Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Flashback: 2005 Lone Star Round Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

This meet is a great testimony to your perseverance. It is THE meet in my book.
    Thanks!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Congrats on the 3rd you old dog you!!! You've still got it!!! :D

Like your own personal family the Roundup family seems to be getting bigger and bigger as the years go on. When I was there in 2009 I'm sure it was way way bigger then years prior (although it did rain so it may have been smaller) and if I go this yeah I'll probably be blown away by how much it's grown in 3 years.

What's nice to know is that as big as shows get and as time passes and things change one thing we can count on is that a Flathead powered Ford Roadster painted black with '40 Ford wheels will always be cool.

4. #3!?!?!?! Congrats!

5. silverdome

silverdome

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR THIRD KID!

The 3 window in picture #3 in an inspiration to me.

And by the way 3 is my favorite number.

6. Fopelaez

Fopelaez

You can tell how much time has passed when yo look back to your kids... and the
    paint chips on your hood!

Congratulations on your 3rd, bet he/she will be a hot rodder too!

7. Aimless suits aint' that bad...Hell, somebody's got to pay the bills around here. Congrats on the kiddo.

Oops...Probably need to renew my alliance membership before spilling those opinions.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  8. S.F.

S.F.

05 was a good year

9. Congratulations! great little article

10. texdesoto

texdesoto

As the song says, "God Bless Texas"

11. The days on the river/lake were so cool, I think I have pictures of some of the same cars from that year in my collection. I am of the opinion, as if it matters, Roundup is as good as it gets although Revolution is right behind it..

12. seatex

seatex

Sheeeyit. Doesnt seem like that long ago the first one was held at House Park Stadium. Then it seemed like Fiesta Shores was getting to small, and then the rain came and (heaven forbid) it was getting moved to the Heritage Center. There was a collective "cringe", but guess what? It only got better. Kudo's to Jefe and all of the Kontinentals for turning the LSR into one of the premier shows-events-happenings-kulture-activities in the whole damn country. It's a whole new decade of shows coming up, fella's. Can't wait!

13. JJK

JJK

Congrats on the new baby! I was going to Texas Tech at the time and drove my 65 Rivi from Lubbock that weekend. I found an undeveloped roll in my photo box about a month ago and was surprised to see it was form the 2005 show. Heres a few from that roll, I do miss that venue.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. I can't wait, this year will only be my 2nd LSRU but me and my brother have made this our annual trip forever.

15. autobilly

autobilly

Congrats, I like the name Offenhauser.:eek::D

16. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Wow. That was nice stoll back in time. RC is right. The LSRU means one thing and its rites of spring and the gathering of all of you here in our town is just so damn cool. The effort that many of you make to drive those cars here does not go unnoticed. It was cool to see Bob Bleed was here in 2005 as was McPhail and Jeff Myers and Bobby Walden and Dr Dan's Zephyr making the scene pre Gary Howard treatment and Aaron was there w/ the Lunar Lander, Don Dillard w/ his incredible '32 roadster, Aaron Labato w/ his Watson inspired chevy and many more. The coolest was the shots of S. Congress with the parking all to ourselves.......man has that ever changed now. That's the one thing I wish I could really turn the clocks back on, the fact that we no longer have S.Congress Ave to ourselves at night. The best parts about this show is really the reunion of sorts that this event brings especially w/ all the folks that here early on and make that annual pilgrimage to Austin. Thanks everyone for bringing in springtime w/ a bang !!

17. been years since I drove the Daytona down to Austin....but that was a different meet....and long before the LSR....good luck with your latest...maybe one week (end) I'll make it to LSR....

lwf

IMAG0039.jpg

18. MUNDSTER

MUNDSTER

Wow, that all makes me wish I lived in Texas.

19. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

Some terrific shots here Ryan. Nice work on the shutter man.

20. 54BOMB

54BOMB

We drove down here to see the round up and Austin, had such a great time we moved here just a few months later. It really does seem like just yesterday.

21. Anderson

Anderson

The second one I attended and the first time I drove a car down. What a great time it was! I miss Austin....really looking forward to the show this year!

22. Congrats on #3
    I always enjoy reading your artcles.
    I find time is measured by watching my daughter grow up.
    LSR is on my gotta do list, one year.

23. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Did you recognize your avatar truck in post#13, pic7??

24. swanwaco32

swanwaco32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Ryan. I miss that #5 car!! That show is my favorite!!!!! John

25. I remember #5 it was a good time.

26. Plowboy

Plowboy

I wish I could make it again, but with the date moved to the middle of April, it is uncertain whether I can attend or not if that ends up the week that all the corn gets plnated here at home.... Good Times!

27. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

2005, Has it been that long, that was my first LSR and hopefully wont be the last, but not this year. Have a great time as always. :cool::cool:

28. Thanks for that flashback, Ryan - theres really been alot of water under the bridge since then and we've all come a long way. Me and my girls are so grateful for you and your family and everything that makes all this the best home anyone could have.

And thanks too for all the kind words about the Round Up everyone. It really feels good see how you guys feel about the show - and especially when we are burning up the hours trying to get it all ready on top of our crazy regular lives - it fires us up and keeps us at it. We love throwing this party just as much as you guys enjoy coming, and we are hard at work on number 11 right now.

There's a few green leaves starting to pop up - and temps in the 80s today. Its perfect roadster weather and we are ready to do this thing. Hope to see you all soon.

29. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

That's some good memories.

30. Brewton

Brewton

Wow - this brings back some memories... A lot has changed... I too miss having Congress to ourselves. I also miss the park, but I like the Expo center too. I look forward to the Roundup every year! My favorite car event!