Bakersfield at the CHRR last year. I raced in the N/SS -- A/FX class.
    FEDER

Attached Files: